Vermont Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: wildstang

Vermont January 2015 - a fresh year and finally fresh BS and hopefully lots of SNOW

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 04:25 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Received 135 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning Vermont and FTE land. Have a fantastic first Friday of the year

Old 01-02-2015, 04:27 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Originally Posted by Oldtrucknut7077
Good morning and happy Friday Jim & all!

Have a great, safe one.
Good morning Scott. Have a safe Friday. So you had to work or couldn't sleep?

Old 01-02-2015, 04:32 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Morning, and Happy New Year to all. Let's hope 2015 is a warm and rainy winter, at least in the mid atlantic. Jim and Shawn can have it all.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:19 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Good morning Dave. No sense wasting all that nice cold and snow down there. Snowing a little here now

Old 01-02-2015, 05:32 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea I heard there was going to be some snow north. They say it's going to be in the 60's on sunday, then get really cold tuesday and wensday, but only snow showers on wensday. No big storms when the cold air is in, jet stream is to far west, the storms pull the warm Atlantic air in and warms us up, you might get smacked with some snow sunday and monday

Old 01-02-2015, 07:16 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Received 124 Likes on 114 Posts
Good morning woodchucks and woodchuck imposters. Jim, you're right, the thieves are the ones that steal from the transportation fund to pay for the social programs. Good for you and Roy to put your kids first and get them a decent education. Can't count on the public schools - they just cater to the unions and the lowest common denominator.

Morning Dave. We'll get some snow (theoretically) but I would place any bets on it. The weather pattern sucks right now.

Jim, I pay a fair amount for registration but it is far cheaper than the fine if I ever got stopped for being overweight. Not that I really worry about it since the camper is now on a seasonal site and I won't be hauling it nearly as much as I had expected. Just thank me for making a small contribution to your salary!

Think I'll take the day off too. I'd bring my chainsaw up and give you a hand clearing trails but that sounds too much like work and I don't have a sled...have a good day.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:47 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Originally Posted by David7.3
Yea I heard there was going to be some snow north. They say it's going to be in the 60's on sunday, then get really cold tuesday and wensday, but only snow showers on wensday. No big storms when the cold air is in, jet stream is to far west, the storms pull the warm Atlantic air in and warms us up, you might get smacked with some snow sunday and monday
3-6 maybe depends when it turns to crap rain

Old 01-02-2015, 08:11 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Originally Posted by sbryan
Good morning woodchucks and woodchuck imposters. Jim, you're right, the thieves are the ones that steal from the transportation fund to pay for the social programs. Good for you and Roy to put your kids first and get them a decent education. Can't count on the public schools - they just cater to the unions and the lowest common denominator.

Morning Dave. We'll get some snow (theoretically) but I would place any bets on it. The weather pattern sucks right now.

Jim, I pay a fair amount for registration but it is far cheaper than the fine if I ever got stopped for being overweight. Not that I really worry about it since the camper is now on a seasonal site and I won't be hauling it nearly as much as I had expected. Just thank me for making a small contribution to your salary!

Think I'll take the day off too. I'd bring my chainsaw up and give you a hand clearing trails but that sounds too much like work and I don't have a sled...have a good day.
Good morning Shawn. Do they really check truck camper combos?
I got an extra sled you could ride.. But it might be a lot of work.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:16 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by wildstang
Good morning Shawn. Do they really check truck camper combos?
I got an extra sled you could ride.. But it might be a lot of work.
Not so much here but in some states it is apparently a revenue generator.

How do you push a sled? Last time I rode a sled was probably 40 years ago - I recall it being heavy, noisy, hard to steer and generally obnoxious. I'm sure the technology has changed dramatically! And I think that sled was old at the time - might have been one of the original Skidoos. I know, I'm old. But I have a limited toy budget and with the crappy snow years we've had recently it seems like buying a sled might be a loser for me, especially since there are no trails near where I live so I'd have to trailer to a place to get on the trails.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:20 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,098 Likes on 4,183 Posts
Morning Varmints...and...wanabees. What's all this talk of white crap???

Old 01-02-2015, 08:32 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Good morning Ken. Snowing here now, maybe an inch so far. We'll see when the rain comes just what we really get. Yup, white now but who knows where we're going?

Old 01-02-2015, 08:43 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,098 Likes on 4,183 Posts
Just overcast here...y'all can keep the white crap up there...definitely not welcome here!!!

Old 01-02-2015, 08:59 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Originally Posted by sbryan
Not so much here but in some states it is apparently a revenue generator.

How do you push a sled? Last time I rode a sled was probably 40 years ago - I recall it being heavy, noisy, hard to steer and generally obnoxious. I'm sure the technology has changed dramatically! And I think that sled was old at the time - might have been one of the original Skidoos. I know, I'm old. But I have a limited toy budget and with the crappy snow years we've had recently it seems like buying a sled might be a loser for me, especially since there are no trails near where I live so I'd have to trailer to a place to get on the trails.
That would be comparing a model T to a 2015 mustang now. But they are expensive for the limited time to use them.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:00 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Morning Varmints...and...wanabees. What's all this talk of white crap???
Good morning Ken

Old 01-02-2015, 09:45 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning Vermont! Happy first Friday of 2015!

Got some light snow yesterday afternoon at my folks place in Colorado, now today it's blue skies and sunshine.

Quick Reply: Vermont January 2015 - a fresh year and finally fresh BS and hopefully lots of SNOW