Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

January chat and general BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 10:48 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
January chat and general BS thread

Monkey see, monkey do! I figure if our fine statesman of southern Arkansas could get away with last month...I mine as well give it a try. What's the worse that could happen, I have to drive a 7.3L for a couple of weeks?

Happy New Year y'all!

Here's to an uneventful & prosperous 2015. Root beer & ice tea rounds are on me for the next two hours. FOB fort's myth.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:48 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
What's the worse that could happen, I have to drive a 7.3L for a couple of weeks?
Careful with that proposal, you might get accustomed to not working on it all the time.

Happy new year everyone!

Old 01-01-2015, 09:30 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tojoski
Careful with that proposal, you might get accustomed to not working on it all the time.
While you might have a point there...I'm accustomed to some serous power in stock format. The ability to pass the Dodge boys while towing and not downshifting is a great feeling. Speaking of diesel fuel...just paid $2.39 a gallon Sunday morning.

Before I forget...Happy Birthday a chapter member that has a birthday this week. If he wants to remain anonymous, I understand.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:18 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Yeah buddy, I must be slipping. :-( It doesn't help much that I have been down with a severe cold since before Xmas either. Beginning to think I might live, was sorta touch and go for a while. ;-)

Old 01-09-2015, 02:30 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
I'm really surprised no one in this chapter wished Elvis a happy 80th birthday yesterday. Though crowd I tell ya'. And before anyone asks/questions it...we all know he's still alive performing on the strip in Vegas!
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Yeah buddy, I must be slipping. :-( It doesn't help much that I have been down with a severe cold since before Xmas either.
Gees Jeff, some of the excuses folks will come up with to get a day off. We all know you needed a day to go shopping with the wife.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:57 PM
Hogtrapper
Tuned
Hello all and a Happy New Year to all of you gentlemen. If I understand correctly we can just shoot the bull here, if not...sorry. So far this year has been pretty good for me. I didn't do any good deer hunting but that's not really very important to me. My wife likes to deer hunt so I take her and I sit on a stand as long as she wants to hunt but I really don't care. My thing is trapping feral/wild hogs and so far this year has been pretty slow. I trapper 13 back in December and they were pretty good size hogs, average about 150 lbs each but so far this year I haven't caught a single hog. I just got one trap put up about 5 days ago and I'm ready to go check it and look at the game camera to see what's going on and hope to go set another one from last year hoping it'll start catching again this year. I am probably in the minority here but this is my time of year with the cold weather because dead hogs keep better than they do when it's warm. I hope you all are well and enjoying good health.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:48 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Before I forget...Happy Birthday a chapter member that has a birthday this week. If he wants to remain anonymous, I understand.
Nobody that I know i hope

Yeah buddy, I must be slipping. :-( It doesn't help much that I have been down with a severe cold since before Xmas either. Beginning to think I might live, was sorta touch and go for a while. ;-)
So far we have been lucky and have avoided all that nasty stuff going around, glad to hear you are feeling better

Originally Posted by Hogtrapper
If I understand correctly we can just shoot the bull here, if not...sorry.
Yup, shooting the bull is what this thread is all about.

Originally Posted by Hogtrapper
My thing is trapping feral/wild hogs and so far this year has been pretty slow. I trapper 13 back in December and they were pretty good size hogs, average about 150 lbs each but so far this year I haven't caught a single hog.
That's a lot o' hog; Are they good to eat? I've never seen one around here.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:37 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Holy smokes...would you look at that! Three posts in one day!!! You'd almost think it's an active thread.
Nobody that I know i hope
Pretty sure it ain't the moderator that used to post here. Anyone talked to him lately? Surely he isn't taking Denver's lose to the Colts that bad?
Yup, shooting the bull is what this thread is all about.
Are you kidding? These monthly threads are nothing but serous business! Speaking of which, Jeff have you gotten around to that IRS for your '53 yet?
That's a lot o' hog; Are they good to eat? I've never seen one around here.
A guy at work traps them...though I don't think he eats 'em. Sells them to another guy that butchers them. Seems like I heard there's no bag limit or season on them...just get as many as you can.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:04 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
This is how your supposed to trailer a Ford product...

Old 01-17-2015, 12:09 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
This is how your supposed to trailer a Ford product..
Nice Bronco, new addition?

Old 01-17-2015, 03:34 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Nice Bronco, new addition?
Nah...friend of the family's toy; headed to the Starbird show in Wichita this weekend. While I wouldn't mind having a toy like that...I don't have a place to keep it out of the weather.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:54 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Happy New Year Y'all !!

Old 01-17-2015, 05:49 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Speaking of which, Jeff have you gotten around to that IRS for your '53 yet?
No time to mess with it lately, gonna try and get the 97 F250 going first so I'll have a pickup besides my work truck to drive. Too many projects and not enough time.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:36 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk
Happy New Year Y'all !!
Holy Smokes! Who's this guy???? Glad to see your still alive there Dave. For those of us that that burn diesel, check this out from this morning. It ain't a typo...three stations have been battling it out for the last month or so with overnight drops as much as 30 cents at a time. I love this part of capitalism...the part where the consumer isn't taking it on the nose.

No time to mess with it lately, gonna try and get the 97 F250 going first so I'll have a pickup besides my work truck to drive. Too many projects and not enough time.
Oh how well I know that feeling. Though I've been on both sides of that situation...when I do have time (unemployed) I don't have the funds to float the plans. At least you have most of the pieces...that's a start.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:33 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
I got fuel for $2.40 today in N LR Murphys on Mccain. I got a new job running tanker to Houston 3 times a week between that and the holidays I just lost track.

Quick Reply: January chat and general BS thread