Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help any one from mi in my area

Old 12-20-2014, 03:27 AM
rjkenney
New User
rjkenney is starting off with a positive reputation.
please help any one from mi in my area

I'm flat broke rite now and I just want some one that knows about diesels to take a look at mine the guy I got it from said it just needs the hpop hose replaced but she's leaking oil and idk where from but it's sitting on top of the block and then runs down and mom's gettin pretty upset about the oil stains in the drive way lmao any help/info would help or if some one in my area that knows these engines could help me diagnose the problem I would be so thankful of you want you can call/text me any time at 586-668-3133 my name is rj thanks again in in the sterling heights/Rochester hills area thanks again

Old 12-20-2014, 06:19 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
A bad HPOP hose can leak, that's probably what the PO meant when he said it needed replacing. "Flat broke" would imply you don't have the money for an HPOP hose, so you would need to verify the hose is leaking - and not the fitting on the head that the hose fits on.

You will need to get a light and maybe a mirror to look in the valley of the engine. About in the middle of the engine (front to back), you will see a hose going to the passenger side, and one to the driver side. Those two hoses are the HPOP hoses, and they handle very high pressure (in excess of 3000 PSI) - so you wouldn't consider anything less than a real HPOP hose. The fitting might leak, which would involve an O-ring replacement. riffraffdiesel.com is always my first click when I need parts for my truck.

You bought a "real" truck, not a car with a box in back. Once you buy 4 gallons of oil to fill the oil pan and install an oil filter the size of a coffee thermos - it will sink in. As I have recently learned, car mechanics frequently don't even know how to work on these rigs - because that much metallic machismo can overwhelm them. I say this only to emphasize that if you can't work on your own truck through guidance on the forum, and you can't afford a mechanic or the parts to keep the truck running, you will have problems in a short order.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:32 AM
HD Rider
Posting Guru
HD Rider is a name known to allHD Rider is a name known to allHD Rider is a name known to allHD Rider is a name known to allHD Rider is a name known to allHD Rider is a name known to all
Start with simple green and a garden hose and clean up all the oil in the valley. Then use white paper towels and a mirror to look for your leak. There are several places that can leak up there.

Let us know what you find and we will guide you thru the fix. If someone is close, maybe they will get together and get it worked out.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:37 AM
David7.3
Postmaster
David7.3 is a splendid one to beholdDavid7.3 is a splendid one to beholdDavid7.3 is a splendid one to beholdDavid7.3 is a splendid one to beholdDavid7.3 is a splendid one to beholdDavid7.3 is a splendid one to beholdDavid7.3 is a splendid one to behold
WOW bad break. Tugly said it all, a 100 dollar oil change just to start. thats why diesel techs make 6 figures a year, It is not easy work. Good luck.

Old 12-20-2014, 01:41 PM
rjkenney
New User
rjkenney is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks

I'm going to try the mirror and towels and check the hoses you guys said to I'm just flat broke because this time of year. I make good money but it's in the summer doing hardscape / landscaping but this is my second diesel and trust me I know i had a 6 leaker a couple years. And put a good 10k into the engine