Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

SuperNationals F100 Show

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
SuperNationals F100 Show

Haven't seen really any post related to Super Nationals; being held in Lebanon Tn, 2015 May 14-16. Just to let folks know....

Old 12-23-2014, 09:54 PM
martin72
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish they would leave this show a lone. I may be wrong but I think this is really going to hurt this show it was just starting to grow again and they move it.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:59 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
I agree; basically not the same since Pat Ford ran it; but with time everything changes.....

Old 12-30-2014, 04:17 PM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
I read on the F100 Supernationals site that Pigeon Forge didn't reup their permit to use the parking lot. Same thing sort of happened to the Smoky Mtn F100 Fun Run. Glad it's not back in Knoxville and I guess the Grand still isn't up and running. I plan on sending PF a piece of my mind after the New Year. Lebanon is closer to Memphis but I think I have to work that weekend. With Goodguys going on in Nashville that weekend it's going to be crowded.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:18 AM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
I'll not be making it, I can't make trips, my tank has yet to be cleaned out, so I have to fill up every 1/2 tank, and look forward to fuel filter swaps, something I will NOT be doing along the interstate. Not sure why it decided to move 200 miles west, puts it out of my reach.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:29 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by maples01
I'll not be making it, I can't make trips, my tank has yet to be cleaned out, so I have to fill up every 1/2 tank, and look forward to fuel filter swaps, something I will NOT be doing along the interstate. Not sure why it decided to move 200 miles west, puts it out of my reach.
The 'citizens' of Pigeon Forge have been on the rampage for the past 3 or 4 years about the car shows, especially the Rod Runs and Shades. Last year they were building a lot of new stores and Restaurants around that big parking lot. It seems that those folks were already complaining then about the traffic and not being able to use the lot. Candi from Classic Haulers told me that the folks running the new 'center' there where the vendors were set up were just down right nasty to all the vendors, complaining about everything and didn't want them back. Regarding the Grand, if and when it is ever reopened, rest assured it will NEVER host another car show. The plan for that place is to reduce the number of rooms by half with rates to start at about $500 a night per room.
I'm not crazy about Lebanon myself, but I'll expect to see a lot more car shows migrate that way over the next couple of years. The Redneck Rumble is expanding to two shows there this year.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:36 AM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
Yeah, there are many empty buildings due to businesses that went bankrupt, it's a tourist trap, I love it when they bitch and run tourist away, because they later blow city funds to hold council meetings to discuss what happened, wondering why they aren't collecting as much tax money. I can take you through all the abandoned outlet malls, yep, makes me sick everytime I see an area being developed, then there are so many abandoned ones close by!

Old 02-06-2015, 09:48 AM
Customcab
Postmaster
I agree with you Joe; my concern is Charlie & Rodney the two guys that have ran the F100 show since Pat sold it splitting as well? Rodney is the poc on the F100 show in Sept at Maggie Valley verses Charlie hosting the F100 in May in Lebanon. Love to make both show's if $$ supports my addiction.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:23 AM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Customcab
I agree with you Joe; my concern is Charlie & Rodney the two guys that have ran the F100 show since Pat sold it splitting as well? Rodney is the poc on the F100 show in Sept at Maggie Valley verses Charlie hosting the F100 in May in Lebanon. Love to make both show's if $$ supports my addiction.
Mitch, according to the info I have Charlie is in charge of the show and Rodney is in charge of the Vendors end of it. I used to like the show, but the last few years kind of turned me off, I'm hoping the move kind of gives some new energy. Of course, I'm planning to set up at the swap meet part this year with a few trucks and parts if my plans all go well.

Old 02-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
Looks like I am scheduled to work that weekend. The only times I've stayed at Lebanon was at the State Park. Usually on my way or back home from somewhere. I like the outlet mall there. Much better deals than PF. But I will have to use 24 to 32 hrs of PTO to make it, so.....

I would like to hear more about this Redneck Rumble.

Old 02-07-2015, 07:30 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I feel ya Glenn you ain't far from me.

BTW - what ever happened with that roller cam 302 you got from me? Did it go anywhere?

Old 02-07-2015, 07:41 PM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I feel ya Glenn you ain't far from me.

BTW - what ever happened with that roller cam 302 you got from me? Did it go anywhere?
It got stashed in the side of my shop with the plastic I brought it home from your place on it. The truck I was going to put it in left for Alabama about a year ago. Its sitting right beside the engine stand I bought for it.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Got some head bolts?

Put her up on the stand and at least do a tear down so you find if it needs anything. I was told it had twenny K on it, by now the oil is dried up in it.

Flip it up-down and pull the mains and rods, then do a retorque if it looks good.

*Just a nasty suggest: a Ranger or a Probe would fly with that in it. (and I bet a probe with a sound body would be cheap to come by. I like their aero profile)

If the barrels look good, new bearing it and resale if you want, but that's bound to have some nifty internals. See if it has forged rods at least - ID the rods and crank by the part numbers on them

Old 02-08-2015, 03:18 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Fifty4F100
It got stashed in the side of my shop with the plastic I brought it home from your place on it. The truck I was going to put it in left for Alabama about a year ago. Its sitting right beside the engine stand I bought for it.
Does that mean that you're in the market for another mid-fifty effie?

Old 02-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Fifty4F100
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by harleymsn
Does that mean that you're in the market for another mid-fifty effie?
Not quite there at the moment. I won't pass up a "deal of the century". There's a 55 mostly original in the Millington area, but he wants $6000 (http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/4787782224.html). If it had a late model V8 and changed to 12v I might consider it. I'll be in better shape for another truck in a few months. I hate that I missed an F500 in the Jackson area last year. It looked to be in good shape, but I really didn't have a good space for it.

Quick Reply: SuperNationals F100 Show