6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW

Old 10-22-2018, 10:09 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,940 Likes on 1,577 Posts
Howdy my Friends.........
29°F due to increase to 58°F.....

Staring on the south side of the house today...... The warm side

Photos tonight. !!

Old 10-22-2018, 10:33 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Logistics Pro
Received 2,171 Likes on 679 Posts
Great determination Roy getting all that work done!!

Old 10-22-2018, 10:39 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Paw's 150 Lariat
Great determination Roy getting all that work done!!
Thanks.....
There are times it takes a big kick in the butt to get me going. But, once I get started, I enjoy the work. Really feels good to see the results

Almost 40°F....... time to get my butt in gear....

Old 10-22-2018, 01:14 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Looking forward to some photos!!

Old 10-22-2018, 09:20 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by BBslider001
Looking forward to some photos!!
Me Too........
I got tied up with computer problems at church..... then pick up the kid at school..... chicken duties..... cook dinner......
Well, ya get the idea...... My day ended being eaten up with everything except what I really wanted to do.........
We'll see how tomorrow turns out. My good weather isn't going to last long......

Old 10-23-2018, 08:06 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Me Too........
I got tied up with computer problems at church..... then pick up the kid at school..... chicken duties..... cook dinner......
Well, ya get the idea...... My day ended being eaten up with everything except what I really wanted to do.........
We'll see how tomorrow turns out. My good weather isn't going to last long......
I am under the same gun Roy. I have been trying to get the new-to-us toyhauler cleaned up and other projects done before the cold cold weather hits. I did get it winterized first thing, so that part was done. K-Z must have had a really had a good group of engineers when they built this trailer. They designed everything easy to do maintenance-wise. Winterizing took all of 30 minutes. The rest has just been cleaning, replacing vent covers that were sun-rotted....that sort of thing. The rig is in fantastic shape, but it has needed the normal age related stuff replaced. I have also been cleaning it to my specifications, such as screens, windows, etc. I am enjoying it though. It is coming together nicely! I put LED taillights on it, but I am trying to decide if I want to do all of the running lights in LED as well. Not sure on that one yet. I did get all new lenses, so the lights are nice and bright. I also removed two of the bigger decals. They were black, so they were destroyed by the sun as well .I don't recommend it for the faint of heart. That was NOT an easy job. It looks just OK, but maybe I'll get some new ones made to cover the ghosting they left behind.
Anyhoo, house is looking great! No pressure on the pics!

Old 10-23-2018, 08:24 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,619 Likes on 2,728 Posts
I replaced most of the exterior lights on my toy hauler last year. I missed a few and skipped a couple others because I didn't have any orange ones. My decals are looking quite faded. I thought about pulling them off but then I thought the trailer would look very plan in just white. Something needs to be done but it's an aesthetic issue not a functional issue so I'm in no hurry. Hearing that it was not an easy job may tip me towards not worrying about it at all. I'm too cheap to pay someone to do it.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:32 AM
nitrogen
Cargo Master
Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts
I was involved in stripping decals off a couple hundred trucks that were bought out of bankruptcy. we found that the best,most efficient, fastest method was a high pressure power washer with a real tight focus nozzle. It will lift paint if it it isn't in good shape

Old 10-23-2018, 09:01 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 881 Likes on 320 Posts
I've successfully removed cracked decals with just a heat gun just to soften the adhesive. the problem with removing, and not replacing on a gelcoat fiberglass or aluminum sided RV is the area where the decal used to be is fresh, and really stands out like a sore thumb. I suspect that a full body paint RV wouldnt be a problem, but then again they typically dont have decals to begin with.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:14 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,619 Likes on 2,728 Posts
Originally Posted by nitrogen
I was involved in stripping decals off a couple hundred trucks that were bought out of bankruptcy. we found that the best,most efficient, fastest method was a high pressure power washer with a real tight focus nozzle. It will lift paint if it it isn't in good shape
If they came off as easy as the 4X4 sticker on the bed of the truck did then I would be all over it. With my luck, a pressure washer nozzle strong enough to take off the decal would take off the gel coat too.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:51 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by HRTKD
I replaced most of the exterior lights on my toy hauler last year. I missed a few and skipped a couple others because I didn't have any orange ones. My decals are looking quite faded. I thought about pulling them off but then I thought the trailer would look very plan in just white. Something needs to be done but it's an aesthetic issue not a functional issue so I'm in no hurry. Hearing that it was not an easy job may tip me towards not worrying about it at all. I'm too cheap to pay someone to do it.
A hair dryer helped tremendously the second time around. I bought some stuff called Graphix-X remover. These decals must have been to pof the line because all that tsuff did was take off the first layer. The best thing for me was a heat gun, plastic scraper, and then the Graphix-X to remove the glue.

Originally Posted by djousma
I've successfully removed cracked decals with just a heat gun just to soften the adhesive. the problem with removing, and not replacing on a gelcoat fiberglass or aluminum sided RV is the area where the decal used to be is fresh, and really stands out like a sore thumb. I suspect that a full body paint RV wouldnt be a problem, but then again they typically dont have decals to begin with.
I agree on both. The heat gun and the result is so-so. I guess I like the ghosting better than the cracked ugly decal. The others are ok, but the giant black ones were just terrible. Maybe look on the photos I posted and you can see how bad they were. They had shrunk to the point of cracking and looking like road maps LOL.

Old 10-23-2018, 01:17 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

There are graphics and plain decals available online.......
I don't have the links.....sorry.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:17 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
There are graphics and plain decals available online.......
I don't have the links.....sorry.
Thanks Roy! I have found a few and they are reasonable. I may have to just have them made.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:53 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 79 Likes on 15 Posts
Howdy Roy!!

Old 10-24-2018, 09:41 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by golfmedik
Howdy Roy!!
Good morning Monty...... I would love some of that oak that you are cutting up for firewood.....

This morning is a pretty day and a great work weather day...... Looking forward to accomplishing some work on the house.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW