6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,946 Likes on 1,580 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Roy,

I thought that you had your trailer in for an alignment in the past year. Is another alignment required after this work?

Bruce
The place I took it to said the alignment was right on.......
It wasn't, I corrected it myself.
I will check it myself soon.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:59 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by GIGGER
Well done Roy, that tire looks bald???
Hi Gerry......
I think the tire was out of focus......??

The tread on all 4 tires are OK..... even ware on all 4 and even across the width of the tire.

I believe I have this summer for sure left on this set of tires.........

Old 05-07-2018, 11:10 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Didn't get anything done on the Montana today........

I had to move the TV antenna and the Internet antenna....... They were mounted on a mast that was attached to the roof.......
Tomorrow the the job of stripping the roof and laying new shingles starts...... This is being contracted out...... Hail damage from last summer. Finally got State Farm on it. They are paying for it......minus my deductible.

Old 05-08-2018, 07:05 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 889 Likes on 322 Posts
Pretty ominous sky in the one photo roy. btw, dont fall off the roof....

Old 05-08-2018, 07:58 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Logistics Pro
Received 2,174 Likes on 680 Posts
Originally Posted by djousma
Pretty ominous sky in the one photo roy. btw, dont fall off the roof....
Roy finally got his raise!!

Old 05-08-2018, 08:10 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Logistics Pro
Received 2,174 Likes on 680 Posts
We got up to 91 degrees yesterday but humidity was low so it felt pretty good. Hope it doesn't stay like that until next week when we leave for our Texas trip. Mid to upper 80's is fine for me!

Old 05-08-2018, 08:53 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Howdy Dave and Don.........

We were supposed to get rained on........ Stayed north of us.

No falling off the roof......It would hurt too much........

Been busy getting ready for the roofers to start today......
Parts came in for my lawn mower...... That is fixed and running well...

I hope to be back on the Montana 5th wheel.......... Need to finish all the work soon.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Roy, maybe a funny question but your brakes aren't electric? Was talking to my son yesterday and he just broke one of his shackles on his 43 foot toy hauler. He was almost there when sparks under the trailer went on, wife following with boat, and then again when they were mile away. I told him about your fiasco and the new brake lines, he said he would of thought they would be electric. He has three axles, I have two axles and are's are electric. I guess I didn't know they had hydraulic brakes on 5th wheels any more. I thought only on surge brakes. Am I wrong, or are they something else? God bless,
Chet

Old 05-09-2018, 01:34 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Chet, Roy just converted from electric drum to electric over hydraulic disc.

On your son's shackles, does he have the HD ones or the standard? The standard are very thin for the lateral scrubbing forces of a triple axle. Have him look into the MorRyde HD shackles. They are a reasonably price upgrade and come with wet bolts and bronze bushings to boot.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:57 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Rodney, thank you, I'll tell him. He didn't bring the broken one home so I don't know what he has. He's been looking up HD one's but I told him he has to know what he has. You would think as long as his trailer is they would be the heavy duty ones but I guess not. Thank you.
How do electric over hydraulic work? Is there some kind of master cylinder that works electrically? I guess I've never seen it. My sons are disc but electric.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:17 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 889 Likes on 322 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
Rodney, thank you, I'll tell him. He didn't bring the broken one home so I don't know what he has. He's been looking up HD one's but I told him he has to know what he has. You would think as long as his trailer is they would be the heavy duty ones but I guess not. Thank you.
How do electric over hydraulic work? Is there some kind of master cylinder that works electrically? I guess I've never seen it. My sons are disc but electric.
Not sure I've ever seen disc brakes on a towable RV that werent EOH. If your son truely does have disc brakes, he has EOH as well. There is a EOH master cylinder usually located in the front compartment of the RV that is actuated by the tow vehicle brake line similar to standard Electric drum brakes, and it in turn activates the disc brakes via standard hydraulic brake lines. Disc brakes on anything but a higher-end RV are usually an add-on, non-standard item. I happened to have had them installed on my Cardinal.

Of course, you are posting in the correct thread, as Roy is about to become the latest crew for performancetrailerbraking.com How's that for a plug, Roy?

Old 05-09-2018, 02:27 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Chet, Dave summed it up. I had my triple axle toy hauler converted to EOHD brakes too when I had my independent suspension installed at MorRyde. Prior to that I had standard shackles that I converted to the HD. Many brands now come with the HD shackles but mine did not. To install them, you need longer bolts which is why the MorRyde kit comes with the longer wet bolts. Most rigs have cheap plastic bushings in the spring eyes which is why the kit comes with new bronze bushings. I have pics in my thread of what was left of my bushings. They looked like a vitamin caplet had broken open...

Old 05-09-2018, 02:42 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Howdy Guys........
Taking a quick break......
Good reading........ Chet, Almost all 5th wheels and Travel Trailers come with electric Drum brakes, as mine did.
The "Disc Brake Actuator" is mounted on the trailer. It takes an electrical input from the truck......telling it to apply the trailer brakes and how hard....... Then this actuator runs an electric hydraulic pump that applies the hyd pressure to the calipers of the disc brakes...... Trailer stops.

I am working on the Montana....... she is on all 4 wheels now...... underneath painting is done
Now the rear bumper will be painted and new Backup lights installed.......

The roofers have started today......

Old 05-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Thank you guys! I mentioned to him to check the brake lines when he goes back up. That's what kicked this off for me. I will relay the information and when I go up will check as well. Don't know when I'll be going up, my wife has some medical problems as well. This information is very helpful, I learned something new to me. God bless and thank you,
Chet

Old 05-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
now Roy is all this disc brake work gonna make it so you dont go in the ditch again? also what year is that 90s ford with the flatbed you got in the pictures. that things nice, is it a diesel?

Quick Reply: Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW