Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW - Page 631 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW

Old 10-10-2018, 04:33 PM
sky Cowboy
FTE Chapter Leader
sky Cowboy has a superb reputationsky Cowboy has a superb reputationsky Cowboy has a superb reputationsky Cowboy has a superb reputationsky Cowboy has a superb reputationsky Cowboy has a superb reputationsky Cowboy has a superb reputationsky Cowboy has a superb reputationsky Cowboy has a superb reputationsky Cowboy has a superb reputationsky Cowboy has a superb reputation
Awesome job Roy!!!

Old 10-10-2018, 05:13 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post
Wow, what a transformation! Looks great Roy!
I found a new career to get into..........

Old 10-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Thank You my friends..... I am very happy. Still a bunch to do, but I am on the downhill run.
I am enjoying this project.....it is a big one !

Old 10-11-2018, 01:16 AM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
It's looking great Roy! Rodney swears by a brush. I have heard other painters who swear by an airless sprayer (the kind that the suction sits in a 5 gallon bucket of paint and sprays at high pressure). They say that for porous material, it penetrates well and gives uniform coverage. The drawback is overspray. The last painting I did on an exterior wall was with a brush. It turned out nice, but was a lot like work! That was when I was selling my previous house after Jodi and I got married, and bought our current house together.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:03 AM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee View Post
It's looking great Roy! Rodney swears by a brush. I have heard other painters who swear by an airless sprayer (the kind that the suction sits in a 5 gallon bucket of paint and sprays at high pressure). They say that for porous material, it penetrates well and gives uniform coverage. The drawback is overspray. The last painting I did on an exterior wall was with a brush. It turned out nice, but was a lot like work! That was when I was selling my previous house after Jodi and I got married, and bought our current house together.
I would think the problem with a sprayer is too light a coat and windy conditions. It is windy here most of the time. I am sold on brush and roller.
Right now, no painting of any kind....
33°F and wet.

Old 10-12-2018, 01:31 AM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
Roy, I was talking about something like this that sprays at 3,000 psig. It really penetrates the texture and pores. Overspray would still be an issue - as I mentioned before though.
https://www.zoro.com/graco-airless-p...80/i/G4023559/

Old 10-12-2018, 09:43 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee View Post
Roy, I was talking about something like this that sprays at 3,000 psig. It really penetrates the texture and pores. Overspray would still be an issue - as I mentioned before though.
https://www.zoro.com/graco-airless-p...80/i/G4023559/
What concerns me about spraying is the coat isn't as heavy as with a brush and roller. Maybe many passes with a sprayer helps with that.

Here in Great Falls...... Spraying would coat the neighbor's house. Too windy most days for spraying.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:44 AM
Tim Young
Post Fiend
Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
We painted our house 21 years ago with brush and roller. It still looks pretty darn good other then some fading. We have talked about repainting next year.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:15 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Tim Young View Post
We painted our house 21 years ago with brush and roller. It still looks pretty darn good other then some fading. We have talked about repainting next year.
We will come out and camp for a month........

"Have paint brush Will Travel"

Old 10-13-2018, 01:18 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Friday the scaffolding came down...........

Friday 12 October 2018......

Still a few details to finish in the front......... Then I start on the back.
Next week is looking good ..... 50's and no rain.....

​​​​​​​

Old 10-13-2018, 01:22 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Today is now a good day for painting..........

Burrrrrrrr..........

Old 10-13-2018, 04:46 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
Glad you finished when you did Roy!

Its windy here today as we are stuck in between a high pressure cell to the east, and low pressure to the west. This would NOT be a good day to paint here at all - brush or spray. Using a brush or roller would have lots of dirt blown into the wet paint. A sprayer wouldn’t even make it 6” before the paint changed direction.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:01 AM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
Howdy Doug......

Today is going to be a great workday.......
Warming to the 50's......cloudy, but supposed to get more sun as the day progresses...... It is windy, not too bad.

A little slack time ...... about 1000 - 1100 should be a great time to shown up on the job......

Old 10-15-2018, 09:51 PM
Sailor_Roy
FTE Chapter Leader
I was a little late to work..... But the boss is a marshmallow.....

More accomplished on the house project.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:17 PM
Chad149
Deplorable
Chad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputationChad149 has a superb reputation
Is it just the back of the house that needs to be painted yet Roy?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: