Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW - Page 585 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW

Old 05-16-2018, 12:46 AM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Paw's 150 Lariat View Post
Good looking job Roy...I'm impressed with the work quality!!
Thanks Don.....
I do want this rig to be much better than Keystone/Montana made it......

I am putting foam insulation along the inside of the frame and the bubble/reflective insulation where I can't get the foam. Then I am going to put foam insulation across the entire bottom....
So far the insulation process is going well. It is slow......

Old 05-16-2018, 12:58 AM
HRTKD
Postmaster
HRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud of
Roy, I can sympathize with your insulation job. I insulated my exposed fresh water tank. That was a much larger job than I expected.

How are you going to secure the foam insulation? I tried using the foam glue and it wasn't very effective. Angle aluminum worked the best and I finished with a layer of sticky backed belly material (kind of like thin tape). I'm not too impressed with the belly material. The cost wasn't justified. I made judicious use of the Great Stuff expanding foam to fill in the gaps. It's going to suck if I ever have to remove all that insulation.

Old 05-16-2018, 01:00 AM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Photos of some insulation installing.......

Whatcha think of my BIG washers.......

Old 05-16-2018, 01:03 AM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
Roy, I can sympathize with your insulation job. I insulated my exposed fresh water tank. That was a much larger job than I expected.

How are you going to secure the foam insulation? I tried using the foam glue and it wasn't very effective. Angle aluminum worked the best and I finished with a layer of sticky backed belly material (kind of like thin tape). I'm not too impressed with the belly material. The cost wasn't justified. I made judicious use of the Great Stuff expanding foam to fill in the gaps. It's going to suck if I ever have to remove all that insulation.
I used a BIG washer and a self-tapping screw into the frame....... (Food can lid)

Old 05-16-2018, 01:05 AM
892504x4
FTE Chapter Leader
892504x4 has much to be proud of892504x4 has much to be proud of892504x4 has much to be proud of892504x4 has much to be proud of892504x4 has much to be proud of892504x4 has much to be proud of892504x4 has much to be proud of892504x4 has much to be proud of892504x4 has much to be proud of892504x4 has much to be proud of
Roy and family are going to be eating a lot of soup!

Old 05-16-2018, 01:09 AM
HRTKD
Postmaster
HRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud ofHRTKD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 892504x4 View Post
Roy and family are going to be eating a lot of soup!
Or beans. Good thing he isn't going to the G2G.

Roy, in a few cases I did about the same thing to support the foam. I cut 2" wide aluminum bar into 5" long sections and that was my "washer". Why are you putting foam insulation in the frame channel?

Old 05-16-2018, 01:20 AM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
Or beans. Good thing he isn't going to the G2G.

Roy, in a few cases I did about the same thing to support the foam. I cut 2" wide aluminum bar into 5" long sections and that was my "washer". Why are you putting foam insulation in the frame channel?
The factory design is to heat the entire underbelly......... They put the reflective bubble wrap all across the bottom of the trailer from frame bottom to frame bottom....... But, no insulation up against the steel frame so the cold can transfer into the heated space pretty easy....... By insulating the inside of the frames and plugging a bunch of holes, the under belly space will retain heat much much better....

Old 05-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
No progress today...…..

Got the front and back lawns mowed before running out of steam...….. I am the new sicky in the house.
Tomorrow is supposed to rain all day...…. Already started. Saturday #5 just may be a Nap day.....

Old 05-17-2018, 09:40 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Iowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputation
Take a nap for me Roy !
I have a date with the sprayer tractor.
Hot today and nice out tonight.
Hope you get well soon !

Old 05-17-2018, 09:40 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Iowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputation
Oh yeah, mowed for the 3 rd time today.....

Old 05-17-2018, 10:24 PM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Originally Posted by Iowa Ford View Post
Oh yeah, mowed for the 3 rd time today.....
Today was the 2nd time..... Good night Tim

Old 05-19-2018, 02:36 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
Hmmm. Two days with no updates?

Old 05-19-2018, 03:57 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Creeping crud must be taking it's toll on Roybo.

Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
Well that's no bueno.

Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Rain Friday all day.... and most of Saturday kept me idle. Did get a little done Saturday during a break in the weather...….
A Mast mounted for my weather station sensors...…..

And the 1997 F-250 HD 7.3PSD truck of my friend, Eric.

Today after Church...….hope to get more done on the Montana...……

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: