4.9 EFI Vacuum Lines Photos - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

4.9 EFI Vacuum Lines Photos

  #1  
Old 11-21-2014, 06:39 PM
HEpTJJ's Avatar
HEpTJJ
HEpTJJ is offline
New User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
HEpTJJ is starting off with a positive reputation.
4.9 EFI Vacuum Lines Photos

I'd appreciate any photos of the vacuum tubes on a ~1992 4.9, particularly those around the passenger-side vacuum tree. I am trying to figure out where each port on the tree ends up as simply as possible and the underhood sticker isn't cutting it.

I plan to replace the lines, some of which have been mis-routed after a recent head gasket replacement, while most others are in various states of decay. I plan to go with rubber.

Also, do any of you know the correct diameter? I've read either 5/32 and 5/16. I plan to buy 25'. Let me know if you've tried this and needed more.

Thanks in advance.
 
  #2  
Old 11-22-2014, 11:11 PM
xrsfsho
xrsfsho is offline
Senior User
Join Date: May 2014
Location: san jose
Posts: 477
xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.
Im about to lay the kids down for the night. I can take pictures and email them to you. As well as the size i just swapped everything and have that for you in the tommorrow
 
  #3  
Old 11-23-2014, 09:50 AM
xrsfsho
xrsfsho is offline
Senior User
Join Date: May 2014
Location: san jose
Posts: 477
xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.
The house is 5/32 you need 30 feet of it








 
  #4  
Old 11-23-2014, 06:18 PM
HEpTJJ's Avatar
HEpTJJ
HEpTJJ is offline
New User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
HEpTJJ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the images, xrsfsho, particularly those which show the bundle following the AC line over to the driver side of the engine. This route seems much easier to inspect than running the hoses behind the head.

I ended up using just under 30'.

Thanks again.
 
  #5  
Old 11-23-2014, 06:25 PM
xrsfsho
xrsfsho is offline
Senior User
Join Date: May 2014
Location: san jose
Posts: 477
xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by HEpTJJ View Post
Thanks for the images, xrsfsho, particularly those which show the bundle following the AC line over to the driver side of the engine. This route seems much easier to inspect than running the hoses behind the head.

I ended up using just under 30'.

Thanks again.
^^ no worries brother. Hope everything works out. Make sure that for all the sensors on the driver side have the vacuum lines attached to lower nipple. The line coming from the sensors to the other part of the vehicle attaches to the top nipple
 
  #6  
Old 12-27-2014, 06:48 PM
dickiefrank's Avatar
dickiefrank
dickiefrank is offline
Freshman User
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 45
dickiefrank is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good evening. I'm in a bit of the same situation as the other guy. Your pictures almost brought me to a solution. My problem is with the passenger side area by the battery. in the second picture there is one part that is near the HVAC "coffee can" that has the flex hose but my flex hose goes nowhere. Is there a part missing or does it just go to nowhere? If there is a part missing, can you provide me with the name? Also, the second picture shows a part that looks like a valve that seems to go to the heater stuff. My concern is the little valve looking assembly up in the corner that has a red wire on yours. Mine has a black hose of some sort. Is it an electrical connection or a hose? I don't know if it makes much/any difference but my truck is a 1993 F-150...same as yours with the 4.9 EFI and mine is a 2wd standard cab with AC. Thanks for your help.
Rich
 
  #7  
Old 12-27-2014, 07:59 PM
xrsfsho
xrsfsho is offline
Senior User
Join Date: May 2014
Location: san jose
Posts: 477
xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by dickiefrank View Post
Good evening. I'm in a bit of the same situation as the other guy. Your pictures almost brought me to a solution. My problem is with the passenger side area by the battery. in the second picture there is one part that is near the HVAC "coffee can" that has the flex hose but my flex hose goes nowhere. Is there a part missing or does it just go to nowhere? If there is a part missing, can you provide me with the name? Also, the second picture shows a part that looks like a valve that seems to go to the heater stuff. My concern is the little valve looking assembly up in the corner that has a red wire on yours. Mine has a black hose of some sort. Is it an electrical connection or a hose? I don't know if it makes much/any difference but my truck is a 1993 F-150...same as yours with the 4.9 EFI and mine is a 2wd standard cab with AC. Thanks for your help.
Rich
^^that flex hose doesn't go anywhere. You are fine. The red line is electrical if i remember correctly. If it wasn't i would have replaced it i hope.
 
  #8  
Old 12-27-2014, 08:59 PM
dickiefrank's Avatar
dickiefrank
dickiefrank is offline
Freshman User
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 45
dickiefrank is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by xrsfsho View Post
^^that flex hose doesn't go anywhere. You are fine. The red line is electrical if i remember correctly. If it wasn't i would have replaced it i hope.

So the hose that goes to nowhere is supposed to go to...nowhere...it figures huh...just what I need to confuse and frustrate me...lol...that red line did look electrical as I noticed, after looking more closely, that it goes into part of a wiring harness...so now the mystery becomes (where is the connecting wire"...thanks for the reply and Happy New Year.
 
  #9  
Old 08-19-2016, 06:23 PM
seanseamus1
seanseamus1 is offline
New User
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19
seanseamus1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I spoke to soon. Went to this site after my e-mail and see now the photos. I'll have to send you some pictures of the plug I can't find a place for. In the meantime I need to replace the pipe that comes from the exhaust and goes to the intake(forget the name of it right off) since I had to cut it off to get the intake off to replace the fuel injectors. Health dictates when I can do this! Will try for the photos soon. Thanks, Sean
 
  #10  
Old 08-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Davenport
Davenport is offline
New User
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
Davenport is starting off with a positive reputation.
93 4x4 ford f150 xl 300 inline 6 cylinder

I have a 93 4x4 f150 xl I was wandering if someone can tell me the firing order for the plugs and wires
 
  #11  
Old 08-14-2017, 08:49 AM
The Frenchtown Flyer's Avatar
The Frenchtown Flyer
The Frenchtown Flyer is online now
Posting Guru
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,086
The Frenchtown Flyer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
153624, starting from the front.
 
  #12  
Old 10-18-2017, 12:59 PM
TENNC006's Avatar
TENNC006
TENNC006 is offline
New User
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Disneyworld
Posts: 20
TENNC006 is starting off with a positive reputation.
These pics are missing one connection I need shown below. You might notice a few other lines missing, all PO's doing but I'm working on it.
 
Attached Images  
  #13  
Old 10-18-2017, 01:06 PM
xrsfsho
xrsfsho is offline
Senior User
Join Date: May 2014
Location: san jose
Posts: 477
xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.xrsfsho has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by TENNC006 View Post
These pics are missing one connection I need shown below. You might notice a few other lines missing, all PO's doing but I'm working on it.
I don't own the truck anymore but I believe those hose goes to the vacuum box near the radiator. not the coffee can thing.
 
  #14  
Old 12-25-2017, 12:09 AM
MilePostZero
MilePostZero is offline
New User
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Central Washington State
Posts: 16
MilePostZero is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey TENNC006:
Did you find where that purge canister line connected?
Also, are you working on your vacuum lines?
If so, like other posters, I think it is a good idea to replace the plastic vacuum lines with rubber.
I just finished replacing my emissions vacuum lines, if you need a pointer or two.
MilePostZero
 
  #15  
Old 12-26-2017, 08:47 PM
TENNC006's Avatar
TENNC006
TENNC006 is offline
New User
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Disneyworld
Posts: 20
TENNC006 is starting off with a positive reputation.
At some point yes I plan to replace them all. I think I found that it went on a cooling system that sits in front of the radiator which is not hooked up?

My life revolves around aquarium work so I have a ton of clear rubber airline in a variety of sizes meant for ambient temp aquariums... think that would survive under the hood? I already made a cap out of a piece for an unused port on the vacuum tree which has survived a while.

Thanks
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4.9 EFI Vacuum Lines Photos


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.