Newbie with seat cover question 51 F1 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Newbie with seat cover question 51 F1

Old 11-06-2014, 09:06 AM
ssg1957
Junior User
ssg1957 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Newbie with seat cover question 51 F1

Greetings from Texas!

I've been in the old car hobby for many years, but recently purchased "Gus d Trux" which is a 1951 F1 with the flathead V8, 5 Star Cab. For now it will be a daily driver with all the dents and dings. It is quite a attention getter just the way it is. My first major repair was to rebuild the steering gearbox and wow what a different it made.

My question for now is....has anyone used the saddle blanket seat covers advertised on ebay with success? If so, how is the fit?

Here is a link of the same covers on Amazon
Amazon.com: OxGord Saddle Blanket Full Size Truck Bench Seat Cover for Ford, Chevy, GMC, and Dodge Trucks, Red: Automotive Amazon.com: OxGord Saddle Blanket Full Size Truck Bench Seat Cover for Ford, Chevy, GMC, and Dodge Trucks, Red: Automotive

My current upholstery is like new, but my best friend (4 legged) is always riding with me and I would like something to protect the vinyl from claw marks. Right now I'm using a moving quilt for protection.

Thanks,
Scott in Texas

Old 11-06-2014, 09:14 AM
FortyNiner
Postmaster
FortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud of
Welcome Scott! If you've lurked for more than 10 minutes, you know that pics are essential for everyone's enjoyment.

Can't speak to the durability of the saddle blanket covers. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with experience.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:18 AM
ssg1957
Junior User
ssg1957 is starting off with a positive reputation.
DW

I tried to post some photos but I guess since I am new and don't have many posts under my belt it can not post photos.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:32 AM
FortyNiner
Postmaster
FortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud of
Everybody gets to post pics: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ure-guide.html

If you are using the mobile app, you can't readily load pics unless you select the 'View Full Site' button and then the above instructions can be used.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:39 AM
EffieTrucker
Kentucky Chapter Member
EffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud of
We had a '79 F-100 Ranger XLT with an aftermarket saddle blanket seat cover. I don't know it was the same brand you're looking at, probably not, but it held up really well for about 10 years. We abused the crap out of it too. The '79 seat was bigger than your '51, so I'm not sure about the fit, but it fit the '79 well and stayed in place.

Originally Posted by FortyNiner View Post
If you are using the mobile app, you can't readily load pics unless you select the 'View Full Site'
Actually, you can. At least with an iPhone.

When in the "New Reply" screen, select the "+" option next to the "Send" at the top. This opens the "Advanced Controls" dialog screen where you can attach pictures and links. It even has an option to take a picture.

Attached Images   
Old 11-06-2014, 11:38 AM
FortyNiner
Postmaster
Fair enought on the iPhone functionality. The great unwashed using Android devices don't have that option.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:56 AM
EffieTrucker
Kentucky Chapter Member
EffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud ofEffieTrucker has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FortyNiner View Post
Fair enought on the iPhone functionality. The great unwashed using Android devices don't have that option.
I didn't know that. I assumed the IB app would be the same on every platform.

I had a Blackberry for a long time. They (boss) gave me a 'droid to try for a week but the carrier didn't have good coverage here. (Rural) They decided on the iPhones.

As much as I like the features of a cell/smart phone, it's still just an electronic ball and chain. One of the reasons I like to canoe in Northern Minnesota is the cell coverage ends and the edge of the Boundary Waters.

Sorry for the hijack, SSG. We now return you to the regularly scheduled topic.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:39 PM
oldmerc
oldmerc
oldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to alloldmerc is a name known to all
We put one in the 49Merc and we think its fine , i've had a number of them over th years in company trucks and they are extremely durable .