Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShaneNP123 PM sent.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:09 PM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ShaneNP123
I have a pair of green door panels in next to immaculate condition, shipping from Canada would be hard on the wallet though
Reps to a fellow Canadian for upholding the true nature of friendliness everyone expects from us. Where are you from, eh? lol

Originally Posted by BKSMN
I'm back at school now so this will be my last update for a while since I won't be home to work on my truck.

Another College build! Fantastic start to your build man. Subscribed.

I've got my own College build thread, but it's been vacant as of the last 2ish years. Finished my degree in Civil Engineering at the University of Saskatchewan (you might have to look that up to know where that is lol), and now I'm on to degree #2 . School sure takes time away from my build .

Glad to see more future engineers on this forum tho!

Keep it up!

Old 01-13-2015, 01:52 PM
BKSMN
Senior User
Originally Posted by Aaron-71

I've got my own College build thread, but it's been vacant as of the last 2ish years. Finished my degree in Civil Engineering at the University of Saskatchewan (you might have to look that up to know where that is lol), and now I'm on to degree #2 . School sure takes time away from my build .

Keep it up!
Thanks for the support I'll have to take a look at your build.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:32 PM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Thanks for the support I'll have to take a look at your build.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ld-thread.html

Its come a long long way in the 5 years I've owned it, considering I used 2 garage stalls at my dads for 3 summers (periodically on evenings and weekends).

Total of 5 years and wish I had more done on it... But, I'm not giving up hope yet!

Old 01-13-2015, 05:13 PM
BKSMN
Senior User
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ld-thread.html

Its come a long long way in the 5 years I've owned it, considering I used 2 garage stalls at my dads for 3 summers (periodically on evenings and weekends).

Total of 5 years and wish I had more done on it... But, I'm not giving up hope yet!
Turns out I've read through your build before. Looks good, keep working. The end result will be fantastic!

Old 01-13-2015, 06:54 PM
ShaneNP123
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Reps to a fellow Canadian for upholding the true nature of friendliness everyone expects from us. Where are you from, eh? lol

Keep it up!

Southern NB here. Been at my rebuild for about 18 months now, but things have gotten really slow on it, almost to a standstill, but I pick away at it when I can. Also using my fathers garage.

When I'm working 50 hours a week, renovating my house, and have a baby due in a few weeks, It's hard to justify spending money on my projects.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:15 PM
ShaneNP123
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
You can see one door panel on page 8 of my build thread. It is still dirty in the pic, I cleaned up the passenger side panel and it came out great, even the armrest pad looks very good. I bought the doors and these panels were on them, I have no other green interior pieces so they are not really any use to me. The guy I bought the doors from had told me they had been hanging up in his garage since '91.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...f-100-a-8.html

Old 01-13-2015, 08:42 PM
BKSMN
Senior User
You can see one door panel on page 8 of my build thread. It is still dirty in the pic, I cleaned up the passenger side panel and it came out great, even the armrest pad looks very good. I bought the doors and these panels were on them, I have no other green interior pieces so they are not really any use to me. The guy I bought the doors from had told me they had been hanging up in his garage since '91.

That panel looks great! I sure would be impressed/excited if the drivers side looks that good too

Nice build btw, looks great!

Old 01-14-2015, 09:45 AM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Turns out I've read through your build before. Looks good, keep working. The end result will be fantastic!
Thanks for the encouragement. I really need to get back at my truck after being away from it for so dang long, but these Canadian summers are simply too short for me. But I guess I'll stop making excuses and get back at er soon!

Just read through your build thread. Looks like a monster of a project, but you do some very fine work my Canadian friend! Glad to see you were able to revive a dentside. You're much further ahead on your build than I am.

Great looking truck tho.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:28 PM
BKSMN
Senior User
I've been looking around for a replacement window latch for my rear sliding window. I haven't found any replacements and the originals seem to be junk in the first place. So I decided I'd design my own. Here's the 3D model that I just finished up.

I still need to place the screw holes in the pieces that mount to the window frame but I'm thinking that this will hold up a lot better than the originals did with their bending plastic hinge design.

I plan to print this out with a 3D printer within the next week or so.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:22 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,283 Likes on 2,439 Posts
That is a way cool idea, make sure to keep us posted on the outcome. Till them to lock the window just get a piece of round stock steel about the diameter of a #2 pencil.

Put a 90 to 95 bend on one end with a 1" left over and then cut to the correct length the other end and drop in the groove/trac at the bottom of the window.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:48 AM
BKSMN
Senior User
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
That is a way cool idea, make sure to keep us posted on the outcome. Till them to lock the window just get a piece of round stock steel about the diameter of a #2 pencil.

Put a 90 to 95 bend on one end with a 1" left over and then cut to the correct length the other end and drop in the groove/trac at the bottom of the window.
Thanks! I'll post pictures of the print and install when that gets done. It's fine being unlocked for now since the truck is locked in the shop

Old 01-30-2015, 04:34 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What kind of 3D printer are you using?

Old 01-30-2015, 05:24 PM
BKSMN
Senior User
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
What kind of 3D printer are you using?
The library at my school has 4 Makerbot Replicator 2's that we can use for $3 per hour

Old 02-02-2015, 02:23 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's cool that you access to such things!

Quick Reply: 1979 F150 4x4 Build (pics)