Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products
Reload this Page >

Poweraid's Throttle Body Spacer

Notices

Old 07-16-2003, 09:04 AM
TripleCorpseHammerblow
Freshman User
TripleCorpseHammerblow is starting off with a positive reputation.

I have an 1989 Ford Bronco EFI and one of the mods I've been thinking about is a Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer. The website says that it doesn't work with some aftermarket intake kits (of course), I was wondering if any of you knew what it wasn't compatabile with.. Decided on a K&N fipk (read the K&N thread and still decided to give it a shot), but obviously need to know if they will play with each other or not. If not, information on other throttle body/intake system combo options would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-16-2003, 11:15 AM
dtpatt2
Elder User
dtpatt2 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Doesn't the spacer go between the intake and the throttle body? Shouldn't affect the FIPK. I got an FIPK on my truck, I was thinking about getting a TBS, but I've heard they don't do anything. If you do decide to do it, let us know if you think it helped...What engine do you have?

Old 07-17-2003, 08:41 AM
TripleCorpseHammerblow
Freshman User
TripleCorpseHammerblow is starting off with a positive reputation.

Yeah, attaches right to the throttle body. I wouldn't expect it to be incompatible either.. But I read somewhere (can't remember where the hell it was) that Poweraid's spacer didn't work with K&N's intake. It might be just so they can get you to buy THEIR intake system, but Airaid (same as Poweraid) doesn't make one for my model on account of it being an older truck, there one of those outfits that just make products for the new stuff (except apparently throttle body spacers), or I'd consider it.

Maybe I'll just get a performance throttle body instead..

I have a 302 as well.

Old 07-17-2003, 01:16 PM
mpmitche
Freshman User
mpmitche is starting off with a positive reputation.

Originally posted by TripleCorpseHammerblow
I have an 1989 Ford Bronco EFI and one of the mods I've been thinking about is a Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer. The website says that it doesn't work with some aftermarket intake kits (of course), I was wondering if any of you knew what it wasn't compatabile with.. Decided on a K&N fipk (read the K&N thread and still decided to give it a shot), but obviously need to know if they will play with each other or not. If not, information on other throttle body/intake system combo options would be greatly appreciated.

Where is this k&n thread i would be interested in it and can't find it with a search

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.