2011 F350/Issues..Turbo/Smells/Shutter/Death Wobble/Transmission/…with VIDEO!! - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

2011 F350/Issues..Turbo/Smells/Shutter/Death Wobble/Transmission/…with VIDEO!!

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 F350/Issues..Turbo/Smells/Shutter/Death Wobble/Transmission/…with VIDEO!!

Old 06-19-2015, 01:06 AM
jcm34
New User
jcm34 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine is a 2004 F250 6.0, has the same violent shaking being referred to here in the same speed range. I engaged the tow/haul mode and problem went away leading me to believe it was transmission related. Tired of all the guessing games by mechanics.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:23 PM
Sonic8047
New User
Sonic8047 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Big-Sarge View Post
Well you all may have remembered me from such posts as “Rear sway bar install on a F350 with 20” wheels!” https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1070522-rear-sway-bar-install-on-a-f350-with-20-wheels-pictures.html and “Bilstein 5100 Shock install with VIDEO!!!” https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1107967-bilstein-5100-shock-install-with-video.html

My truck:2011 F350, Short Bed,6.7L diesel, 18,800 miles, Built in early Oct 2010.

I have been quiet and lurking on the Forum as I was dealing with a ton of warranty issues with my truck. I think I have worked through most of them, and wanted to pass on my experiences to help you all get your trucks fixed correctly.

A.Transmission“Shift” Flare – Many people have experienced different shifting issues withtheir 2011-2012 F-350/250s. Mine was having a problem deciding on shifting from 2<sup>nd</sup>to 3<sup>rd</sup> and 4<sup>th</sup> to 5<sup>th</sup> gear when going slow. I work on a military installation, so I HAVE to drive fairly slow(Under 40 mph) most of the time, so it’s a glaring issue for me.

Fixes tried:

Reprogrammed Power Train Module (PCM) TSB 11-8-24 (No change/Not fixed)

1. Installed new solenoids in transmission TSB 11-7-10 (No change/Not fixed)

2. Replaced Torque Converter assembly with new flywheel (90 Percent/Fixed, still not perfect, but livable)

B. DeathWobble:

Fixes tried:

1. Replaced looseTrac-barball joint and bushing (90 percent better)

C.Exhaust smell in cab of truck during Regen (While backing up)

Fixes tried:

1. I performed TSB11-6-22 and reconnected the Exhaust Pressure Sensor Tube myself. It was completely OFF!! I need to thank “Fat Tire” for posting a picture of his tube, and how to fix it. If anyone knows him, please pass this on to him! I owe him!<o></o

D. Turboflutter/TruckShutters (DURING REGEN) – While I am cruising between 50-60 mph during an exhaust regeneration going up a slight incline the truck shutters/clattersasif it’s misfiring.

Fixes tried:

1. Reprogrammed PowerTrain Module (PCM) TSB 11-8-24 (No change/Not fixed)

2. Replaced all the exhaust valves on the driver’s cylinder head. TSB 13-5-17 (Fixed) Note:This procedure entails removing the cab off the chassis, so make sure the mechanic who performs the work has done it before, and is good. I asked the question and spoke to the mechanic beforehand.

E. Turboflutter/Truck Shutters (NOT DURING REGEN) – While I am cruising between 50-60 mph up a slight incline the truck shutters as if its misfiring (STILL). See VIDEO (Watch the boost gauge bounce/flutter)

20141002 142946 - YouTube

Fixes tried:

1. Reprogrammed PowerTrain Module (PCM) TSB 13-4-3 (No change/Not fixed)

2.A. The Ford Mechanic rode in my truck with his laptop was plugged into the truck’s diagnostic plug, and data logged the truck shuttering. He said “Bad turbo” immediately.

2.B. Replaced entire turbo assembly (TSB 11-12-14) (Still testing, just got the truck back)

VERY IMPORTANT: Problem C and D were happening at the same time, so when I got one fixed, I had to figure out that I still had a new problem and they were NOT related! This is probably driving people crazy!

Conclusion: So there you have it, my main issues over the past 3 years. If it wasn’t for the amazing people on this forum, and a local Ford dealership (Ed Kenley Ford, Layton, Utah) that was willing to perform work on my truck based on the TSB info I bought them, I would have been driving a different brand truck long ago.It’s hard for a dealership to figure out what is wrong with a truck if the computer NEVER shows an error code or displays a CEL. Mine NEVER did. So again, Ed Kenley Ford was amazing! Are my problems over, probably not, but the truck keeps getting better!

If you have questions, please let me know, but be patient on my response. Again, I work on a military installation and can’t log into the forum for some damn reason!! So, my responses will be at night or on the weekend.

sarge my truck is doing the exact same thing up incline 5th to 6th at times sounds like a squeaking while shuddering sounds exactly like tour video what was the issue and what was done to fix this it drives me nuts absolutely nuts and the dealership is telling me it is normal thanks