F Trucks you have owned - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

F Trucks you have owned

Old 09-27-2014, 12:54 AM
Senior User

Patchy 73 has a very good reputation on FTE.Patchy 73 has a very good reputation on FTE.Patchy 73 has a very good reputation on FTE.
F Trucks you have owned

Hi All,
Being an F Truck owner for 30 years,I thought starting a thread of F Trucks you have owned
(or any other vehicles you have owned and enjoyed)
I was digging through my old photo albums
Found a few photos of all the F Trucks i've owned,Pity digital wasn't around then i proberly would have more photos

This where it started 72 model, 6 cylinder pretty gutless but you got to start somewhere

1st of the V8's,This was a great truck I was getting 22mpg on the open road,Rust ended up killing this one

1st 4X4,This one was awesome, It went anywhere, The best of the bunch
This truck is still in Cairns, She is now abandon outside someone's house
full of rust

The 82 model was not my cup of tea, Wasn't built as sturdy as the older models, Fire wall rusted out not good truck all round, Sorry Ross

This is far the best,1st car I've owned with a back seat

Cheers,
Patchy
Old 09-27-2014, 01:15 AM
Posting Guru

Blue7.3 has a great reputation on FTE.Blue7.3 has a great reputation on FTE.Blue7.3 has a great reputation on FTE.Blue7.3 has a great reputation on FTE.Blue7.3 has a great reputation on FTE.
I've only had the two , and both have been good .

90 model this one was 5.8 ltr 5 speed , good truck ended up on LPG and fuel , served me good.

This one is current .

I've had a bunch of others, but they have the wrong badge on them.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
Nice photos. Cool XR Patchy! (250?)

I've only had 2 as well.
7.3 Super Cab, with ZF-6 SRW F350, after doing a little "circle work" in Mount St Helens national park.
Miss the truck greatly, took me all over the US/Canada/Mexico with no dramas.

Current truck (photo from Alaska), which is sitting in about 500 pieces at the moment going thru a RHD conversion. Its already done 20k miles touring around the US/Canada in my hands (61k miles total). I like it a lot, but don't love it like the 7.3.

The other one I've got which kinda counts here I suppose is this, which is still waiting patiently for me back in Oz:
Not a bad little bus, but clearly not an F-Truck. Useful for when going off-road and I'm worried I might break something though.

(the thing in the front!)
Old 09-29-2014, 05:10 AM
Senior User

Patchy 73 has a very good reputation on FTE.Patchy 73 has a very good reputation on FTE.Patchy 73 has a very good reputation on FTE.
She was a 350, Great bike

Cheers,
Patchy
Old 10-01-2014, 06:36 AM
Elder User

Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.
I've just got the one. Only ever had the one. Would love more but the BOSS says I am not allowed any more than one toy. Hmmm.

Yep, she is a work in progress. Ignore the mismatched wheels. Long story but she's going in for a jag front end swap and the front end in it currently is a mustang II, rear end is GM 10 bolt that is why the wheels are odd. Told you it was a long story!<br/>
Old 10-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Posting Guru

Blue7.3 has a great reputation on FTE.Blue7.3 has a great reputation on FTE.Blue7.3 has a great reputation on FTE.Blue7.3 has a great reputation on FTE.Blue7.3 has a great reputation on FTE.
Nice work Peter , that's one of the trucks that where made of all steel , she's a good looking project. What motor and trans do you have fitted?
Old 10-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Elder User

Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.Bluey Zedoff has a great reputation on FTE.
She came with a 327 Chevy in her already and a t350 auto. 10 bolt GM diff and Cadillac seat. At least the thermatic fan is from a Ford, LOL! That is, a Falcon!
I'm keeping the Chevy in there at least until it dies on me or I come across a Ford donk in my travels. Had it for about 18 months now. Realistically, a few months yet before she is on the road. Cheers mate.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Senior User

A mate of mine had a 63 model and he stuffed a 460 in his
The truck was a weapon

Cheers,
Patchy
Old 10-03-2014, 08:15 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.
One and only F truck, owned 4 and a half years. Good view of the light upgrades that I have already undertaken includng the '05 Harley headlights which unfortunately ended up being only a facelift item rather than a lighting upgrade:
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Senior User

Aussie BrianB has a good reputation on FTE.Aussie BrianB has a good reputation on FTE.

My first, and hopefully last, Effy. I need it to outlast me.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Posting Guru

Brian i always make a rule of backing into parking spots like that , I've been boxed in a couple of time and with the limited steering lock it makes for an easier exit.
By the way nice truck.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSimon View Post
One and only F truck, owned 4 and a half years. Good view of the light upgrades that I have already undertaken includng the '05 Harley headlights which unfortunately ended up being only a facelift item rather than a lighting upgrade:
Can't see that Red boot Simon.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:17 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a great reputation on FTE.
RED boot is on now and will be in any photos taken from now on.

Everyone, great pics! I love the old and the new trucks here - keep 'em coming! Some great looking trucks!

Here's a group of F250s at the Shannon car show in March 2011:
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Senior User

4x4falcon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy 73 View Post
Hi All,
The 82 model was not my cup of tea, Wasn't built as sturdy as the older models, Fire wall rusted out not good truck all round, Sorry Ross
Firewall was first thing I looked at when we bought Effii in 2005.

Only a very small amount of rust above the steering column reinforcement plate. Now fixed.

Our one and only, you've all seen her but here she is again:

Outside the Lions Den Hotel.

Part of the rebuild was to upgrade items that we found to be less than ideal.

Seats, now ZK Fairlane buckets, replaced the original bench seat. Would like an air ride but could not find one low enough.

Front suspension, now Tuff Country lift with Rancho RS9000 adjustable shocks.

Rear springs, now F350 also with Rancho RS9000 adjustable shocks, this is probably the best upgrade as you can change the shocks for loaded or unloaded and on a tray top makes a lot of difference.

Yes a 1970's or earlier would be nice as a toy.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Posting Guru

Steering stabilizer has a boot:
Attached Images