Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

An interesting you tube from powerstroke help

Notices
6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Old 09-23-2014, 08:02 PM
StanleyZ
Postmaster
StanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to behold

Bill Hewitt has a new video out on the 6.4L. He is commenting on a truck that had a rebuild out west somewhere. In doing the rebuild the mechanic called Power stroke for advice and his rebuilt heads. Not too much later the truck blew the engine again and the owner called Power stroke and asked them to fix it. The truck was in Virginia I think, and Hewitt had it towed to ATL. (Buford) I don't want to spoil the surprise so I won't tell you here what they found but it is an example of why you want to make sure whoever works on your 6.4L knows what they are doing.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:18 AM
73fan
Elder User
73fan has a good reputation on FTE.73fan has a good reputation on FTE.
So maybe you could give us a link?

Sent from Nexus 4. IB AutoGroup

Old 09-24-2014, 07:13 PM
jforhan
New User
jforhan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:26 PM
slowmans
Postmaster
slowmans has a good reputation on FTE.slowmans has a good reputation on FTE.
Wow........

Old 09-25-2014, 11:43 AM
vloney
Postmaster
vloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant future
Hmmmm, not knowing what he's doing? The pistons in his video were #2 and #8. He had #2 out of it, NOT #1.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:34 PM
StanleyZ
Postmaster
StanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to behold
Really? The front driver side is number 2? I guess I'm really getting old cause I thought the front drivers side was number 1. That explains why I never got my 54 Ford started. I'm getting close to being able to hide my own Easter eggs.

I sensed Bill was guarded in what he said. He did my 6.4L HGs and studs and as I understand it they do a tune by reprograming the truck ECU. They didn't seem to like my Mini tuner much. I'm sure he didn't want to say on TV that he told them to tune the truck.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:20 PM
vloney
Postmaster
vloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant futurevloney has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by StanleyZ View Post
Really? The front driver side is number 2? I guess I'm really getting old cause I thought the front drivers side was number 1. That explains why I never got my 54 Ford started. I'm getting close to being able to hide my own Easter eggs.

I sensed Bill was guarded in what he said. He did my 6.4L HGs and studs and as I understand it they do a tune by reprograming the truck ECU. They didn't seem to like my Mini tuner much. I'm sure he didn't want to say on TV that he told them to tune the truck.
International engine. Pass side all odd numbered cylinders 1,3,5,7- driver side all even numbers 2,4,6,8. The new 6.7 is a Ford engine. Pass side 1,2,3,4- driver side 5,6,7,8.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:14 PM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
I think if I were him in that situation...I would not have recommended a thing over the phone.

He should have dug more to find out what was going on and what repairs they were going to do.

IMHO he is partly to blame.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:40 PM
slowmans
Postmaster
slowmans has a good reputation on FTE.slowmans has a good reputation on FTE.
You gotta remember , he is part salesmen too.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:56 PM
Troy Buenger
Postmaster
Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by slowmans View Post
You gotta remember , he is part salesmen too.
Your exactly right and here's another sales opportunity...

Old 09-30-2014, 10:12 PM
pstroke67
Freshman User
pstroke67 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
This guy is a complete jackass I work on these truck day in and out just by looking at video I know exactly what happen sure tuner was partial blamed but what happen is first failure probably allowed oil into charge air cooler when the shop repair motor they didn't bother to drain charge air cooler of oil so when the customer was driving and at full boost oil was sucked out of the cac and directly into motor which always burns cyl 2 and 8 due to the intake system design the dpf had absolutely nothing to do with failure yes the tune turned off the monitor to pick up that situation code P252F Engine oil level over full if it has stock tune the pcm would of put truck in reduce engine power and have no power what so ever so the people blame would be owner for going aftermarket and trusting shop to fix this complicated engine and the repair shop it self for not following right procedures I absolutely cannot stand this guy and his videos absolutely total joke!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2014, 06:59 AM
StanleyZ
Postmaster
If that's what took it down wouldn't the engine still be over full of oil? Never mind, I was thinking of the oil growth problem where guys have failed to monitor the oil level and it has risen high enough to take down the engine. As to Hewitt, I doubt he turns many wrenches any more. I had work done there and the tech was very knowledgeable. I saw 2 or 3 techs there and they did a good job. I think he started with the 7.3Ls and has grown to the point that he just runs the company and does you tubes. I would go there again without fear.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:33 PM
seth1994*
New User
seth1994* is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford 6.4

You know of anyone who has had problems with him before buddy???
Originally Posted by StanleyZ View Post

Old 05-23-2016, 06:18 PM
CrazySob
Senior User
CrazySob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.CrazySob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Holy thread revival batman...

The last post was oct of 2014.....

Old 05-23-2016, 08:45 PM
Herb Brooks
Senior User
Herb Brooks is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well I hadn't seen it yet. Considering what I'm doing to mine he's just a basket full of sunshine now ain't he. I have seen some of his stuff back when I was thinking about buying this truck. Didn't believe him then and still don't

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: An interesting you tube from powerstroke help

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: