Modded Suspensions Call - Request your measurents - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Reload this Page >

Modded Suspensions Call - Request your measurents

Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modded Suspensions Call - Request your measurents

Old 03-22-2015, 09:45 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
25.5'' front; 27'' rear

Stock wheels, 315/75 size BFG K02 tires. Slight rub at full turn on the rear portion of the front leaf springs.

Front; $40 CL pair of used V's (80K miles), 2'' of level leaf packs.
Rear: $20 CL pair of used C's (off F350 w/60K miles); mod'd with 3 leaves from the original X rears plus the slapper leaf; original Ex blocks.

Good not to take oneself too seriously .

Attached Images    

Last edited by Stewart_H; 09-01-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:59 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
I use 15lbs in my bags, the lower you go the more chance you have for them flexing. Just my .02

Old 03-23-2015, 02:08 PM
74Mav
Senior User
74Mav has a very good reputation on FTE.74Mav has a very good reputation on FTE.74Mav has a very good reputation on FTE.74Mav has a very good reputation on FTE.

Since I've had this truck for less than a week, I do not know what all has been done, neither did the dealership. Measurements are:

Front - 25.75" (both wheels)
Rear - 26.75" (both wheels)

Tire size is LT315/70R-17 on 17 x 8.5 wheels. Tire diameter I think should be 35" - they only have about 10 - 15k miles left in their lifetime and are about 34" right now.

Brian

Old 03-23-2015, 05:01 PM
wbuffetjr1
Junior User
wbuffetjr1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Awesome post! Wish this had been around back in the day!

V codes and 3" hangers up front, modified F codes + 4" tapered block in the rear. Think I added 2-3 leaves in the rear. Been so long now I cannot remember. I think mine have settled considerably and uneven at that. Too many trips up the mountain! Looking at a new set for the rear from Alcan Spring and trying to figure out how much lift I need in the rear to get rid of the block totally. I'd like the back to sit 1.5" higher than the front. Maybe I should just get new fronts too.....

DF - 27.25"
DR - 27"
PF - 26.5"
PR - 27.25"

Old 03-23-2015, 05:08 PM
wbuffetjr1
Junior User
Originally Posted by USCG_PA View Post
So, with my 4" all spring BDS lift, I am getting 27" in the front and 28" in the rear.

Hope this helps!
I have read that if you use their "F250 lift" on an EX you get more than the stated lift?? Not sure about that, just read it.

Was your lift made for the Excursion specifically?

Also, how long has the lift been installed?

Thanks!

Old 03-23-2015, 05:10 PM
wbuffetjr1
Junior User
Originally Posted by nelms View Post
2004 Excursion 4x4 EB, 6.0 6in BDS all spring lift kit. FOX shocks all the way around, dual steering stabilizers. 315-75-r16 BFG's (had driveshaft vibration until new u joints) Still gonna get double cardan DS to be safe.

LF - 29.5
RF - 29.5
LR - 30.5
RR - 30.5

Hub center to stock cladding

If you have any other questions just ask.
I have read that if you use their "F250 lift" on an EX you get more than the stated lift?? Not sure about that, just read it.

Thanks!

Old 03-23-2015, 09:54 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by wbuffetjr1 View Post

Thanks!

Yes Warren the SuperDuty lift will give an EX 2" more lift than advertised for the pickups because the EXs started out that much lower than the trucks from the factory.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:01 AM
garryk6
Elder User
garryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by garryk6 View Post
Gained a Full 5 inches all the way around, rear is 1/2 higher that the front, Passengers side is 1/4 higher than drivers side. Clears the 35x12.5x16.5 BFG AT's nicely.
This is what I used...

B's in the rear with the 2 leaf mod from the Ex pack, with the slapper bar cut off, and a Pro Comp 5 inch Block

V's in the front with an Add-a-leaf designed for the rear installed under the two-leaf -pack, then a 3" mini pack under that.

Dropped Pitman Arm, and dropped Track Bar Bracket with adjustable track bar.

Bilstein 5100 shocks and steering stabilizer.
Pics!!

Sunrise this morning!!! Gotta Love a Sunny Day in Alaska!!!!:-

Garry in Kodiak
From my previous post, I went out and measured where it settled out.
28 3/4" rear, 28 1/4 front. Measured from center of hub to lip of bare metal.
Hope this helps others!
Garry

Old 03-24-2015, 01:09 AM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
A Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud of

Thanks!

To note, I'm not sure the brand of lift your looking at, as WE3ZS said it will raise it more than advertised on the EX assuming it's a spring kit. But, if it's only a mini pack, spacer under the stock pack, or a hanger kit I don't think it will raise it more than advertised.

Can someone confirm that?

Garry- very nice!

Old 03-24-2015, 06:57 AM
wbuffetjr1
Junior User
Originally Posted by A Rodder View Post
To note, I'm not sure the brand of lift your looking at, as WE3ZS said it will raise it more than advertised on the EX assuming it's a spring kit. But, if it's only a mini pack, spacer under the stock pack, or a hanger kit I don't think it will raise it more than advertised.

Can someone confirm that?

Garry- very nice!
I am getting Alcan Spring to make a custom set of leaves. Will be all spring, no block at all. I just have to tell them how much lift I want so trying to get a feel for exactly how much I need. I am looking for 28.5 after settling. I was only asking about the BDS kit he had installed to see if it was a Ex or Truck kit.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:12 AM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
A Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud ofA Rodder has much to be proud of
I am getting Alcan Spring to make a custom set of leaves. Will be all spring, no block at all. I just have to tell them how much lift I want so trying to get a feel for exactly how much I need. I am looking for 28.5 after settling. I was only asking about the BDS kit he had installed to see if it was a Ex or Truck kit.

Sounds like a plan that can't be beat!

Old 03-25-2015, 12:55 AM
*208*
Junior User
*208* is starting off with a positive reputation.
Have you received a quote from Alcan for the custom springs? Can you post what they quoted if you don't mind. I'm not sure I have PM privileges yet. Thanks in advance!

Old 03-25-2015, 11:25 AM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN
Jmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputation
I got 25" all the way around with 3/4ths a mini spring pack in the front and RAS in the back. Still looks pretty good with 285's.

Name:  image-3018485241.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  504.8 KB

Old 03-25-2015, 02:50 PM
ChadTaylor
Senior User
ChadTaylor has a good reputation on FTE.ChadTaylor has a good reputation on FTE.ChadTaylor has a good reputation on FTE.
I got the Rhino back with the ATS X/C's installed. Updated measurements are:

26" front and 27" rear

Old 03-25-2015, 09:35 PM
garryk6
Elder User
garryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to beholdgarryk6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by A Rodder View Post
Garry- very nice!
Thanks!

Garry

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Modded Suspensions Call - Request your measurents

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.