Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Stock rear view mirror?, Is this a correct part number?

Old 09-25-2014, 08:18 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
jimcar-9 has a very good reputation on FTE.jimcar-9 has a very good reputation on FTE.jimcar-9 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Well regarding the paint on the letters.

Just my ten cent.

My tailgate chains seems to have the original red (remnants),

the bed wood and strip where supposedly painted body color,

I would be really amazed if ford spent that time and money to paint the letters some other color than body color..

but who knows

Old 09-25-2014, 09:05 AM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by jimcar-9 View Post
Those mirrors are huge, luckily they are slightly adjustable.

By the way I dont know if I just made a hell of a deal or just got fooled.

The round 5" mirrors in the first picture in the thread. Well I just won them on Ebay for the amount of $15.50 ........???

If they are stock panel truck mirrors I think I got a good deal but if they are repops (any one know if they exist) I still think I made a good deal.......

or what?
I thought they were stock round mirrors for 48-52 trucks??? Maybe a 48-52 expert will answer that.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:12 AM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by jimcar-9 View Post
Well regarding the paint on the letters.

Just my ten cent.

My tailgate chains seems to have the original red (remnants),

the bed wood and strip where supposedly painted body color,

I would be really amazed if ford spent that time and money to paint the letters some other color than body color..

but who knows
The bed wood and strips were the body color. The tailgate chains were not painted. They were zinc coated (silver colored) with black rubber covers so it didn't scratch the tailgate.

It would have taken some time and pay for some guy to do paint the letters (probably used a roller or block printing) but it was good advertising for Ford to have there name prominently on the gate.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:29 PM
BelgianF100
Junior User
BelgianF100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Is anyone building these square mirrors and arms? I've only got 1

Old 09-14-2015, 12:55 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
jimcar-9 has a very good reputation on FTE.jimcar-9 has a very good reputation on FTE.jimcar-9 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by BelgianF100 View Post
Is anyone building these square mirrors and arms? I've only got 1

No.....not as far as I know.....and I made a deep investigation on that last year....

But keep looking and call the NOS Obsolete part warehouses on the web. I stumbled upon two complete sets with arms a year ago.

It cost me an arm and a leg.

Happy fishing

Ps. I know Abe has one, but I dont think he is interested in parting out. Ds