Zurich coating worth the cash?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 01:32 PM
RubyRedBeast
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zurich coating worth the cash?

I recently bought a 2014 Expedition and let them talk me into the Zurich coating for the interior and exterior of my truck. My questions are, is it really worth it, or is Scotch Guard just as good; Do I need to reapply it regularly to the interior and exterior or only if I get a mess; should I use wax or polish on the finish, and if a wax, which wax is best for the Ford finish with the Zurich coating on it? Thanks.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:57 PM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
Well, I have never used Zurich products and am not familiar with their line. IMHO, and what I can say is, most of the products like this I have seen out for the past 20+ years are, well, high quality waxes and scotchgard type protectants.

With regards to brands....all companies/brands use the same chemicals for their products, the ONLY difference is the purity & concentration...$ for $, commercial lines are simply the best buy IMHO.

The absolute best paint sealer ($ for $) IMHO is "Satin Cream" (for dark colors), it is made by BAF & distributed through Pro Car Care products. It is very easy to work with either by hand, orbital or buffer. It has the same acrylic hardener as the high dollar paint sealants but it has 30% German imported carnauba....no, your arm will not fall off putting it on or taking it off & it has a very mild polish in it as well. Even parking the vehicle outside, the MFG gives a 6 months warranty before another application is required. I use this personally on my toys & daily drivers (which include a 1997 black Cougar sport) and all I can tell you are not even bugs like to stick to the paint- most of the time when water is applied they just float off- bird poop is just as easy. No smeary look either- very clean clear deep look. On my toys, I give them a fresh coat about every 2 years (literally, even for a show), my daily drivers (I have one that sits outside), I apply to the entire vehicle every 6 months, and do the hood, roof and trunk every 3 months (probably overkill, but I know it is well protected from the elements including industrial fallout).

For light colored cars I use Profection Paint Sealant (P-73-Q)…it is the same product as “Satin Crème” but without the carnauba….it brings up a much higher shine which on light colored cars looks better IMHO (although it has less depth of shine that carnauba gives) and it has a much higher level of polish in it.….I also use this on all my chrome, stainless, etc…it not only shines it up like new but it is sealed from the elements as well……it works very nice on the poly carbonate headlamp lenses as well- cleaning up the lighter haze that happens over time.
BAF Industries 1910 S. Yale Street Santa Ana, CA 92704 800-437-9893

An excellent alternate product is 3M Perfect It Show Car Liquid Wax- a silicone wax/polish but excellent results as well, just maybe about 90% of the quality of the satin cream.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:26 PM
RubyRedBeast
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you, sir. That has to be the most thorough response I have ever gotten on any forum. I definitely appreciate your input and will look for the products you named. Seeing as how mine is a darker color, I'll use the Satin Creme. The reason I asked about the Zurich coating is that it's guaranteed inside and out for 7 years. I got a touchup kit should I need it, but apparently it's good to go for that long. Not to say I wont need to wax also, and that's where the Satin Creme will come in. Thanks again.