Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Crazy European most likely has a pick up

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 09:10 AM
sjwelds
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bump time. How's things going by now? Haven't heard anything for a while. Still liking your IDI purchase?

Old 10-27-2014, 06:26 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
Originally Posted by sherwin johnson
Bump time. How's things going by now? Haven't heard anything for a while. Still liking your IDI purchase?
I am back in Europe. The truck is by my friend, waiting to raise the money for the shipment, it is still 3 grand to get it here. It has new bumpers by now, managed to get the zf swap while in states and it is a great upgrade, I did not know it can go 90MPH. I returned to Europe Wednesday but already miss my truck. The consumption with C6 was 15.5 MPG, with zf5 is 18.5, I do believe after a little tune up I hit 20. I will pop test the injectors, set them even, check the timing once it gets here, I will have Banks later model turbo for it and hydroboost conversion.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:07 PM
Ford F834
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have not driven many IDI's but your truck is definitely softer at the bottom end than mine. I think you have some gains to be had with tuning once you get it home. I am confident you will hit 20-ish mpg and get more low rpm punch with some timing adjustments. You really did score a sweet pick up, and I hope a plague of car problems descends on Prague giving you lots of side jobs to earn the transport money... You sure have a talent with the TDI, my Jetta purrs like a happy kitten after the work we did on it

Old 04-13-2017, 11:36 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
My friend in Oregon died, who helped me to get my truck. I have a wonderfull memories of him. Each time I drive it I think of him. Last picture we took together.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:47 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It is definitely an ironic picture though.......

Old 04-14-2017, 02:01 AM
Charmalu
Fleet Mechanic

Received 200 Likes on 170 Posts
I too feel sorry for your loss of a good friend. Good friends are hard to come by.
I assume that is you on the left?

I just reread through this thread to get back up to speed.
I know you already have your truck. I just came across this 86 F-250 2WD auto. dang this thing is clean. Sounds too good to be true, wish I had the money. So I guess there are still a few goods one`s in garages here and there.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6075059088.html

1986 Ford F250 Super cab XLT Lariat 4X2 Turbo Diesel Long bed for sale. Single owner truck. 67k miles. This truck was never used for work. This truck was kept in a finished, insulated garage in California for its whole life. Has Banks turbocharger (a HUGE plus for the IDI diesel), trailer brakes, and exhaust brake, and all turbo related gauges. 3 speed automatic transmission with auxiliary transmission cooler and temperature gauge. I believe it is on its second set of tires, but in any case, they are brand new. Factory air conditioning. All original documentation included. Original window sticker, service records, owner's manual, diesel engine owner's manual supplement. Has "Original owner plaque." Similar to GM's Protect o plate. This is a premium truck. It is in EXCELLENT condition, and you will not find another one in this shape. That is why I am asking a premium price. Truck WAS NOT used for work, only recreation. The interior is immaculate. Oil was changed every 3000 miles. Lariat package was the only package this model year that had the power windows and door locks. There are a few minor dents from use, but paint has not been compromised in the dented areas, so no rust. The truck is totally rust free in fact. The truck was owned by my grandparents who used it in their retirement, then left to me. I have included a Vehicle Value report in the pictures. I am willing to negotiate on the price, but not much. I guarantee you're not going to find a similar truck in this condition. They are usually all rusted out, or totally beat to hell from work use. Oh yeah, one more huge bonus: NO SMOG!!!! Older diesels do not have to be smoged.

Charlie

Old 04-15-2017, 01:18 PM
pgg00
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your friend