1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Need right power mirror assembly, with signal & heated for 1999 Expedition

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 02:29 PM
sprudo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need right power mirror assembly, with signal & heated for 1999 Expedition

Having a difficult time finding a replacement passenger side mirror for my 1999 Expedition Eddie Bauer. It's a power mirror, with a single LED turn signal (in glass) and is heated.

Appreciate if anyone can direct me to a replacement. My son (go figure) popped it off when hitting the garage side.

Thanks... Steve

Old 09-12-2014, 10:52 AM
r2millers
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sprudo
Having a difficult time finding a replacement passenger side mirror for my 1999 Expedition Eddie Bauer. It's a power mirror, with a single LED turn signal (in glass) and is heated.

Appreciate if anyone can direct me to a replacement. My son (go figure) popped it off when hitting the garage side.

Thanks... Steve
I guess the mirror better than the side of the truck. When I replaced mine from a side swipe accident, a local salvage year had one. The back side chrome plate comes off and is easily replaced with the original if not too badly damaged to match.
Three nuts under the triangular cover and it comes off pretty easily.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:09 PM
4x4EX
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sprudo

Thanks... Steve
I had the same problem, I knocked my side mirror off hitting a utility truck parked on side of the road.

Three routes I would use.

1) Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market (this is where I got mine)
Go here and search for the exact part you need. I've used this website many many times and it's a very efficient way to find salvaged parts. All parts are graded so you know the quality to expect. You will need to contact the yards to see if they still have the part and you can sort by city or distance and you might be lucky enough to find one right down the street from you.

2) ebay.com
There are quite a few on ebay, you just need to make sure you confirm you have the "single' or "multi" chevron type single. Remember you don't have to narrow your search to the Expedition. Check the F150 too, there are millions of those mirrors around. Just make sure they function exactly the same and it will be identical.

If your son didn't totally destroy the outside you do know that the cap actually pops off. So if you got a mirror from a blue truck and your truck is white you could just pop the cap off and put it on your new mirror. See picture schematic below..

3) Last resort, if you can't find anything, I think the 2003 newer style mirrors fit, you could buy two of those, and just rewire them..