Crown Victoria swap kit from Edward Ritchey - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Crown Victoria swap kit from Edward Ritchey

Old 01-24-2015, 02:21 PM
ETOWN55
Senior User
ETOWN55 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yes it sure is. Just think about it if you need a replacement part you can just go to the auto parts store instead of waiting for the part in the mail.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:35 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by ETOWN55 View Post

Another F100
This one looks like it would have serious tire rub on the fenders on the slightest turn.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:30 AM
mustangmike6996
Elder User
mustangmike6996 has a good reputation on FTE.mustangmike6996 has a good reputation on FTE.
Yes it sure is. Just think about it if you need a replacement part you can just go to the auto parts store instead of waiting for the part in the mail.

Exactly.

OEM quality is far superior to most aftermarket kits

Old 01-25-2015, 03:36 PM
Scot
Elder User
Scot is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did the swap a few years ago and absolutely love the CV front end. I removed a Gibbons Cordoba setup that i had never really liked due to improper design of the K member causing lack of caster.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:03 PM
mustangmike6996
Elder User
mustangmike6996 has a good reputation on FTE.mustangmike6996 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
I did the swap a few years ago and absolutely love the CV front end. I removed a Gibbons Cordoba setup that i had never really liked due to improper design of the K member causing lack of caster.
Care to post pictures of the setup/fab work?

Im curious about the frame to rear control arm mounting

Old 01-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Scot
Elder User
Scot is starting off with a positive reputation.
There is a picture of the truck "finished" and also a picture of the mounts in my gallery.

The mounts I built are set up to bolt in and use existing holes. In the gallery picture the front of the truck end is on the left and the three holes in a triangle are the old shock mount holes.

The top of the CV front is flat and when you lay it under the frame, most of the frame is flat but it begins to taper wider toward the back of the truck. You end up having to build a wedge for that part.

On the stock CV, the rear track bars sit at an angle but all you need to do is loosen them and rotate them to where they are parallel to the bottom of the F100 frame.

My mount covers the outside of the frame and ties into the transmission mount using stock holes on the back near where the track bar mounts.

I set the whole front end as close to level as I could front to back at final ride height.

I can shoot more pictures if you have a specific view you want.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:03 PM
buckeye ford nut
New User
buckeye ford nut is starting off with a positive reputation.
how do you determine where to mount the sway bar? is it by the angle of the end links or just where you can fit it on the frame?

Old 02-09-2015, 08:51 PM
mustangmike6996
Elder User
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
There is a picture of the truck "finished" and also a picture of the mounts in my gallery.

The mounts I built are set up to bolt in and use existing holes. In the gallery picture the front of the truck end is on the left and the three holes in a triangle are the old shock mount holes.

The top of the CV front is flat and when you lay it under the frame, most of the frame is flat but it begins to taper wider toward the back of the truck. You end up having to build a wedge for that part.

On the stock CV, the rear track bars sit at an angle but all you need to do is loosen them and rotate them to where they are parallel to the bottom of the F100 frame.

My mount covers the outside of the frame and ties into the transmission mount using stock holes on the back near where the track bar mounts.

I set the whole front end as close to level as I could front to back at final ride height.

I can shoot more pictures if you have a specific view you want.
I appreciate it! I ended up leveling the frame by cutting, chopping and welding gussets so it takes care of the taper issue and I dont need a wedge on the bottom of the frame to IFS. I will put the spacer on the top to correct the gap between the strut tower cast iron arm and the frame.

I need to figure out what offset is best for the engine. It seems that 1" to the pass side sits the best in the frame and leaves me the most room to fit the header/steering shaft and engine mount on the driver side.

Originally Posted by buckeye ford nut View Post
how do you determine where to mount the sway bar? is it by the angle of the end links or just where you can fit it on the frame?

Old 02-09-2015, 10:17 PM
demon53
New User
demon53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll be starting this swap in the next few days. It's nice to see some good info.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:26 PM
demon53
New User
demon53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Started this swap today. The hole for I put in the frame for the pins are 1" forward of the bump stop holes and 1 1/4" from the out side of the Frame rails. Need to figure out how to fill the gap on top of the Frame to the upper mount for the suspension still there's a good 2" gap.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:16 PM
BDYY
Junior User
BDYY is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BDYY is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

55 on 17's with a 2003+ Crown Victoria IFS.

Curious as to what the rear suspension setup is on this? Also the size and backspacing of the wheel? Thanks!

Old 05-07-2015, 01:27 PM
f100panel53
New User
f100panel53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile Not Edward's Facebook page

Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
Check out his Facebook page its "53-56 F100 Crown vic suspension swap"

Tons of people on there, tons of info, tons of swaps completed.
Edward is just another member like the rest of us, the page belongs to Mike Lane, just an FYI.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:16 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Those look like Mustang chrome bullitt wheels. Probably same size front and rear.

Old 04-16-2017, 03:16 AM
fordslut
Senior User
fordslut has a very good reputation on FTE.fordslut has a very good reputation on FTE.fordslut has a very good reputation on FTE.
I wish he would have completed the one I bought from him. he won't answer his phone or return calls. I've had to figure out how to finish it up as I go. the trailing arms, the power rack location not being right. I wish I would have went with the cross member from industrial chassis in az. super nice piece. in to deep now, gotta' finish it.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:59 PM
rannaska
Senior User
rannaska is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.rannaska is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I installed one in my 54. Just have to figure out the steering linkage. The angle is a bit too sharp for the universal joints. I'm going to have to install a mid universal.

Can anyone post a picture or link to their build where you have done the steering linkage.

Thanks for all help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crown Victoria swap kit from Edward Ritchey

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.