6.4 with h&s tuner - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums



6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

6.4 with h&s tuner

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Hayman12 Hayman12 is offline
New User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 5
Hayman12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
6.4 with h&s tuner

I have a 2008 6.4l with a h&s minimax and 5" exhaust and egr and dpf delete kit it run good but fuel mileage really didn't change much but I put it on a dyno and had the tuner turned up to 300 hp gain and it still only put out 408hp I'm not real sure but I think it should have put out way more hp since it is 351hp stock any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-01-2014, 11:30 AM
bubbasz1's Avatar
bubbasz1 bubbasz1 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Redford, Mi.
Posts: 1,872
bubbasz1 has a very good reputation on FTE.bubbasz1 has a very good reputation on FTE.bubbasz1 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Something sounds slightly odd, I would start with a reputable truck shop that does this stuff on a daily basis.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-01-2014, 11:44 AM
RM2738's Avatar
RM2738 RM2738 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 2,195
RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Where did you dyno it? Is the dyno set up for a turbo charged vehicle? The dyno should add resistance to the wheel to allow the turbo to spool properly. Inertia vs Load Cell
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Hayman12 Hayman12 is offline
New User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 5
Hayman12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM2738 View Post
Where did you dyno it? Is the dyno set up for a turbo charged vehicle? The dyno should add resistance to the wheel to allow the turbo to spool properly. Inertia vs Load Cell
I had it dyno at a diesel truck show and pulls
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-01-2014, 02:18 PM
RM2738's Avatar
RM2738 RM2738 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 2,195
RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Things I'd check immediately: DTC's, air filter and fuel filters.

I just pulled my S&B air filter out after 25,000 miles and it was so incredibly gunked up, I was astounded the filter minder hadn't tripped yet. What made me check it was a slight decrease in mileage and a slight decrease in the "get up and go" when the skinny pedal was pushed. It's minor and I doubt that's what is holding you back, but it's a few things to look at.

Keep in mind the 300HP Hott damn tune won't get you an additional 300 RWHP.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Thasilver_6.7's Avatar
Thasilver_6.7 Thasilver_6.7 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 235
Thasilver_6.7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Thasilver_6.7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman12 View Post
I have a 2008 6.4l with a h&s minimax and 5" exhaust and egr and dpf delete kit it run good but fuel mileage really didn't change much but I put it on a dyno and had the tuner turned up to 300 hp gain and it still only put out 408hp I'm not real sure but I think it should have put out way more hp since it is 351hp stock any help would be appreciated.

doesn't make any sense at all.... your saying the truck has been running good except it's missing about 150hp....lol.... are you positive the tuner wasn't set at a different level?? There is a lot of variables.. is the truck lifted...big rims?? I didn't see if you have an intake or not.. but definetly helps with the bigger hp tunes.... something seriously wrong with this thread!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-01-2014, 03:25 PM
RM2738's Avatar
RM2738 RM2738 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 2,195
RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKINMY'08 View Post
doesn't make any sense at all.... your saying the truck has been running good except it's missing about 150hp....lol.... are you positive the tuner wasn't set at a different level?? There is a lot of variables.. is the truck lifted...big rims?? I didn't see if you have an intake or not.. but definetly helps with the bigger hp tunes.... something seriously wrong with this thread!
I was leading there. Lol.

The newest H&S Flashes have changed quite a bit in how the tunes are uploaded. Maybe you accidentally loaded the 150 tune unknowingly?

Can you go into the settings in the tuner and confirm your version and current tune?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Hayman12 Hayman12 is offline
New User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 5
Hayman12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't normally run the truck on that setting so I'm not sure how it should run. I will try to reload the tuner again and see if there are any changes. Thx
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Hayman12 Hayman12 is offline
New User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 5
Hayman12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oh and the truck is not lifted stock rims.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Hayman12 Hayman12 is offline
New User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 5
Hayman12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
5" exhaust and s&b intake.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Thasilver_6.7's Avatar
Thasilver_6.7 Thasilver_6.7 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 235
Thasilver_6.7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Thasilver_6.7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM2738 View Post
I was leading there. Lol.

The newest H&S Flashes have changed quite a bit in how the tunes are uploaded. Maybe you accidentally loaded the 150 tune unknowingly?

Can you go into the settings in the tuner and confirm your version and current tune?


I was like is RM gonna say it or me....lol!! but seriously with your mods...also depending on the dyno and climate wherever you are...you should be putting anywhere from 550-600RWHP to the ground... so if there we're no mistakes during the upload/dyno run then there's something seriously wrong.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
h&s tuner magum350 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel 1 09-05-2016 11:25 AM
6.4L Spartan Tuner w/DPF/CAT Delete Pipes smartken22 Ford Truck Parts for Sale 2 09-18-2015 01:00 AM
amazing performance and gas mileage rjkenney 1999 to 2016 Super Duty 8 04-24-2015 05:04 PM
550+ hp 7.3 vs 550+ 6.4 j250hd 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 10 02-01-2012 07:04 PM
dp-tuner HP increase hdman6 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 6 02-08-2007 08:13 PM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums >

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send