New phone, now no text messages - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford In-Vehicle Tech Discussion area for Ford Sync, Sync AppLink, MyFord Touch, Ford Supplied SiriusXM Radio, Ford Work Solutions, etc.

New phone, now no text messages

Old 10-09-2014, 04:54 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
To bring this thread up to date with my new phone and no text messages.

We bought a 2015 Lincoln MKC last week. What a neat ride that is. Anyway as part of PDI we setup Bluetooth and paired it with my phone. Texting works! So as we were talking the saleman suggested a manual reset of the DRW. Even offered to do it for me if needed.

So Yesterday I did the manual reset and now it works. So why I needed to completely dump everything to get the new phone to do text messages is a mystery. But it works!

So that issue is solved.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
I think the term is "master reset" - Personally, I had to do the same thing when I switched phones, never thought to mention that.

Thanks for reporting back!