56 f 350 project - Page 7 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

56 f 350 project

Old 06-13-2018, 07:38 PM
pintoplumber
Elder User
pintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to all

I started on the outside and uncovered some white numbers.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:49 PM
pintoplumber
Elder User
pintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to all
Some more lettering. The bottom line reads South Williamsport PA. Above that, the last word I can make out is engineers.

Boy, I’m having a hard time posting tonight. I hit upload and it jumps to page 1 and I can’t edit.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:51 PM
pintoplumber
Elder User
It seems there is orange paint underneath the red paint, then the original green. Dennis

Old 07-08-2018, 10:35 PM
pintoplumber
Elder User
I ran out to Cincinnati this weekend to one of my racing buddy’s. He had a 292 y block that he freshened up. That will save me some time and money rather than getting some of my core blocks rebuilt. Dennis

Old 07-08-2018, 10:39 PM
pintoplumber
Elder User

Old 07-08-2018, 11:25 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
That's great Dennis! Another 48 to 5y truck nearing completion!

But no video of the engine running before he took it off the stand?

And now we have seen a Ford engine in a Chevy!

Old 07-09-2018, 05:37 AM
pintoplumber
Elder User
I wasn’t thinking. I didn’t get the camera out until after he drained the water out of the engine.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:16 PM
pintoplumber
Elder User
We got the engine out of the suburban on Monday and on the trailer with a forklift. Tonight we got it off the trailer and into the garage. Dennis

Old 09-03-2018, 07:03 PM
pintoplumber
Elder User
I had my buddy come over yesterday and we got the windshield in mostly. It needs to go in a little more at the top. My hands were sore from slapping the windshield and we were dripping with sweat. Dennis

Old 10-17-2018, 02:31 PM
pintoplumber
Elder User

I got a new gas tank today. Were they painted? Does it need to be painted since it’s inside the cab? Dennis

Old 10-17-2018, 03:14 PM
52 USCG Panel
Posting Guru
52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.52 USCG Panel has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey Dennis. Nice and shiny--looking good! Looking forward to seeing you and your blue trucks next fall.

Jim

Old 10-17-2018, 06:56 PM
56panelford
Posting Legend
56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by pintoplumber View Post

I got a new gas tank today. Were they painted? Does it need to be painted since itís inside the cab? Dennis
The one I pulled out of my pickup wasn't painted..

Old 10-17-2018, 08:13 PM
Effies 56
Senior User
Effies 56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Effies 56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Effies 56 has a very good reputation on FTE.Effies 56 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Dennis,
Great work on the new project truck! You have done a lot! Thanks for posting the pictures!
Regards,
Chris