1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Trozei's '69 F100 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 02:25 AM
trozei
Postmaster
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Also, I will be at SEMA again this year if anybody wants to meet me.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:48 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks for the update Jackson. I am loving the work on the T/A.
I have to admit, I have never been much of a Glock fan. I like the Barettas, Walthers, and a few others.
I am planning to make it to Sema this year if things fall in line. I would love to finally meet with you if that happens.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:23 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
2X. Thanks for the update.
That Trans Am looks bad azz now with your work. Let alone after you squirt it.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:11 PM
trozei
Postmaster
Because my fabrication parts are still on backorder for whatever reason, I decided to be productive at home. I finally got around to installing the starter I placed under the truck probably a year ago, and I finally got around to pulling my wiring harness out after cutting everything to length and looming it. Small things that took me forever to get around to, but a big mental hurdle is now passed. Wouldn't have been able to do it without my friends motivating me. I owe them one.

Name:  MWNi0Yy.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  1.45 MB

Old 10-28-2018, 11:00 PM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Good stuff. Thanks for the update.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:27 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
"Lento es Contento", as the Mexican's say, or Easy does it in Gringo speak. As you have heard me say in the past, Proceed at the Speed of Right, not the Speed of Light. You will be way happier with the results when you are done. So, work on it when you have time, and don't worry, there will always be work to do, until they are throwing dirt in your face.

Baja

Old 10-29-2018, 02:40 PM
68murc
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work area! Looks like your living room floor? Very comfy for sure! I hope you got the mess cleaned up before your folks came home!

Old 10-31-2018, 03:41 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
It always feels real good to get past a PITA. Glad to hear you can rock and roll on it now.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:36 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
I'm not looking forward to the wiring harness part!

Old 11-06-2018, 09:34 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Nuke buddy, since wiring is not my forte, I was hesitant and more than a bit afraid that I would mess it up. A 'Fat Fender' car restorer friend of mine, turned me on to EZ wiring harnesses, which can be custom ordered for specific vehicles. EZ to the rescue... At first inspection, I thought that they were using aluminum wiring, but turns out, they did use zinc plated copper wiring, which resists corrosion. At least on the complete kit I ordered. I also ordered off Evilbay, a big bag of silicone filled terminals, that when crimped correctly, seal off the rest of the wire to moisture and hence corrosion. 6 years now, and working like a charm even at the beach, and salty air at the house 3 blocks inland. The fuse block is an upgrade to OEM. The kit did NOT come with body grommets, so I had to look for those...

Good luck amigo

Old 11-07-2018, 02:56 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Okay, I'll keep that in mind, Russ! My plan is to order a harness from a 79, so it matches up with the dash. Should work just fine with the rest of the truck.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:12 PM
trozei
Postmaster
I used the American Autowire kit that I got from Tim, who went to BBQ with me in Vegas recently. (It was good seeing you again too, Sean). It's plug-and-play. Everything is there. Costs more though. The EZ kit is a bit more of a U-build. Costs less. All depends what you want.

Looking back I should've bought the connectors and the wiring and built it myself because I ended up rebuilding this kit anyway and it has more stuff than I need. I went from a 5-circuit system to a 21-circuit system when I'm probably only going to use less than 10 of them.

Yes that's my living room floor but my parents don't live with me anymore so I don't have to worry about them coming home. They actually split up.

And don't worry, baja. You've drilled that into me and I preach it unto others to work at the speed of right thanks to you. I'm in no rush. It'll get done when it gets done.

On a lighter note I stopped by my fab guy's shop to see the progress on my girlfriend's Toyota Supra and he surprised me with a box full of my custom cooler cores that finally showed up. Looks like progress will happen soon! But of course I must once again fix the F250 before I can tow the F100 to his shop. The steering box is moving around despite it being securely bolted to the frame rail. I suspect something broke, and I don't feel it is safe to drive it like that. Must inspect further...

The radiator and intercooler are made from Bell Intercoolers. The engine and transmission oil coolers are made by Vibrant Performance. They will be stacked as shown in the photo to minimize any reduction in airflow from placing one in front of the other, shrouded together with twin SPAL electric fans to maximize cooler performance, which also showed up but I don't have a photo of them.

Name:  KHjrMvk.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  1.11 MB

Name:  IfMwPja.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  1.13 MB

Old 11-12-2018, 08:58 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Good thinking on stacking them, for more efficient air flow. Sorry about the "Drilling" of the speed amigo, but every day, I see people in a hurry to go, do, and fix, only to discover that they have to 'Do' it over. Recently, in Texas, we had some torrential rains, and my wife discovered that the North wall, in our newly built home, leaked at the attic vent. The warranty inspector, discovered that the builder's contractor, was in such a hurry, that they forgot to put in the flashing around the 2' x 3' vent. ?? Forgot? or simply in too much of a hurry, to get to the next phase of the job... I don't know which, but anyway, the warranty inspector/adjustor, had to have Dry Force in our new home for 3 days, after moving everything out of our guest bedroom, and installing dehumidifiers, low temp heaters, and hoses running to the guest bathroom... Now, they are tearing out the North wall, removing all the insulation, window frame, window sill, and the whole enchilada, taking up to 10 days to satisfy my wife, all hto save a couple of hours, some months ago... Seems that the old saying, "There's never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough to do it over".

I am glad that you are doing it right the first time.. Congratulations on your attention to detail.

Baja

Old 11-12-2018, 10:26 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
That's one thing about the factory harness, I'd like a few more circuits. I've talked to Tim about getting a harness from him.

Old 02-17-2019, 11:19 AM
trozei
Postmaster
I've been saying I'd do it for forever now but yesterday I finally did it. I was up until 6am getting my truck ready to roll for my morning delivery. It sure was strange seeing my truck outside. It's been a long time since I've seen that. My buddy Daryl has a specialized transport company and he picked it up in the morning and brought it to my other buddy's speed shop. He's got my cooler end tanks all made up, just needs to fit and mount them in place and then build my exhaust and fuel line for me. I'm excited to finally see progress on this thing and I'm sure you guys are too.

Name:  B8inxkt.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  1.80 MB

Name:  MFQ1noq.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  1.07 MB

Name:  VDkIWfE.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  1.37 MB

Name:  uwP3aEH.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  1.28 MB