Trozei's '69 F100 Build Thread - Page 110 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Trozei's '69 F100 Build Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 08:44 PM
bajafishnut
Posting Guru
bajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to behold
Welcome back amigo, long time no see... Keep well, and in closer touch when you have time...your build is special to a lot of us...

Baja

Old 08-02-2018, 09:16 PM
orich
Post Fiend
orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.orich has a great reputation on FTE.
Having the speed of an old senior takes for ever to get anything finish since we forget where we just laid a part down.
But when your a young man it can be from having to many girls at once or irons in the fire or is it vehicles play with.
We're all growing old an hope to see your fired up I-6 come a live one day soon.

A dream is a dream until it's been put into motion like you have done an kept at so far well done young man!

Orich

Old 08-02-2018, 10:42 PM
trozei
Postmaster
trozei has a great reputation on FTE.trozei has a great reputation on FTE.trozei has a great reputation on FTE.trozei has a great reputation on FTE.trozei has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by pgg00 View Post
I haven't been on in a while. I was hoping your rig was done. Glad you found that missing part before it would have been too late.

hackster is a good guy. That truck of his is awesome. Saw it and him at the kent racetrack a couple of years ago.
Sean actually just sold both of his bumpsides. One a few months back and the other (the patina-looking one with the red stripe) last weekend when somebody gave him an offer he couldn't refuse at the Goodguys show.

Originally Posted by GaryKip View Post
Glad to hear you're still kicking the parts around. You'll get it all done, don't rush it. Great pics from the work place. That VW buss had to be a boat load of work.
Haha, that Bus almost got kicked to the curb and lawyers almost had to get involved! They didn't like how high the bill was, but they did eventually pay. I won't give details but let's just say that it's in the six digits up to this point. They'll be wowed when it's done though.

The '73 Super Beetle has also been winning a lot of trophies at local shows.

Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA View Post
Glad to see you pop back in the Kingdom.
Howdy!

Originally Posted by bajafishnut View Post
Welcome back amigo, long time no see... Keep well, and in closer touch when you have time...your build is special to a lot of us...

Baja
I'll put more effort into keeping in touch!

Originally Posted by orich View Post
Having the speed of an old senior takes for ever to get anything finish since we forget where we just laid a part down.
But when your a young man it can be from having to many girls at once or irons in the fire or is it vehicles play with.
We're all growing old an hope to see your fired up I-6 come a live one day soon.

A dream is a dream until it's been put into motion like you have done an kept at so far well done young man!

Orich
Don't worry, that time will come! The motivation comes and goes but it never fully departs. I need to finish this before I'm off at flight school.

>> Okay, off to the garage I go to button up this engine once more! Shouldn't be too bad, just need to install lifters and set my valve lash.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:30 AM
JEFFFAFA
Post Fiend
JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by bajafishnut View Post

Baja
2X. I couldn't agree more.

Originally Posted by orich View Post

Orich
Now there is some darn good Words Of Wisdom. A BIG 2X here also.
I have said in the past years ago now Jackson. I'm as proud of you and your talents like you were my own Son. Like the job you did on the Beetle below. And I'll stand pat on those words.

Originally Posted by trozei View Post
Sean actually just sold both of his bumpsides. One a few months back and the other (the patina-looking one with the red stripe) last weekend when somebody gave him an offer he couldn't refuse at the Goodguys show.

I'll put more effort into keeping in touch!

Don't worry, that time will come! The motivation comes and goes but it never fully departs. I need to finish this before I'm off at flight school.

>> Okay, off to the garage I go to button up this engine once more! Shouldn't be too bad, just need to install lifters and set my valve lash.
I smell another Hackster build thread!g
Please do pop in more often with updates and pics.
SIX digits!? The blank check almost turned to rubber, eh?
Flight school? As in the Royal Canadian Air Force?

Old 08-08-2018, 12:53 AM
trozei
Postmaster
trozei has a great reputation on FTE.trozei has a great reputation on FTE.trozei has a great reputation on FTE.trozei has a great reputation on FTE.trozei has a great reputation on FTE.
I smell another Hackster build thread!g
Please do pop in more often with updates and pics.
SIX digits!? The blank check almost turned to rubber, eh?
Flight school? As in the Royal Canadian Air Force?
Haha, well I may as well give you guys something to look forward to! I'm working on a much smaller budget though, of course.

Almost every car I work on has about a quarter million into it when it's complete. We have zero issue being known as the most expensive shop around. We focus on quality and nothing less. We understand this exceeds most people's budgets but we'd rather chase perfection than appeasement, and despite the costs the jobs keep rolling in.

No, not planning on the RCAF right now but to be honest it would be the smarter decision because I'd always wanted to enlist, and in fact came very very close to a few years ago, and it would be more cost effective to be paid to go to flight school as opposed to paying to go to flight school. Dad is a helicopter pilot and grandpa was an RCAF pilot in the War. It's always been a childhood dream of mine. I love what I do now but I don't want to do it forever. I got into it to learn for myself as a hobby, because it was cheaper to go to school and teach myself to paint my truck than it was to pay someone to do it, and I'm confident in my abilities now and I'm ready to leave. There's always something to learn and I'll miss the opportunities to train, but it's not the life path I want to be on.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:13 AM
JEFFFAFA
Post Fiend
JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.JEFFFAFA has a spectacular reputation.
Haha, well I may as well give you guys something to look forward to! I'm working on a much smaller budget though, of course.

Almost every car I work on has about a quarter million into it when it's complete. We have zero issue being known as the most expensive shop around. We focus on quality and nothing less. We understand this exceeds most people's budgets but we'd rather chase perfection than appeasement, and despite the costs the jobs keep rolling in.

No, not planning on the RCAF right now but to be honest it would be the smarter decision because I'd always wanted to enlist, and in fact came very very close to a few years ago, and it would be more cost effective to be paid to go to flight school as opposed to paying to go to flight school. Dad is a helicopter pilot and grandpa was an RCAF pilot in the War. It's always been a childhood dream of mine. I love what I do now but I don't want to do it forever. I got into it to learn for myself as a hobby, because it was cheaper to go to school and teach myself to paint my truck than it was to pay someone to do it, and I'm confident in my abilities now and I'm ready to leave. There's always something to learn and I'll miss the opportunities to train, but it's not the life path I want to be on.
I think you ought to really investigate that and consider it again. I never did enlist either. Now I regret that. As Patriotic as I am I have always felt a bit guilty. Now I hang out at The American Legion Post #107 almost every single day. Have become an integral part of that Post. What I say, what I do, what I fix around there, what I build for the Post, etc. This past June I was voted in as the SAL (Sons of the American Legion) 1st Vice Commander. I went from Member all the way to 1st Vice in one step. Talking with all those Veterans, helping all the Vets and their families, and becoming so involved makes me feel even more guilty. But I get all puffy chested proud every time I walk in that Post. But I wish I could be a fellow Legionnaire rather than a SAL member.
You might be money ahead earning a good wage and paying for flight school. But you can't beat the plane you could be flying if you join.
Just my $.02 from my own life's experiences Jackson.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:34 PM
bajafishnut
Posting Guru
bajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to beholdbajafishnut is a splendid one to behold
You see what happens when you come back to the site amigo Trozei? Great photos, great builds, and great memory music from Orich and his gun truck.. Took me way back amigo. and love both the old Ma Deuce and that round gun...That is definitely lead down field... Did you use a snow plow for the spent brass? Love it all...

Baja

Old 08-09-2018, 11:52 AM
bajafishnut
Posting Guru
Well Jackson, with your internal inertia, and fortitude, any service branch would be more than happy to enlist you, and I bet you could practically write your own ticket to flight training. The very best pilots are military trained. Of course, I am a bit prejudiced towards the Navy, but all will admit, that landing on a carrier in rough seas, is the ultimate pilot skill, along with flying a rescue "Hair Dryer", (jet helicopter), in arctic gales.

Go for it amigo, while you are young and able...

Just my $0.2 also

Baja

Old 08-10-2018, 05:16 AM
GaryKip
Postmaster
GaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to behold
A little seat time before you join-up couldn't hurt. Nearly all of the U.S. military jet pilots are officers. The helicopter pilots are a mix of warrants, officers, and a few enlisted. So to fly, you need that degree, to make sure you get selected for flight training.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:47 AM
trozei
Postmaster
Quit reminding me of what I already know!! Haha... yes I've always felt guilty for not enlisting, I get it. Who knows, I'm still young and I seem to switch things up often! Not writing it off yet! Got my whole future ahead of me.

I finally found the only photo I took of my cam swap... I was surprised I didn't take more. Normally I do... perhaps my hands were greasy with cam grease. One is better than none though! This thread could use some photos after so long without.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:48 AM
GaryKip
Postmaster
GaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to beholdGaryKip is a splendid one to behold
Talking

Quit reminding me of what I already know!! Haha... yes I've always felt guilty for not enlisting, I get it. Who knows, I'm still young and I seem to switch things up often! Not writing it off yet! Got my whole future ahead of me.

I finally found the only photo I took of my cam swap... I was surprised I didn't take more. Normally I do... perhaps my hands were greasy with cam grease. One is better than none though! This thread could use some photos after so long without.
Did you have to threaten the engine with the pistol, to get the cam in? LOL, very nice looking. Both the pistol and the engine.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:09 AM
JEFFFAFA
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by GaryKip View Post
Did you have to threaten the engine with the pistol, to get the cam in? LOL, very nice looking. Both the pistol and the engine.
I think he's letting us know where he got the idea for that engine paint from.
Lookin' Good Jackson. Glad to see your thread pop back up again. Steve (Ultraranger) recently replaced his 240 which "died a violent death" with a 300. Part of that is using the same exhaust manifolds you are. You might check out his thread for how he did his exhaust. Not that you need to copy his, just for some thoughts and ideas.
FYI on your carb. Back in the day I had a 83 Mustang LX with the 302 H.O motor in it. I set up a 85 GT Holley 4180 600CFM carb on it. Ran like a scared rabbit and burned clean enough to pass emissions with #63 jets and a #30 secondary metering plate. #30 won't fit a Holley 4160. Closest thing to it is a #13 plate. You can go richer if you don't have to worry about emissions testing. To see if your 300 is comparable to my 302 it had the following.
Ported and polished cast iron heads.
Stock 83 302 H.O. cam but 1.72 ratio roller rockers. Factory 302s came with 1.6 ratio. So I added lift and duration to the factory profile.
Ford Motorsport long tube headers.
High flow cats ahead of a Flowmaster cat back 2 1/2" system.
Long yellow spring in the 4180's secondary diaphragm's housing.
Ford Motorsport aluminum intake. Which was a re-badged Edelbrock.
3.73 traction lock out back.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:35 AM
LACzar
Junior User
LACzar is starting off with a positive reputation.

Is that a Beretta 92 (M9A3) in desert tan? I remember carrying the first version in the desert.

_ Tony

Old 08-13-2018, 12:55 PM
hivoltj
Posting Guru
hivoltj is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
What? You can't have those in Canada!