Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

VA August End of Summer BS Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 10:16 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
Received 245 Likes on 237 Posts
Yes it would be Tim. IF I am going that big might as well go all the way and have a diesel in it. Still a few years off though. Want to save some money up after the current truck is payed for so I can put a nice down payment on one.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:23 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
Well lads, time for me to start packing stuff up for the day here at the office and head home. Have a great night everyone.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:25 PM
archtaan
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fire240
Yes it would be Tim. IF I am going that big might as well go all the way and have a diesel in it. Still a few years off though. Want to save some money up after the current truck is payed for so I can put a nice down payment on one.
Smart. Also your current truck can offset the cost some as well.

Originally Posted by fire240
Well lads, time for me to start packing stuff up for the day here at the office and head home. Have a great night everyone.
Later Shaun.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:26 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
it had a couple issues with it i really didnt like... yeah it was in nicer body shape... paint was scratch free... had 84K on the OD... nice clean engine... 2 fresh batteries.. dealer did full maintenance run around the engine for putting it up for sale (got to see the work order..)... KR model so had all the bells...

what i didnt like... It was RED!!!... A 5ft bed.. (not the 6 3/4 bed).. SRW... As much as i like leather seats they were grungy looking... and 2 of the tires had deep gouges in the sidewall and when i tried asking for them to put new tires in as part of the deal they said "sure" but then the price went up by $600 in the next offer...

the sales guy the whole time we were on the lot was going "well make a deal with you.. that price isnt set in stone.. we will come down for you"... but when we got the negotiations.. was more like "were not budging... FU"

Old 08-19-2014, 10:28 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by archtaan
Smart. Also your current truck can offset the cost some as well.
Thats what I was thinking Tim. Use the current for a trade after it is paid for so they wont have to tack what I owe on to the next truck. And a nice big down payment always helps.

Later Shaun.
Catch you tomorrow Tim.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:33 PM
dalenahan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
it had a couple issues with it i really didnt like... yeah it was in nicer body shape... paint was scratch free... had 84K on the OD... nice clean engine... 2 fresh batteries.. dealer did full maintenance run around the engine for putting it up for sale (got to see the work order..)... KR model so had all the bells...

what i didnt like... It was RED!!!... A 5ft bed.. (not the 6 3/4 bed).. SRW... As much as i like leather seats they were grungy looking... and 2 of the tires had deep gouges in the sidewall and when i tried asking for them to put new tires in as part of the deal they said "sure" but then the price went up by $600 in the next offer...

the sales guy the whole time we were on the lot was going "well make a deal with you.. that price isnt set in stone.. we will come down for you"... but when we got the negotiations.. was more like "were not budging... FU"
Sounds rough. Do you remember the salesman's name?

Old 08-19-2014, 10:35 PM
archtaan
Post Fiend

Ouch. Not cool. Also, I didnt know they came with such a short bed!

1st rule of negotiations, you have to establish dominance. That usually involves peeing on their leg.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:36 PM
archtaan
Post Fiend
Funny story, when I bought my most recent truck, the salesman told me I couldnt afford it and should get something else!

Old 08-19-2014, 10:39 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by dalenahan
Sounds rough. Do you remember the salesman's name?
not that i can remember.. im sure the cards floating around here somewhere though...before he showed me that one he showed me an f350 v10 after i told him i was looking for a diesel not a gasser.. was an ext cab not a crew... and the bed looked like waves breaking on the beach.. garbage bags were still in the bed... inside of the truck looked just as trashed...

his only comment about it "it hasnt gone through prep and detail yet.. itll clean up".... i wanted to walk off then.. but saw the red one from across the lot and went to look at it...

Old 08-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Ouch. Not cool. Also, I didnt know they came with such a short bed!

1st rule of negotiations, you have to establish dominance. That usually involves peeing on their leg.
2008 was the only year offered with the crew cab w/ 5.5' bed... they were built on the Std cab frames.... kind of a step up from a sport track but in a SD...

Old 08-19-2014, 10:45 PM
archtaan
Post Fiend
I guess there was a reason it was 1 year only. A huge truck with the bed the size of a Tacoma. How stupid is that!

Old 08-19-2014, 10:48 PM
dalenahan
Senior User
Funny story, when I bought my most recent truck, the salesman told me I couldnt afford it and should get something else!
Wow. What made him say that?

Old 08-19-2014, 10:51 PM
dalenahan
Senior User
not that i can remember.. im sure the cards floating around here somewhere though...before he showed me that one he showed me an f350 v10 after i told him i was looking for a diesel not a gasser.. was an ext cab not a crew... and the bed looked like waves breaking on the beach.. garbage bags were still in the bed... inside of the truck looked just as trashed...

his only comment about it "it hasnt gone through prep and detail yet.. itll clean up".... i wanted to walk off then.. but saw the red one from across the lot and went to look at it...
If I knew you wanted a diesel I wouldn't show you a V10. Makes no sense.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
tried looking on Cavaliers site... they havent posted pics of the sales team yet was hoping id recognize him...

Old 08-19-2014, 11:03 PM
dalenahan
Senior User
tried looking on Cavaliers site... they havent posted pics of the sales team yet was hoping id recognize him...
What does he look like?

Quick Reply: VA August End of Summer BS Thread.