Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Aug BS, Stories n Lies

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 08:57 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
My oldest is a junior this year and the middle girl is a sophomore. My youngest will be in middle school this year. I know all about time flying. ......I would STILL rather be at the shop fabbing parts than here waiting for the week to go by. If I didn't think I would **** everyone off, I'd be on a plane in an hour and let them finish out their vacation without me.

.....no, things aren't going like the vision I had in my head of what this week would be like.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:58 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
My oldest is a junior this year and the middle girl is a sophomore. My youngest will be in middle school this year. I know all about time flying. ......I would STILL rather be at the shop fabbing parts than here waiting for the week to go by. If I didn't think I would **** everyone off, I'd be on a plane in an hour and let them finish out their vacation without me.

.....no, things aren't going like the vision I had in my head of what this week would be like.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:10 AM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
My Grandpa always wanted to be home. He would even bring his own water when he came to town. I see me being more like him every year that goes by.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:30 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro

Good enough for now. Air cleaner turned out ok. But it made the rest of the engine bay look terrible! LOL

Old 08-05-2014, 03:38 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Air cleaner looks really good. I agree, now the rest looks kinda sad in comparison.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:48 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
jeff you cant just make one part look good!!!!!.... dont get me started. . ha ha ha ha ... no thats not true it is your truck and you can make it look however you want.. just look at my newest project... it is very ugly...but it is paid for and belongs to me ha ha ha ha ha

Old 08-05-2014, 10:09 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Yeah, I started a mess....it looks better than my whole truck's paint! Got me thinking....hmmmm

Old 08-06-2014, 12:21 AM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
I did keep the hood open all day so I could gaze upon that fancy painted air cleaner...lol!

Got the covers for the seatbelts (shoulder belts) painted and put back on. Got some sun visors painted and installed.

Gents, I ask that you send some prayers my way in the next week or so. I've got a interview with a good big company. I'm stepping away from my comfort zone on this one. I've been in L.E. my whole life, I've kicked in more doors than I care to remember, but I can't keep that up forever. I will still be using my investigation skills...just in a different capacity. I would appreciate the prayers. Jeff

Old 08-06-2014, 04:43 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
good morning missouri... good luck with the interview jeff...
well let me think about what to get done today.... if anything ha ha ha

Old 08-06-2014, 07:56 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Good luck Jeff! Good morning everybody else. I finally got plates on the GTA, they're historic plates but at least it is licensed and insured now. I also went to get the toolbox out of the cab of Ms Dent to start on it, blamed hornets/wasps, whatever they are, were having no part of that. Looks like a quick paint job on the bumper and ground effects for the GTA and then move the Bronco to the concrete.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:35 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Good luck with your interview Jeff, hope it all goes your way.
Look's like everybody has something going on, and staying busy, or hopefully out of trouble anyway.
SSDD here..... more box's getting filled for the move in the next few weeks.
We were hoping to meet with the owners last weekend and hand over some money and sign some paperwork. But they were late getting home from their Alaskan Cruise ().
So we're supposed to do that mess this Saturday morning and would like to get the ok to start bringing over some box's and make moving day easier.
Rich, be careful, Alan, try to enjoy the vacation, though I do know how you feel. Half way through our Tennessee vacation, I was ready to get into my own bed, and get my dog back from boarding. Well maybe the dog back more than my own bed.

Y'all behave.

Unk Bob

Old 08-06-2014, 08:53 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Good Morning Everybody!

Jeff. I hope you get the job. Good luck!

We're just passing the time away down here. I spent a little time in the pool yesterday. We couldn't get in the ocean because the hurricane off shore was making the rip tide crazy.

I am SO ready to get back to grinding metal when we get home.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:55 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Well, I may get my wish of going back to work tomorrow. I may have to do a timing belt and water pump in the Acura before we head home. That should be fun. I'm hoping it's something simple, but planning for the worst right now.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:12 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Thank you all for the thoughts. I have a telephone interview in the morning. Not sure how many phases there are for this job interview process.

chip, what are the limitations on historic plates?

Alan, oh no....at least your the guy to get it done without much of a mess while on vacation. :-) hope it goes smoothly.

I'm thinking of those led light bars behind the grill where it says Ford on my 77. 2 24 inch suckers. That would be pretty cool.

Ordered my led lighting for both my dents dashs today. I'm really loving this time off! Lol!

Old 08-07-2014, 01:22 AM
1975MudRat
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Everyone! Its been a long long time since I've stopped in and hollered at you all you guys! I was wondering if any of you know anyone up near St. Joe, Mo with a supercab 73-79 ford with a flat bed with a diesel in it.

Quick Reply: Aug BS, Stories n Lies