Sponsored by:

Iron Cross Running Boards group buy thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 10:17 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlkEX
What is the cost? If you get all these ppl in on the deal? I might be in if I know what am spending? Zip 77450
Price updated in first post.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:33 AM
Pele
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
How do these Iron Cross running boards attach? Do they go to a Frame/Body mount or do they use the same mounts as the stock units?

Are they stronger than stock?

Old 07-31-2014, 12:45 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Bumping for pricing additions to the first post

Old 07-31-2014, 01:02 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Pele
How do these Iron Cross running boards attach? Do they go to a Frame/Body mount or do they use the same mounts as the stock units?
http://www.carid.com/images/iron-cro...structions.pdf

Originally Posted by Pele
Are they stronger than stock?
Good Lord yes, just look at them... there is no way these are going anywhere. I would go out on a limb and say you might even be able to use them as a jacking point in an emergency... anyone agree? I think the main issue would be the mounting hardware more than anything though. As long as you are running good nuts and bolts and everything is reinforced well they should hold damn near anything. If I am incorrect though please tell me as ignorance is dangerous.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:33 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
And here I am broke in the play money department after buying parts for the 496 BBC I'm building for the Chevelle... ugh. Mark, I feel that you should increase your order number to a quantity of 2 Those are some sweet looking steps.

Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Good Lord yes, just look at them... there is no way these are going anywhere. I would go out on a limb and say you might even be able to use them as a jacking point in an emergency... anyone agree? I think the main issue would be the mounting hardware more than anything though. As long as you are running good nuts and bolts and everything is reinforced well they should hold damn near anything. If I am incorrect though please tell me as ignorance is dangerous.
Unless my maths are wrong, jacking up an 8300lbs truck on running boards that are held on with five measily 5/16 bolts regardless of Grade would prove to be a really, REALLY bad idea. Not to mention they install in the stock body panel and pinchweld, which I doubt would be beefy enough to take the stress and weight and leverage exerted.
Rock sliders (aftermarket) on Jeeps and such can be used as a jack point, but they are designed to take the vehicles weight slamming down on them against a rock, and not just the weight of some fatty getting into their rig. My rock sliders mounted using 10 Gr-8 11/16 bolts on the main feet, and 5 Gr-8 9/16 bolts down the pinchseam. They also had a support bar that ran tight against the rocker panel and under the body to dispersed the weight and impact forces.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:37 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
Mark, I feel that you should increase your order number to a quantity of 2 Those are some sweet looking steps.

Okay, done you get the military discount.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:02 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
Okay, done you get the military discount.
Outstanding, thanks good buddy

Old 07-31-2014, 10:13 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
What's the number? Yes, I am buying Krazee Matt's also. He is in Houston area.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Unless my maths are wrong, jacking up an 8300lbs truck on running boards that are held on with five measily 5/16 bolts regardless of Grade would prove to be a really, REALLY bad idea. Not to mention they install in the stock body panel and pinchweld, which I doubt would be beefy enough to take the stress and weight and leverage exerted.
Rock sliders (aftermarket) on Jeeps and such can be used as a jack point, but they are designed to take the vehicles weight slamming down on them against a rock, and not just the weight of some fatty getting into their rig. My rock sliders mounted using 10 Gr-8 11/16 bolts on the main feet, and 5 Gr-8 9/16 bolts down the pinchseam. They also had a support bar that ran tight against the rocker panel and under the body to dispersed the weight and impact forces.
I was thinking that these used grade 8 bolts as well and for some reason was thinking that they bolted to the frame, not the pinch welds. I'm sure you could jack from them.... once

So are we up to 30 now? Medcac is buying mine and like 15 others now so what are we up to?

Old 08-01-2014, 12:21 AM
jazz77
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Count me in. I'm assuming I would be able to use my Paypal account?

Ship to 58538

Old 08-01-2014, 12:29 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by jazz77
Count me in. I'm assuming I would be able to use my Paypal account?
Yes they do

Old 08-01-2014, 05:42 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
So are we up to 30 now? Medcac is buying mine and like 15 others now so what are we up to?
^^^ No Smilies ^^^^^

Uh no, I am paying for two (2) only.

Looks like nine total?

Old 08-01-2014, 08:00 AM
Pele
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
After looking at the instructions above, I agree.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:37 AM
tsmall07
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely not a jack point, but very cool. Not the right time for me right now, however.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Mecdac, you are seriously in for 2. Just making sure.

EDIT: Just re-read your previous post again (and paid it actual attention) so I got you down for 2 now What's the zip for the set bound for Houston?

Quick Reply: Iron Cross Running Boards group buy thread