Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor pan suggestions! Rust free truck is a little rusty...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 01:42 AM
Truck Guy99
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Floor pan suggestions! Rust free truck is a little rusty...

Where is the best place to get new floor pans that actually fit right besides lmc? I've looked at bronco graveyard and they look good but are they really? I pulled back the carpet in the front driver side of my truck for the first time today and I probably could've vacuumed the floor out of it. I don't even know what's holding up my feet. Thankfully my rockers, cab supports, crossmembers, corners, drip rails, etc are in good shape with no rot. I was expecting solid pans because this thing has spent its life in the desert. Im a little disappointed but that's how it goes. I'm sure you guys up north are thinking "Why is this kid complaining about a floor pan? At least he's got rockers and door bottoms!" I plan to repaint this truck and am gathering sheet metal parts but I wasn't expecting this so I need these parts ASAP. Is bronco graveyard a good place for floor pans or should I go elsewhere? I've also been looking at Sherman parts but again I've no experience with them. Lastly, do front floor pans differ between single, extended, and crew cab?

Old 07-24-2014, 01:55 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Truck Guy99
Where is the best place to get new floor pans that actually fit right besides lmc? I've looked at bronco graveyard and they look good but are they really? I pulled back the carpet in the front driver side of my truck for the first time today and I probably could've vacuumed the floor out of it. I don't even know what's holding up my feet. Thankfully my rockers, cab supports, crossmembers, corners, drip rails, etc are in good shape with no rot. I was expecting solid pans because this thing has spent its life in the desert. Im a little disappointed but that's how it goes. I'm sure you guys up north are thinking "Why is this kid complaining about a floor pan? At least he's got rockers and door bottoms!" I plan to repaint this truck and am gathering sheet metal parts but I wasn't expecting this so I need these parts ASAP. Is bronco graveyard a good place for floor pans or should I go elsewhere? I've also been looking at Sherman parts but again I've no experience with them. Lastly, do front floor pans differ between single, extended, and crew cab?
Yes, there's some variation to the 3 different cab styles.

The Standard Cab/ Crewcabs seem to have the same (Front) floor pans; Whereas Bronco's and Ext. Cabs seem to have similar pans.

Have you tried Dennis Carpenter?

Old 07-24-2014, 02:20 AM
Truck Guy99
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
Have you tried Dennis Carpenter?
No. Please add detail

Old 07-24-2014, 07:28 AM
F350 1990
Fleet Mechanic
Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Truck Guy99

Multiple vendors (e.g. raybuck.com, lmc --$29/per floor pan) provide floor panels but most, if not all, of these aftermarket panels are very thin compared to your originals. You'd be better off cutting a set out of a bronco or f-series in the bone yard......or, better still fabricate your own:

How To Build Your Own Custom Floorpan and Transmission Tunnel - Popular Hot Rodding