Notices

Lots of questions'

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 05:51 PM
lakerat_62788
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of questions'

hey, i just recently bought a used 1992 ford f-150 ex-cab. and i need a bunch of info on it. Ok here it is

1. i am planning on getting new wheels but i cant find the lug pattern, my wheels are stock right now, if any of you know the original lug pattern could you please tell me.

2. what are the biggest wheels that can be an easy install (something like 22's) but i dont want them sticking out the side of the wheel well, suggestions?

3. shaved doors- what do you put in the hole where the last doorhandle was?

4. roll pan- does anyone know of a site that has a picture of a truck like mine that has a rollpan and shaved tailgate?

5. airbags- would it be hard to install airbags on my truck?

6. I know of a several trucks that have excalade(spelling?) front end, is there a front end like that that would flow with my pickup?

thanks for reading if you would- answer 1 or all of the questions- your halp would be greatly appricitated

Lakerat_62788

Last edited by lakerat_62788; 07-10-2003 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:29 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lots of questions'

Welcome to FTE Lakerat!!

I can tackle most of these for you:

1 & 2) I am not sure of the lug pattern itself, but if you go to TireRack.com, you can pull up your vehicle and change the rims on the screen to see what will look the best. I do know a 22x9 will fit - a friend had them on his 97 F150. Check out the Wheels and Tires Forum here. I'm sure there are some users that can help on exact sizes and spacing.

3) You might want to try the Bodywork Forum for specifics on shaving doorhandles. You have to have a kit to move the door release and actuator, plus some bondo and fiberglass work to cover the spacing.

4) Don't know - would like to see that for myself !

5) Airbags are not that bad if you are mechanically inclined and feel comfortable working on suspensions. If you have never changed coil springs, or done any welding and fabricating, I suggest letting a shop do the work for you. When working around coil springs, leaf springs, etc, you can get hurt very quickly if you are not sure how the parts are going to react to what you are doing.

6) I don't know about they front clip size - if some of the measurements are the same as the newer models - but you could check into Expedition and Lincoln Navigator front clips to change with. My personal opinion, before I changed the entire front clip, I would look at a couple aftermarket dealers like Stillen.com and others for different grilles and bumper covers, spoilers, ground effects, etc.
You can get a much cleaner look for a lot less money that way...

I hope some of this helps. Take a look around FTE. We ahve forums set up for just about anything you can think of - from your year truck to Appearance to Oil and Lubrications. Plus we have state chapters so you can maybe meet people in your area and enjoy some fun there...

Good Luck!!!

Last edited by CobraXP; 07-11-2003 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:26 AM
steve83
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Lots of questions'

1) 5-on-5.5"

6) I doubt it. That body style ended before the Avalanche came out, and not many people were doing that kind of stuff back then.