Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7" Headrest Monitor Install

Old 09-09-2014, 08:13 PM
sessland
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by HockeyGoalie29
Which head unit did you go with? And, assuming you've wired it all up by now, how do you like the setup? Any more pics?

And nice job. If it were me that first cut would have been nerve racking. Would love to try the same thing, but don't know if I could bring myself to make that first cut into perfectly good leather. The wrath I'd get from the wife if I screwed it up would be legendary...heh.
Well....to make a long story VERY short, the ol' if it's too good to be true adage comes into play.

I got burned on the head unit I ordered and was lucky that I got my money back from eBay, so I'm back at square one.

This is what I got in the mail instead

The wife asked me "What was in there?"

Turns out to be a plug that fits in the bottom of the older style ipod/phone connector.

On a more pleasant note, I did get my video amplifier so I'm set for up to 8 outputs

I've been a little busy to dedicate time to the stereo project because there is quite a bit that I want done in one shot.

I figure if I have to run the wires under the carpet, then I might as well power wash the carpet, clean up any rust that's on the floor or the truck and run the wires.

It would be nice to do the sound deadening while I have the carpet out, but my accountant says it's either Android head unit OR sound deadener.

I've been slowly buying paint supplies and I also have an extra unexpected expense on the horizon as Schoolbus hasn't been very happy since "the engine got wet". I think I'll just bite the bullet and get a set of new plugs and coils.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:08 PM
HockeyGoalie29
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superdave02f552
I think I can I have to go look on the email cause I deleted them off the phone but if I have them I most defiantly will pm me your email
Thanks Dave, it looks like my forum account is still in diapers because I can't send a PM for another 10 days...but my email is HockeyGoalie29 at msn dot com.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:20 PM
HockeyGoalie29
New User
Originally Posted by Sessland
Well....to make a long story VERY short...
That does sound like it would be a good story, and definitely won't be the last time somebody gets burned on fleecebay.

I've been a little busy to dedicate time to the stereo project because there is quite a bit that I want done in one shot.
You sound like you have the same "if I'm gonna do A, I might as well do B at the same time" disease that I have. Good luck getting it all done, and it sounds like it's all going to be worth it when you've got it up and running. Oh, and we most definitely have the same accountant!

Old 09-10-2014, 05:48 AM
Larry Grimes
Freshman User
Video

I have the same set up as you.I was nerves cutting my Eddie B leather seats.I also have a over head connected to system.I also installed a kenwood head system with back up camera.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:04 AM
sessland
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
That does sound like it would be a good story, and definitely won't be the last time somebody gets burned on fleecebay.

You sound like you have the same "if I'm gonna do A, I might as well do B at the same time" disease that I have. Good luck getting it all done, and it sounds like it's all going to be worth it when you've got it up and running. Oh, and we most definitely have the same accountant!
I was raised back when things made sense and a man was able to "remind" and younger man what his short comings were.

Aaahhh I can hear the screaming now "DO THE JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!! THIS ISN'T THE UNION!!!"

Old 09-10-2014, 05:04 PM
superdave02f552
More Turbo
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Dave, it looks like my forum account is still in diapers because I can't send a PM for another 10 days...but my email is HockeyGoalie29 at msn dot com.

LOL ok i got you