FICM - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

FICM

Old 07-14-2014, 11:15 PM
New User

Blueblood4evr is starting off with a positive reputation.
FICM

Have a 04, 6.0, had it scanned the FICM was losing voltage. I was told to replace it, dealership to expensive. Any recommendations of a place to get a good rebuild?
Old 07-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Postmaster

78fordman has a good reputation on FTE.78fordman has a good reputation on FTE.78fordman has a good reputation on FTE.
Ed at FICMrepair.com I have personally used his service and he repairs your unit to better than new condition.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:05 AM
Senior User

LionFan is starting off with a positive reputation.
X2 for FICMrepair.com
I just recently had mine repaired by him and my Ex runs better than ever. If you have any questions just give him a call or PM him, he'll answer any questions you may have.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:29 AM
Senior User

wildcat421 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Another vote for Ed. Had his ultimate service with warranty and the atlas 40 tune. Much better turbo response and the truck runs better than new now. And he is quick.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:00 AM
New User

Thanks for the referral. I am new to owning a diesel. I have heard some of the horror stories of these 6.0's in the F-350. The truck ran great. I am impressed with this truck. Thanks for helping out a newbie.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:30 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
Welcome to FTE.

I have a FICM I hope to be sending off to Ed very soon.

Have you had a look at the Tech Folder?

Sean
Old 07-15-2014, 06:18 AM
Senior User

Be sure to do a forum search on here about the Ficm and understand what caused yours to go bad. Usually bad batteries is what kills a Ficm. Ficmrepair.com has a good page that explains what to test before putting on your newly rebuilt ficm. Be sure your battery voltage is good.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:13 AM
New User

Thanks wildcat, I replaced the batteries already. I bought this used and really didn't have any kind of service history from the previous owner. I had it scanned from a friend who works at a Ford dealership garage. According to his computer everything is checking out good but the FICM. It starts out at 48 volts, then when cranking drops beyond 30 volts.
Now I just have to take it out and send it to ED.
Again, thanks for the info and helping me out.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Senior User

If you need your truck for $50.00 Ed has an exchange program. For $50.00 extra Ed sent me a ficm I received it in 2 days and swapped it out and sent Ed my old one. Yes its $50 bucks more but I need my truck. Well worth it for me, no down time at all.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:33 AM
New User

Ed seems like he has a great business going for him. I am taking your advice. I need my truck, it has been down way to long.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:59 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Yahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputationYahiko has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat421 View Post
Be sure to do a forum search on here about the Ficm and understand what caused yours to go bad. Usually bad batteries is what kills a Ficm. Ficmrepair.com has a good page that explains what to test before putting on your newly rebuilt ficm. Be sure your battery voltage is good.
Along with the rest of the changing system. The 6.0 Engine can be hard
on the batteries.

Sean
Old 07-15-2014, 05:33 PM
SPONSOR

FICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to beholdFICMrepair.com is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the kudos, guys! Yep, ship that module on across - we'll take amazing care of you!! Please also pull that alternator and have it bench tested just to ensure its health before you install any replacement module.

We now stock DC Power's 185 amp OEM series and their 270XP series of alternators so could ship those out same day if need be. There's a great conversation on alternators under items 13 and 14 on our maintenance tips page on FICMrepair.com if that helps!
2005 Excursion 6.0 PSD. RAS, 4" MBRP T409, Edge Insight CTS, ScanGauge II, coolant filter, DELO ELC, upgraded FICM from FICMrepair.com, SCT, blue spring upgrade, trans bypass filter, Rancho 9000XL's, SS ESOF lines, Rotella 5W40, Clifford Remote Start, Prodigy.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:02 AM
New User

I want to thank you guys for pointing me in the right directions with your suggestions. I took off my FICM last night, which was a pain in the rear, and I will be sending it to ED today hopefully.
Again thanks for all the help.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Posting Guru

f250rangerexplorer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm also a previous customer of Ed's and couldn't be any happier with the way ive been treated and the product he turned out. He actually cares about your situation and wants your business. I've referred him to many local people in my town and everyone has been happy with his services. A stand up guy no doubt!

I got the Atlas 40 tune and wouldnt hesitate to go with it again. When i tow its very heavy. It has been very nice to have less lag and pick up about 2.4 mpg running average.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:07 PM
New User

Thanks Aaron,
I have heard a lot of great things about Ed. So far I really enjoy my truck. Thanks to all of you guys helping me out with this problem. I am glad that I joined FTE.
Steve