1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

LOL epa says rolling coal is illegal

Old 07-10-2014, 07:42 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
If Nobama didn't do what he was told to do, 'they' would give him a ride thru downtown Dallas in a convertible! When I'm pulling my train as seen below, there are times when I roll coal but don't mean to. I have stopped using a certain tuners chip because of it and try to keep the smoke down but trying is not going to satisfy the EPA. There is so much going on in the world that makes our little cars and trucks emissions look very small in comparison but I will not get into it.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:35 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
If Nobama didn't do what he was told to do, 'they' would give him a ride thru downtown Dallas in a convertible! When I'm pulling my train as seen below, there are times when I roll coal but don't mean to. I have stopped using a certain tuners chip because of it and try to keep the smoke down but trying is not going to satisfy the EPA. There is so much going on in the world that makes our little cars and trucks emissions look very small in comparison but I will not get into it.
Yeah Glenn, I could not agree with you more on all accounts. That convertible ride is a doozie!! LOL!!!

Old 07-10-2014, 12:45 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just for the record, I think rolling coal just for the sake of rolling coal is stupid but that's just my opinion. And I thought in America if you wanted to be stupid, its your right to be stupid. I mean once in a while for fun, OK, but I know a couple of guys that live for blowing smoke at pedestrians and those are the people making us all look bad. Blowing smoke because your trying to make it up a mountain, or get up to speed, or to send a signal to a tailgater is fine by me, but you are proving yourself to be an idiot by blowing smoke in granny's face while she waits to cross the street.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Gicknordon
Fleet Mechanic
Received 66 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by cowmilker08
Just for the record, I think rolling coal just for the sake of rolling coal is stupid but that's just my opinion. And I thought in America if you wanted to be stupid, its your right to be stupid. I mean once in a while for fun, OK, but I know a couple of guys that live for blowing smoke at pedestrians and those are the people making us all look bad. Blowing smoke because your trying to make it up a mountain, or get up to speed, or to send a signal to a tailgater is fine by me, but you are proving yourself to be an idiot by blowing smoke in granny's face while she waits to cross the street.
I completely agree with this. Its always the idiots that ruin it for everyone.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:01 AM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Seems there may be something we can do.. Looks a little far fetched but I'd urge you to participate.. You cant just write "no" its got to be a sentence...

Im not a part of any other Diesel forums but if any of you are I'd urge you to post this link there, we need to go viral with this stuff!!

The employees of EPA are trying to fast-track a rule to take effect September 2nd that gives them the power to garnish your wages without a court order.
An employee of the EPA is only required to accuse you of breaking an EPA regulation in order to attach your wages.
This rule cannot go into effect if there is enough "adverse public reaction" by August 1st.
Like me, if you and everyone you know protests this rule, we will stop it from taking effect.

What to do:

Go to: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=EPA-HQ-OA-2014-0012-0002
- when the two EPA rules come up, click the "Comment Now" button and SAY NO!!!!
- share this email and tell everyone to help protect ourselves from this EPA power grab

Old 07-13-2014, 07:24 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,081 Likes on 2,151 Posts
no politics talking in the general forums guys.
politics talk is reserved for the club.

and i agree with the epa rulings. it is against the law to modify the emissions controls of a vehicle. "rolling coal" to "look cool" is really really stupid, and the only way to stop this is to enforce the laws.

all it takes is one idiot in a truck filling a car up with black smoke causing the driver to loose control and kill someone and all bets will be off where diesel exhaust is concerned.

a properly tuned engine does not make any smoke.
if you are not willing to do it rite, don't do it at all..

Old 07-13-2014, 08:10 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by coreyallan01
This rule cannot go into effect if there is enough "adverse public reaction" by August 1st. Like me, if you and everyone you know protests this rule, we will stop it from taking effect.
You're joking right? Trust me, they don't care about public opinion. Maybe to build a database, but that's not news.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:19 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Easier said then done Tom. I've tried for ten years now to get the most power out of my engine with the least amount of smoke. I've come a long ways but it will still smoke, mostly driver error if I don't have the R's up enough. The chip I was referring to would smoke right from the dead stop just barely pushing down. Smoking is embarrassing to me, when people see my truck smoke, I think they are thinking I have a old piece of Shi!!

Old 07-13-2014, 09:13 AM
quesey
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cowmilker08
or to send a signal to a tailgater
That and that car trying to merge onto the highway while I'm in the lane and cant get over blowing his horn for me to move

They get the switch turned up

Old 07-13-2014, 10:18 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,081 Likes on 2,151 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Easier said then done Tom. I've tried for ten years now to get the most power out of my engine with the least amount of smoke. I've come a long ways but it will still smoke, mostly driver error if I don't have the R's up enough. The chip I was referring to would smoke right from the dead stop just barely pushing down. Smoking is embarrassing to me, when people see my truck smoke, I think they are thinking I have a old piece of Shi!!
there is a big difference between a loaded down rig like you have and a jacked up pos with massive tires blacking out an intersection Glenn.

when people see you pulling a hill blowing a little smoke they think wow, that truck is really working.
when they see junior in his jacked up POS smoking out an intersection because he thinks it looks cool, they think what a douchnozzle.

i can make my truck smoke very easy if i turn up the power, but i keep it set where it only gives a very slight haze on full throttle.
in 80E tune it will smoke the tires off the rims if i want it to, but it does not blow smoke.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Motroo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My .02 cents worth. We have rights, we have needs, and often times they simply don't go hand in hand. People who go around "rolling coal" just to do it, is, has, will eventually lead to problems for all of us. It's kind of like freedom of speech. You have the right to free speech, but you also have the right to shut the hell up. Pretty simple. The government is simply stupid now, not much can change that, but we still have the right to take the high road.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:46 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Yiu don't see any DPF/DEF systems on top of Burger King
Just saying
Pollution From Burgers Worse Than From Diesel Trucks, Study Says (VIDEO)

Old 07-14-2014, 12:26 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by fordpride
Yiu don't see any DPF/DEF systems on top of Burger King Just saying Pollution From Burgers Worse Than From Diesel Trucks, Study Says (VIDEO)
True story

Old 07-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Give 'em time, Gentlemen

Old 07-13-2016, 04:57 PM
Collision
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If rolling coal is your thing, whatever. But it does get annying when idiots do it through an intersection or traffic just to get attention. I dont mind if you are pulling a trailer or merging into traffic and you need the extra "juice". Screw the epa, they were saying s*** like you cant pull the catalytic converter off a race car. Like a miata you turned into a track only car.