IDI for crazy European

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IDI for crazy European

Hi guys,
as some of u know, I am obsessed with IDI pick up for over a year, but nothing around here to be worth of. I am comming to States on September, giving it a good try to buy IDI. I am flying to Oregon, Portland, staying a while in Astoria Oregon, travelling to Seattle, Washington and then going down though Utah to Arizona, maybe California. I am asking for faciliating a purchase, although I do not know anything about transferring title to my name if it is even possible and all these small details, insurance costs, title costs and such. And I understand it varies through the states.My choice is F250 extended cab or F350 crew cab long bed IDI,It must be 7th generation only, 4x4, 3.55 axles,SRW, zf5 but that I am dreaming too much I know, the tranny really does not matter.If it is bone stock, marvelous. Do not need upgrades, big wheels, turbo. However as almost no parts here, it has to be straight, undamaged interior, all small details undamaged. Little rust is ok, but preferably rust free. If u live in States I will be driving through, any help is more than welcome. I can help with uncommon things from Europe in Exchange for help.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Jan (Romel77)

Old 07-07-2014, 09:47 PM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jan, I know Jonathan is helping you out, and I can keep my eyes open around these parts as well, we have a decent amount of IDI trucks out this way.

What is your total budget for the purchase and transport? I know the transport will likely be more than the truck itself... The Titling fee's all all that jazz (at least on the US end) will be chump change, I don't know what sort of Czech stuff you will have to deal with, Id look into that before anything.

Hopefully we can find you something good and set you up nicely before you take everything back to Europe.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:01 PM
hairyboxnoogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ive been watching, but i live in the middle of nowhere, and i dont get out much. But ive been browsing craigslist and listening.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:18 PM
88 Ford IDI
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jan, check out the Idaho Craigslist. I know IDIs pop up pretty often. Mike used to live there but he might be able to come across one like he said. They are all over the place in the Boise and Twin Falls area. I would keep an eye out for you in San Diego but I will be deploying soon so that won't help you much. I hope you find what you are looking for. It will be a great truck for you when you finally get one!

Old 07-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
I will have max 4 grand in my pocket for the IDI itself, the container to Europe from LA costs 1500 bucks plus some bucks for loading, unloading and paper work, Here the fees are 45 percent of the price and transport plus around 500 bucks to get it registered, so the whole thing should end up around 8-9 grand. It will arive to Bremerhafen, Germany and I want to drive it home with German transport ID plates which are 200 bucks for a week. I have seen some nice trucks, at least looked like nice ones in Oregon around 3000 dollars, for example the LA one Jonathan found was a steal for 2400 bucks. The ideal plan is to buy one at the beginning of the trip and drive it around and down to Jonathan, then probably leave it there and ship it later. When somebody finds a good one I can trasfer money for the purchase and pick it up? Just a thought. However there are none at the moment on craiglist. I just thought there might be some deals localy where u guys live, not even showing in the adds.
Justin I kind of plan stopping by u if u dont find it disturbing and seeing smoggie and u in person. Feel free to say no, just an idea for the trip.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:04 PM
hairyboxnoogle
Lead Driver
holy ****.... 45% that is robbery!

Old 07-08-2014, 12:13 AM
Red454sedgwick
Posting Guru
I wish you luck, I'm not on your way, but if I find something nice I'll post it, I like truck shopping.
I get why too I'm dreaming of a diesel Toyota pickup,

Old 07-08-2014, 12:14 AM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Romel77

Justin I kind of plan stopping by u if u dont find it disturbing and seeing smoggie and u in person. Feel free to say no, just an idea for the trip.
That's fine Jan, Im not a huge operation, just remember, Im just an IDI guy that started a business out of his garage... R&D is run out of my shop 50ft from my house, and my wife and I would be glad to have you over... But Im sure the beer wont be to your standards .....

That being said, I should have Smogie well on the road again by then, as long as its not blown up, LOL....

Old 07-08-2014, 01:49 AM
Romel77
More Turbo
Thanks Justin,I sure will stop by. I am about to build a shop next to my house and start restoring old cars. And I bring original Pilsner with me,do not worry u get some. And original Budweiser as well.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:11 AM
Romel77
More Turbo
Sedgwick I would not bother with Toyota, diesel Ranger would be worth importing,they have Toyota engines, find out if u get the ID plates and what all is needed for registering an European car and we can work something out.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Chevy_Eater
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by hairyboxnoogle
holy ****.... 45% that is robbery!
Kalifornia would be proud.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Red454sedgwick
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Romel77
Sedgwick I would not bother with Toyota, diesel Ranger would be worth importing,they have Toyota engines, find out if u get the ID plates and what all is needed for registering an European car and we can work something out.
I want to do a engine swap, What little homework I've done so far the Mitsubishi 4d55 and 4d56 will bolt to American transmissions because the 4d55 came factory in a few little pickups in the 80s.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:09 PM
hairyboxnoogle
Lead Driver
The mitso was in the D50 and the Ranger wasnt it? If ive got it right, the 2.2 mitsu then the 2.3 perkins turbo. But i might have them backwards.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:08 AM
akamacgyver
Clueless spectator!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
New Mexico is not on your route, but this sounds like what you are looking for.

1985 Ford F-350 6.9L Diesel 4 x 4 Pickup Banks Turbo

Good luck,

Mac.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:23 AM
akamacgyver
Clueless spectator!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is another, not in great shape, but not many 30 year old trucks are. The price is right.

1986 Ford F-350 Crew cab 7.3 diesel 4X4

Quick Reply: IDI for crazy European