Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBP valve and line

Old 06-25-2014, 11:32 AM
RobertJohn
Elder User
RobertJohn is starting off with a positive reputation.
EBP valve and line

I recently watched a video on cleaning the EBP valve and line.
Is this something that needs to be cleaned if your not having any
problems ?
The video says it will improve MPG, is this correct ? If so how much ?
Thanks

Old 06-25-2014, 01:12 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RobertJohn View Post
I recently watched a video on cleaning the EBP valve and line.
Is this something that needs to be cleaned if your not having any
problems ?
The video says it will improve MPG, is this correct ? If so how much ?
Thanks
Several years ago I cleaned mine out, and it was pretty much completely clogged. I instantly gained 1.5 mph, hand calculated. Thanks for the reminder, need to do it again!

Old 06-25-2014, 01:19 PM
JOHN2001
Postmaster
JOHN2001 has much to be proud ofJOHN2001 has much to be proud ofJOHN2001 has much to be proud ofJOHN2001 has much to be proud ofJOHN2001 has much to be proud ofJOHN2001 has much to be proud ofJOHN2001 has much to be proud ofJOHN2001 has much to be proud of
It can and will cause problems. Most of the time you'll never know if it's a problem until you clean it. If everything is clean and clear when you take it apart you're not going to see any difference in anything. If it's caked with soot and you clean it you may see some power back you lost over time and maybe some mpg improvements.

Just do it if you haven't... Improvements are based off of you and your truck so between 0-5 mpg and that's a guess

Old 06-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Pikachu
Post Fiend
Pikachu has much to be proud ofPikachu has much to be proud ofPikachu has much to be proud ofPikachu has much to be proud ofPikachu has much to be proud ofPikachu has much to be proud ofPikachu has much to be proud ofPikachu has much to be proud ofPikachu has much to be proud of
When I pulled my engine to change it, I found that the stock tube was welded seam construction, and the seam was on the back of it. I was going to pull the tube and put it on the replacement engine, but the seam had rusted through in a spot I never would have been able to see with it installed and in the truck.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Amicus
Elder User
Amicus is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
After reading about it here and seeing the youtube video I checked mine and I was glad I did. Mine had a crack along the back side and was completely clog up. I purchased a new sensor and tube. It seems to run smoother and quiter now. Hoping my gas mileage increases as well.

Gilbert

Old 06-27-2014, 05:01 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1
A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
The valve and tube are unrelated. The video talks about cleaning the sensor and tube. Lets just be sure we clear that up early

The ebp valve is on the turbo.