2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

What do you want to see on the 2016 truck?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 02:52 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
half realistic:

-old style dually fenders

-I'll join with the locking fuel door

-I don't mind the big grille but I'd restyle the insert

-lose all the "SUPER DUTY" lettering, if you can't tell it's a friggin' superduty on sight you don't give a damn what it is.

-also like to see an STX variant on the SD or else a sport package of some sort.

-all trucks with high quality spray in liners or a tacoma-style alternative material bed

-I'd say extra rust and corrosion protection but they'd use junk that'd make it worse so I won't

I know it's all but sure to never happen but I'll state anyway:

-agree on the 6th gen throwback, like to see it on the 150 as well

-manual trans

-extra long bed

-full solid bench seat

-etc

Old 07-31-2014, 12:52 PM
benjarrell
New User
Originally Posted by deerefarmer2
How about a better warranty, when you spend $60K+ for a truck, it should have a better warranty than 3/36 and 5/60 powertrain. at least 5/60 bumper and 5/100 for powertrain and 6/150 for engine.
I'm with you on this.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:12 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As simple as it is, I would love to see a seperate, simple to operate, cargo light switch...

Old 08-12-2014, 03:09 PM
mebe2k
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but these trucks need more passenger side foot room.. Have ridden in the passenger seat of my 2011.. There is hardly any foot/leg room.. Can't stretch out my left leg..

Old 08-12-2014, 07:11 PM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would agree, that's one of my wifes biggest complaints. Sometimes she sits in the back because the front is too cramped.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:24 PM
cirrus
New User
Coming from a 2011 SD, I would like to see upgraded electronics. really hate that on a 70k fully loaded truck I get a cheap and not very functional head unit. $500 aftermarket head unit system is several generations more advanced. Can never understand why only a few car manufacturers keep up with the current tech on audio/nav systems. The tech on my Honda minivan is light years ahead of my SD.

For those of us that use this as a mobile office and a long hauler it would be a nice feature. The new Ford my touch came out after I got my 2011, so have only had limited exposure to it. maybe it hits the mark. Anyone compare the new Mytouch with the current offerings from pioneer/alpine?

Old 08-12-2014, 11:40 PM
cirrus
New User
And of course, an Excursion...

Old 08-13-2014, 02:56 PM
nojoke327
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would like to see an active electronic awd system like most modern awd cars have. It would be nice to be able to put power to the wheels that grip. I would keep the option to unlock the hubs but even a awd system like the expedition or explorer would be an upgrade in my opinion

Old 08-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Scorpion67
Elder User
Originally Posted by nojoke327
I would like to see an active electronic awd system like most modern awd cars have. It would be nice to be able to put power to the wheels that grip. I would keep the option to unlock the hubs but even a awd system like the expedition or explorer would be an upgrade in my opinion
That requires a center differential, which then requires its own locker for it to be as good off-road as a part-time 4x4. So adding weight, cost, parasitic loss, and reducing acceleration/throttle response. I say don't do it.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:43 PM
GVS
Senior User
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
How about a just plain-jane back to basics 3/4 ton short bed with a standard trans, roll-up windows with simple ala-carte options like just AC and stuff like that.. Ford's "packages" are okay just as that, but give us the ability to buy just heated seats without having to spend a ton of money on stuff we don't want!

IMHO, the mfgr that has enough ***** to do that will win a LOT of customers away from the other two..

And no... Toyota and Nissan do not count as mfgrs of heavy duty work trucks...
Ditto,a WORK TRUCK.A truck with some real corrosion protection,better paint and the return of a 6 speed manual X/MIS.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:55 PM
fordman19762003
Cargo Master
Received 206 Likes on 141 Posts
I'd like to see:
better corrosion protection
locking front differential(also make the lockers work at all speeds)
tone down the front grill
heavier rear springs that will not make the truck sag with a couple hundred pounds on them
more power for the 6.2(it's pretty bad when the new 2.7EB is knocking on the door of the 6.2)
Also go to a door handle like the F150's have since they are a lot easier to grab a hold of.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:19 PM
BornBroke
Freshman User
Doors on the super-cab that open individually, like my 2015 GMC 2500. I wouldn't of bought a GMC, if Ford would have offered that!

Old 08-20-2014, 03:55 AM
bigblueknight
Mountain Pass
I have an f150 right but I've already decided my next truck will be a super duty. I don't want to see a radical redesign as far the body goes , I hope they keep body style based the original super duty body lines with modern style updates like they have been. I would like to see some changes to the looks such as shrinking down the size of the grill and headlights I like the current styling but the size of the grill and headlights are bit over the top. I'd like to see them take some styling cues from past grill designs and go with 3 smaller horizontal bars in the grill and going back to normal size ford logo instead of the serving tray size logo and 2 giant bars they have now.
As far as smaller things:
A flat floor in the back seat of the truck and having the seat fold up to the back rest like the f150
Hid headlights
Keep the gear shift on the column not in the console like the f150. There's no room to put stuff anywhere with the shifter there.
Stop offering certain features exclusive to an option package.
We're paying 50,60, or even 70k for these trucks, we shouldn't get stuck paying extra for 2 features we don't want just to get the 1 we want because it's exclusively available in a package. All the options offered within a trim line should be available individually and as part of packages. Wheel size and finish selection should be either completely independent of all other packages or you should be allowed to substitute another available wheel for the one included in the package. For example If I want the chrome package on a king ranch that includes a 20" chrome wheel, but I want the optional 20" Adobe paint king ranch wheel, I should be able to substitute those wheels without giving up the rest of the chrome package

Hopefully there is some ford exec somewhere who is reading what were writing on here

Old 08-20-2014, 07:40 PM
BD75
New User
How about the ability to start a regen manually? It never fails drive 3 hours at Highway speeds and get 1 mile from home and it goes into regen mode. Have a filter percent full screen and ability to start a regen when its nearing full.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:10 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
Originally Posted by bigblueknight
I have an f150 right but I've already decided my next truck will be a super duty. I don't want to see a radical redesign as far the body goes , I hope they keep body style based the original super duty body lines with modern style updates like they have been. I would like to see some changes to the looks such as shrinking down the size of the grill and headlights I like the current styling but the size of the grill and headlights are bit over the top. I'd like to see them take some styling cues from past grill designs and go with 3 smaller horizontal bars in the grill and going back to normal size ford logo instead of the serving tray size logo and 2 giant bars they have now.
As far as smaller things:
A flat floor in the back seat of the truck and having the seat fold up to the back rest like the f150
Hid headlights
Keep the gear shift on the column not in the console like the f150. There's no room to put stuff anywhere with the shifter there.
Stop offering certain features exclusive to an option package.
We're paying 50,60, or even 70k for these trucks, we shouldn't get stuck paying extra for 2 features we don't want just to get the 1 we want because it's exclusively available in a package. All the options offered within a trim line should be available individually and as part of packages. Wheel size and finish selection should be either completely independent of all other packages or you should be allowed to substitute another available wheel for the one included in the package. For example If I want the chrome package on a king ranch that includes a 20" chrome wheel, but I want the optional 20" Adobe paint king ranch wheel, I should be able to substitute those wheels without giving up the rest of the chrome package

Hopefully there is some ford exec somewhere who is reading what were writing on here
I too will 99% surely buy a superduty if I buy a current era truck....totally agree options should be available individually.

and even more so on the column shift.....keep that thing off the cnsole, it`s an uncomfortable waste....I also hope they keep the solid axle and especially recirculating ball steering

Quick Reply: What do you want to see on the 2016 truck?