performance aftermarket products for 93 explorer - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products
Reload this Page >

performance aftermarket products for 93 explorer

Notices

Old 07-08-2003, 07:06 PM
Ka0TTiC
New User
Ka0TTiC is starting off with a positive reputation.

I was thinking about adding a performace air intake and throttle body to my 93 explorer (4.0L V6) and was wondering if it would make sense to do that to an engine that is 10yrs old. It has about 187k miles on it. Would I see any noticeble difference? Please let me know any suggestions.

Thanks

Old 07-09-2003, 12:02 PM
CobraXP
Postmaster
CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold

With that many miles, you would not see a noticeable difference from just those two things. How the maintenance of the engine for the 187K has been will make a significant difference in how much extra power you will see. Are you having any problems out of the engine now? I saw your other post in the 4.0 section about manual for rebuilding a 4.0.

As far as aftermarket goes, I believe BBK make a good throttle body, and Mac or KKM would probably be your best choices for an intake.

Welcome to FTE by the way!!!

Old 07-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Ka0TTiC
New User

I have done a pretty good job of making sure I changed the oil every 3k miles for those 187k. I asked about rebuilding it because it will *eventually* need to be rebuilt and I would like to find another engine to rebuild in the mean time, so that once the one it does die, I will have one already done. It will be my first time rebuilding an engine and I know it will probably take me a while, so I'd like to use a different engine so I can still drive my current one, as it is my only vehicle. Thanks for your input.

Old 07-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Ka0TTiC
New User

Doh I forgot something... you asked about how the engine is running now. Everything seems to be ok with the exception of a leaky rear main seal, which is in the process of being taken care of while my tranny is at the shop being rebuilt.. besides that I can see no other noticible problems with it.