6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Low Air Condition Fan Speed After Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 07:07 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RaceTec
Has anyone figured anything out on this yet? The dealer tells me there is nothing they can do?
Correct. The dealer has no recourse as of now.

Ford engineering hasn't really looked at it either, so don't expect a fix any time soon. Their standard answer to me was "it's functioning as designed".

So for now, power off the HVAC, then power it back on after a remote start.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:28 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I liked the LACK of smartness on my Excursions -
they would come back on where you set them - PERIOD

no parameters, no if, then. else 'logic' where a 'software engineer' forgot to code one scenario (or more) - it just WORKED -
if I set it at 0 degrees when I shut down with hi fan, and it was 5 degrees outside, when I hit the remote start it would try to get to 0 degrees with hi fan speed !!!!

Come on ford - give us a dumb toggle switch

Old 07-30-2014, 08:40 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
I liked the LACK of smartness on my Excursions -
they would come back on where you set them - PERIOD

no parameters, no if, then. else 'logic' where a 'software engineer' forgot to code one scenario (or more) - it just WORKED -
if I set it at 0 degrees when I shut down with hi fan, and it was 5 degrees outside, when I hit the remote start it would try to get to 0 degrees with hi fan speed !!!!

Come on ford - give us a dumb toggle switch
its only on the transition from remote to key on that this problem occurs.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:56 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
i know but my excursions had remote starts too .... and u KNOW remote starts should be legislated in TexUS ! use it even in the garage

Old 07-31-2014, 10:42 AM
RaceTec
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually I have started paying attention to how it acts with the key start (Not Remote Start) and it still has the same problem... To get it to reset even with a key start I have to turn it off for a few minutes then it resets completely. It then defaults the temp to 70 no matter how it was set? Maybe mine is not the "normal" problem?

Old 07-31-2014, 11:59 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Actually I have started paying attention to how it acts with the key start (Not Remote Start) and it still has the same problem... To get it to reset even with a key start I have to turn it off for a few minutes then it resets completely. It then defaults the temp to 70 no matter how it was set? Maybe mine is not the "normal" problem?
hm.. my 12 f350 lariat DRW.. using the key to manual start.
if its hot the fan comes on right away. seats are manual. temp setting is as I left it. turn off, turn on.. setting is as I left it.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:11 AM
RaceTec
Freshman User
I should have an update soon, I went to dinner with one of my oldest friends who happens to be a engineer with Ford... He promised to give Mike (Super Duty Climate Control Engineer) a hard time and get me an answer asap...

Old 08-02-2014, 08:28 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
GREAT - that's promising for Texans in August

Old 08-20-2014, 05:19 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
Just brought home a 2014 on Monday. Noticed this problem Tuesday. Come on Ford, get it together. Glad to find the issue here tho, I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Peter3540
Senior User
I should have an update soon, I went to dinner with one of my oldest friends who happens to be a engineer with Ford... He promised to give Mike (Super Duty Climate Control Engineer) a hard time and get me an answer asap...
Any updates to speak of? Probably for us Northerners the fix will come around January 1st.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:57 PM
Chris_in_Texas
Senior User
I have the same issue on my 2013 F350 Plat as well. However one other thing that is strange is that if you leave the unit "off" most of the time the fan will actually come on high during a remote start. Its the stupidest programming that I have seen from Ford. On my old 2005 I had the Ford Gold remote start and it was night and day better as it just left everything as you set it. It powered up the dash which was the main difference, so that the AC actually was on fully as well as the aux switches. This way I had the truck go into high idle as well after a remote start as I just left an Aux switch on and the E-brake. Can't do that on the newer trucks and that sucks here in Texas!

Ford needs to fix the software bug. Oh and BTW give me the ability to add what ever parameters to the info screens as well besides Oil temp and Trans temp!

Old 08-24-2014, 05:47 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
While back at the dealer for my oil change, had them look at it and even parked out in sun on the 102 degree day for 20 minutes while checking in and made the svc writer sit it in while I started it

I said do YOU think it's working like it should ?!? they called the hotline - told there was no fix....

wrote a LONG explanation on my invoice about 72 degrees and this that and the other...
translated to 'nada' !

but they did patch my sync/nav for the known bug of off route by 3 or 4 blocks... we'll see... and had a tsb for my SLIGHT flare between 1st and 2nd that was more of an annoyance than anything, shifts as smooth as butter now !

Old 08-24-2014, 07:42 AM
Chris_in_Texas
Senior User
Hey jdadamsjr,

Would you happen to have the TSB for the shifting?

Old 08-24-2014, 01:00 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Chris_in_Texas
Hey jdadamsjr,

Would you happen to have the TSB for the shifting?
Here ya go:
this is the one they did for me: TSB 14-0015M
click here for details

I would hesitate to tell them do this tsb --- I just 'splained what it was doing and they hooked up the instruments and found the tsb...

Old 08-25-2014, 04:17 PM
RaceTec
Freshman User
I am still waiting on a reply... Sent my buddy a text last weekend, but they are super busy right now...

Quick Reply: Low Air Condition Fan Speed After Remote Start