Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

2014 Tennessee JUNE chat - BARBEQUE TIME!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 03:18 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 Tennessee JUNE chat - BARBEQUE TIME!

I'm already starting to see 4th of July items on the store shelves

~Mentioned in last months chat - I have a lot of tobacco plant seedlings if anyone in the Memphis area would like a few.
Free for the asking, just send a PM for directions to my place, and hey...

You'll get to see how far I got on the Ranger project so far!

*Nice trucks do not have 2.521739 times the original engine displacement in them...

If the weather lightens up, I just might renew my efforts to get the AOD tranny up behind it. I have a welder now, and should be able to fab up a rear crossmember that will work. We have had a lot of t-storms lately

Old 06-01-2014, 02:42 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Good afternoon everyone...it's June! Summer is upon us, get out there and enjoy.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:38 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Been a while since I posted here in the chapter forum. Went through a hectic winter with a blown up flathead in Edith and a lot of family health problems keeping me sidelined. Just as I thought I was seeing daylight, finally got a rebuilt flathead installed in Edith and getting ready to head out for an FTE 1948-56 group outing in Ohio, now the starter went out so it looks like the trip will be without Edith. bummer.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:42 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I apologize for my recent absence, but my father passed away this past Sunday.

I am posting his obituary if you are interested in some of his legacies.
---------------------------------
Obituary of Edwin Roger Gibbens

Gibbens, Edwin (Ed) Roger
Age 77, of Forestville, NY
Succumbed to Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) on Sunday, June 1, 2014, at Buffalo General Hospital, after a grueling five-month battle fighting this malady.

The sixth of seven children, Ed was born at home on October 9, 1936 in South Stockton, NY to Elmer and Gladys Gibbens. He graduated from Cassadaga Valley Central School in June 1954. He retired from the US Navy as a Petty Officer, First Class, in November 1975 after 20 years of active service, being attached to the USS Lexington as an Aviation Electrician. After completing culinary school he became a chef, working in some of Jamestown, NY's finer restaurants. He completed his AA Degree in 1978 at Jamestown Community College. In 1983 he bought a home on 11 acres of land in Forestville, NY. At his retirement party from Dunkirk Ice Cream in 1988, he met Debora Dickinson (née Gdula) of Silver Creek, NY. They were married in Forestville, NY on September 1, 1989. Ed served the community of Sinclairville, NY as a volunteer fire fighter and the community of Forestville, NY by being involved with the American Legion Post. Ed enjoyed gardening, camping and traveling around this great nation, generous in all things with those whom he loved. He will be remembered for his sense of humor, robust laughter, good cooking and love of life.

Survived by his wife of almost 25 years, Deb, of Forestville, NY; son Arthur (Renée) Gibbens of Cottage Grove, MN and their children, Mathias of Tucson, AZ, Hannah-Renee (Jonathan) Hardy of Houghton, NY and Philip of Cottage Grove, MN; daughter Sue (Ivan) Chompalov of Clymer, NY and her children Nathen (Allison) Lang and their son Jonathan of Clymer, NY and Xavier Whitcome of Clymer, NY; daughter Brenda (Matthew) Hitchcock of Randolph, NY: son Roger (Monique) Gibbens of Chattanooga, TN and their children Aimee and David of Chattanooga, TN; and Debbie's son Martin (Laura) Dickinson of Buffalo, NY; son Christian (Trishia) Dickinson of Rockhill, SC and their children Zachary, Juliahna and Adalyn; and daughter Sarah (Benjamin) Smith of Forestville, NY and their daughters Hannah, Jessica and Willow. Also survived by sister Ann Forinash of St. Augustine, FL; brother Elsworth (Serena) Gibbens of Jacksonville, FL; and numerous nephews and nieces.

Predeceased by his sister Eva Truesdale of Terre Haute, IN; brother Elmer Gibbens of Jamestown, NY; brother Andrew Gibbens of Jacksonville, FL; and sister Flora Rolph of Jamestown, NY.

Because Ed opted to donate his body to science so that research can be done to help others afflicted with MDS, a private interment with full military honors will be held later this summer.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:38 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I'll be doggoned - it sounds like he left the Navy much like I did and had similar plans.
Both of us at 20 years, both aviation, and both 1st Class PO's...

I almost feel like I knew the guy.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:10 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Who knows? You guys may have met at some time...

It's Friday. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. RIVERBEND has begun. If you're looking for something to do any night this week (through NEXT Saturday) check out this website: Home - Riverbend Festival

Old 06-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
We got a serious storm blowing in tonight from across the river looks like. I was on my way to look at what the air masses are doing online and stopped by for a quick "HEY!"

I got Little Suzie's fuel tank components installed and wired up after a year of screwing around with incorrect parts. The solder job on the fuel pump itself went off perfect.

~I didn't want any possibility of loose sparking connections inside of a gas tank - so every wire and every end of each of the wires be they grounds or what have you are fully soldered together and nutted down tight with corrosion preventive compound.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:03 PM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Monday is here....going to be a LOOOOOONG day for me.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Old 06-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Progress on little suzie:
Fuel tank buttoned up, sealer needs overnight to cure.
Fuel filter arrived
Slow leaks in two of the tires traced to bad valve stems, four new stems, caps with paw prints on them(!) and fifty valve cores on order.

~I'll replace all of them instead of playing games with the silly things (I know better).

Old 06-10-2014, 07:46 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Happy Tuesday everybody!

Old 06-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Rain rain - go away!
I've got things to do today...

*Please take the mosquitos with you as well

Old 06-12-2014, 11:49 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Thursday....hope yours is a good one.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I got my valve stems today - and they had cores in them.

But go figure....

If I DIDN'T order the cores seperately - what do you think I would have gotten????

You betcha! Rubber tubes with nothing inside!!!

ALWAYS factor the odds in favor of missing parts....

Old 06-13-2014, 08:12 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
This is going to be a hard weekend....I hope all of you can enjoy yours.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:52 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Good morning Tennessee...hope this is the start of a great weekend!

Quick Reply: 2014 Tennessee JUNE chat - BARBEQUE TIME!