1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

!!!HELP!!!! Broken down & without a ride or clue!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 10:17 AM
fisher_of_man
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the problem here is that it is beginning to look like it's going to take forever and I am still making payments on my BROKE truck. And my concern is that if it is "fixed enough" to get me thru the 1,000 miles and 1,500 or 2.500 miles down the road I get the same problem or worse. I would think that Ford could say that they fixed the problem that occurred during the warranty period and that what happens afterwords, whether it is related to the problem or not, is my problem. I don't know, but if any of you do, please tell me, will they guarentee their work for so many miles/months, or if they put in a new engine do I get an additional 36/36 on the engine alone?

Old 07-10-2003, 08:20 PM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

fishe_of_man if you find 1956MarkII on here he may be able to answer your warranty questions.

Old 07-12-2003, 01:36 AM
455 Jet
Senior User

Are they trying to tell you that 90psi at cold idle is GOOD thing? I don't buy it. Oil pressure is great, but that high actually doesn't help the situation at all. Oil pressure thats too high requires the pump to work harder.

Old 07-17-2003, 10:59 AM
fisher_of_man
Posting Guru

okay....I have just about lost all patience with FORD! Here I am now 18 days into this deal and STILL NOTHING!!! My truck has been in our local dealership's service department since 8:00am JUNE 30th and at this point there is still NOTHING...NADA...ZIP! I was told a week ago that a Ford Field Engineer was on his way to check out the problem. I just called again today (for my daily dose of bad news) and am now told that he will not be here until next week, hopefully middle of the week. However, they nor I have an exact date he will be here. I have called our shop's foreman and the shop manager and complained about how rediculious this is and all they can tell me as that it has taken as long as a month before to get the guy out here. WHY is Ford dragging their feet so much? At this point, they still have no idea what the problem is or other than replacing the whole engine, how to fix the problem. Has anyone else ever encountered such a load of bull? I asked since they were going on having my vehicle for close to a month if they were going to make this month's payment and they said "I don't believe Ford has a provision for that in their warranty, sir." I AM NOT HAPPY AND GETTING EVEN MORE UNHAPPY DAILY! I've been joking that I was going to drive the Ford Focus loaner they gave me (a real joke after my 02 SuperCrew) thru the showroom and leave it but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't even clear the curb0o.

Old 07-17-2003, 03:43 PM
elwhoppo
Senior User

I don't know Dude! Something ain't right, and I feel for you!

Unfortunately, I have to beleive that, once the Dealership got a hold of this Field Rep, to schedule him, the Dealership at that point, probably considers the job now in his hands.

They pretty much quit working on the engine, other than to have it out, and ready for the Field Rep to inspect.(When/if, he shows???)

I certainly feel that because of the extended delays, that they ought to be more helpful and informative.

You would think they would be going out of there way to make you whole again.

I'm a firm believer that the motto: "The Customer Is Always Right", has much to do with how screwed up everything is in the market place of today.

Businesses and Stores are giving away the farm, to anybody, with a half azz'd complaint, over a $2 item.

Be it $2 or $20,000, its the same principle. Seems simple enough to me, they sold you a vehicle that has malfunctioned, they need to make it right.

I still think that at the point that a determination is made, that it is in fact, a "Ford" problem, they need to do something to lessen the costs you have incurred.

Maybe they will??? Who knows. You really need to be there, when this Rep comes down, and get some things answered.

Scary, makes you wonder about purchasing any Dealership car or truck.

Old 07-20-2003, 12:43 PM
stang30
Freshman User

you need to set up a appointment with the zone rep the dealership can set this up and if i was you i would request a extended warranty for all the trouble that you have had to go through , i dont know why there taking so long getting a engineer out there we can usually get one out with in a couple weeks at the most