1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Upper Midwest Truckfest 2014 2nd post

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
Keep the pictures coming. Looks like great weather.

Old 09-20-2014, 04:25 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 260 Likes on 214 Posts
Here's a start on mine. Trying to get the 8N to do more than start and die. The effort continues. Stu

The gathering.

Pet frog!

Lunch

Old 09-20-2014, 05:16 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep the pictures comming - Looks like you have a great turnout
(That Red & White extended cab would be well on its way to Erie - I've got ignition switchs with keys that would fit it

Old 09-20-2014, 05:29 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Whose 48-50 flatbed is that? I don't remember seeing it before.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:42 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 260 Likes on 214 Posts
The F-5 flat bed is Chris'. The F-8 has a line of guys claiming first rights to buying it. Stu

Old 09-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by truckdog62563
The F-5 flat bed is Chris'. The F-8 has a line of guys claiming first rights to buying it. Stu
Put me in that line too. That nice. Whose is it?
Also, who owns the black monkey face? I thought it was Doc's for a sec but I know he couldn't make it.
And what about the green engine on the chassis? It looks like that is driveable. Who owns that one?

Details!!! We need details! More pictures too.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:52 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Dang it!!! Wish I was there! THE SLEEPER CAB IS THERE, TOO. Oh how I hate my job right now!

Old 09-20-2014, 07:00 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
My keyboard is ruined. That Big Job sleeper did it. That thing is awesome.
Looks like a great time is being had by all. We like pictures.

Old 09-20-2014, 07:16 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by truckdog62563
Buying? - I hadn't considered that

Old 09-20-2014, 07:55 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm happy to see Chris is there.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:05 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
Also, who owns the black monkey face? I thought it was Doc's for a sec but I know he couldn't make it.
And what about the green engine on the chassis? It looks like that is driveable. Who owns that one?

Details!!! We need details! More pictures too.
The 49 is mine and Stu is the proud owner of the MH rolling chassis.

DW

Old 09-21-2014, 07:58 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by FortyNiner
The 49 is mine and Stu is the proud owner of the MH rolling chassis.

DW
Well obviously you need to post more pictures of your truck!

Boy I would love to see the rolling chassis and have Stu give me a lesson on the MH setup. I've seen a bunch of pictures but there is nothing like seeing it up close and personal.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:45 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Did you guys take a cruise? Video?? We're dying here, guys!

Old 09-21-2014, 01:14 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Fist, I want to thank everyone that attended Dairyland Truckfest 2014 with an extra thank you to Duane and Craig. Also, a huge thank you to my wife Michelle for all the work she did to help me get the property fixed up and for all the great food she made for all of us to eat. If anyone left here without gaining five pounds it wasn't her fought. She came home from work Friday night and worked almost continuously since the minute she got home.

The weekend went great. The weather had me worried all week. First they predicted rain and storms all day Saturday but the forecast changed as the week went on. We did get a few sprinkles Saturday but they came while we were inside. I woke up this morning with wet and cool weather, we really lucked out.

Here's a few more pictures.

Chris and Andy found an unexpected guest on the cement in front of the shed Saturday morning.

How does the new hood ornament look? This is the biggest frog I've ever seen on the farm. Don't worry, no hard came the frog in the process of taking this pictures, the frog is now living in the nice clean creek that runs through the back of the farm.

Chris decided to try to get the 8N running with the help of Stu and his van. Jeff was overseeing the operation. They pulled it up and down the road but it just didn't want to start. Earlier it did kick over but it wouldn't stay running.

We're all lined up in front of the farm for the cruise to the restaurant;

We left the farm around 12:30 Saturday afternoon and took a scenic drive through the Holy Hill area of the Kettle Moraine. We stopped at the Mine Shaft, "Wisconsin's largest restaurant", which is a very nice casual family type restaurant. Stu posted pictures of us all enjoying good friends and food.

After lunch we stopped at the Wisconsin Auto Museum a few block west of the Mine Shaft. Before we left we lined up the trucks and their owners to a take a group picture.

Lined up in the parking lot of the Wisconsin Auto Museum in Hartford Wisconsin.

I don't want to know what is going on here with John's truck nuts. Chris I think you have to keep a better eye on Laurie.

After we got back for the restaurant I hear a truck coming up our road. It turned out it was the neighbor from down and across the street. I've only met him once or twice. He was in his yard washing his trucks when he saw all of the trucks driving past his house and wanted to know where they were going. At first he drove up with his '36 Dodge truck but I then told him he had to leave and come back with his Ford panel truck. This truck is mounted on a '67 Bronco 4X4 chassis and looks really nice.

Saturday night we made John Depruis, the owner of the F-8 semi, an honorary FTE member. John doesn't do the internet and wouldn't be able to actually join our board. I've known John for about 20 year, I first met him at a truck show in central Wisconsin and saw him pull his truck into the show, it was love at first sight, for the truck, not John. I asked John to bring his truck to Truckfest because I knew the guys would have a great interest in seeing a one in six made truck. He drove 150+ miles to attend, not as much as many that came but you have to remember this is a BIG truck, rides like a buckboard and gets less than 10 mpg and averages about 45 mph, on an even grade. He and wife Marge, like all the FTE members, are great people and own an amazing old Ford truck so it was only fitting he became an FTE member.

Friday and Saturday nights were perfect nights to use the new fire ring, we have some really roaring fires. Marshmallows were roasted and Smores were made. Both Jeff and Nichole, and Rob and Kristy brought their kids were very nice to have around and we were happy they had an interest in coming to the farm. They all had questions for Michelle about the cows and chickens.

Honestly, I don't think you could find a better group of people than FTE members.

Sorry again for the small number of pictures, I was kind of busy and hopefully other attendees took more, and better, pictures and will post them. I think from now on we need to pay all expenses for Wade to attend our meets as official photographer.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:24 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds and looks like all had a great time. A big congratulations to you and Miss Michele.
Have you scheduled next years yet?

Quick Reply: Upper Midwest Truckfest 2014 2nd post