1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Upper Midwest Truckfest 2014 2nd post

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 05:31 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys have way too much time on your brains uh I mean hands.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:31 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by DR Smith
Just how do you get in and out of it ?
Very carefully.

I don't know, it's Dick's idea, I just passed it along. We can work out the details later

Old 06-28-2014, 06:56 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Maybe something like this:

I don't one but we could substitute this:

Old 06-28-2014, 07:14 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good!

Old 06-29-2014, 09:14 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
OK , What is the cow lift for .

Old 06-29-2014, 09:25 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts
Tired cows.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:53 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
It's actually for lifting injured or "downed" cows. Also if a cow is injured they'll use it to set in a tank of water for therapy. That's usually only for "fancy" cows, normal cows are usually shipped out to the rendering plant or dog food factory, farming isn't pretty.

My son uses this device to move down cows:

Usually the situation doesn't look this nice, farming isn't the bucolic vision most people have.

No one has to worry I've given order only pretty farm things are to around for weekend of Truckfest '14. We should have plenty of doe eyed baby cows for everyone to ooh and aah over.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:57 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2

We should have plenty of doe eyed baby cows for everyone to ooh and aah over.
As veal steaks?

Old 08-02-2014, 01:00 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Once again, another bump to the top for Truckfest 2014.

It's getting close, at least for me it's seems to be getting real close. I started a new job two weeks ago and it's been kind of crazy here, closing my business and tying up loose ends with that and starting another job.

I just wanted to bump this to the top so if there is anyone else who thinks they'd like to attend let me know. I don't mind last minute drop ins but I'd like as much of an advance notice as possible so we can make plans.

If you're new to this thread please go back to the very first post and see what and where we're doing this. I want everyone to know what they're in for if you decide to attend.

I sent out another group email this morning. If you're planning on coming and didn't receive the email this morning let me know and I'll make sure you get a copy and all future emails.

So far it looks like a pretty decent number of members are coming, not too big but not too small either. For those that haven't attended one of our meets in the past two years they are a lot of fun. They aren't huge, glamorous affairs with nothing but top end show trucks. The attendees are just good friends and if possible they bring their old trucks, while some are very nice show quality trucks there are an equal number that are just every day type of drivers. No hot asphalt, no competition, just friends.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:49 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Just another bump to see if I've got everyone who is coming. I sent out two emails this morning, one about the T-shirt and one about who is coming. If you didn't get the second one and are planning to come let me know. Also, if you are coming and want a T-shirt let me know via PM or email.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:29 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
OK folks, just a little something to make you smile and to give you a bit of what farm life is like.

First, if you've read some of my posts you will know I do not enjoy farming, I enjoy it less every day. I am not a farm boy, I was city born and raised, I just made the mistake of falling in love with a German farm girl and moving onto the farm 26 years ago. Well, this morning I got an early morning wake up call with the sound of a cow mooing outside my bedroom window. This is not a normal thing at 3am, the farm is very quiet at that time, usually. My wife got up to check and saw cows in the yard, not the barn yard, our house yard. They are not suppose to be there at any time. Seems my son forgot to chain a gate that had a defective latch. We spent the next hour and a half looking for and chasing cows, all 65 milking cows all over most of the 100 acre farm. Big black and white cows are hard to see in the darkness but fortunately finding their pies with my feet wasn't so hard. I found at least three in the darkness, very nice feeling with sneakers and no socks. We got them all rounded up about an hour before I had to get up for work.

I only hope, and I made this very clear to my son, we will not have a repeat of this incident during the weekend of the 20th. If we do we may have to plan an activity for the attendees of Dairyland Truckfest. I thought some of you might find this story interesting.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:11 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,445 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
OK folks, just a little something to make you smile and to give you a bit of what farm life is like.

First, if you've read some of my posts you will know I do not enjoy farming, I enjoy it less every day. I am not a farm boy, I was city born and raised, I just made the mistake of falling in love with a German farm girl and moving onto the farm 26 years ago. Well, this morning I got an early morning wake up call with the sound of a cow mooing outside my bedroom window. This is not a normal thing at 3am, the farm is very quiet at that time, usually. My wife got up to check and saw cows in the yard, not the barn yard, our house yard. They are not suppose to be there at any time. Seems my son forgot to chain a gate that had a defective latch. We spent the next hour and a half looking for and chasing cows, all 65 milking cows all over most of the 100 acre farm. Big black and white cows are hard to see in the darkness but fortunately finding their pies with my feet wasn't so hard. I found at least three in the darkness, very nice feeling with sneakers and no socks. We got them all rounded up about an hour before I had to get up for work.

I only hope, and I made this very clear to my son, we will not have a repeat of this incident during the weekend of the 20th. If we do we may have to plan an activity for the attendees of Dairyland Truckfest. I thought some of you might find this story interesting.
Bob, maybe you could devise an FTE version of Cow Chip Bingo! Everyone puts money in a pot and winner gets a gift certificate to Mid Fifty or Classic
Haulers.....

Old 08-25-2014, 09:24 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob, thanks for making me laugh. I needed that. I had 4 vehicles broke into last night along with my garage. Very little was taken but the damage to the vehicles was enough. I grew up in the country and the thought of you stepping in cow pies just made me laugh! Thanks! Looking forward to the Truckfest.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
Been there, done that with the cows. Nothing like a cow taking a big crap on your sidewalk. Hell, I can tell you one better than that. I had a freshly poured concrete slab in my shop up on the hill when a cow literally got loose and went into that building. Naturally, it took a big dump on the floor before I ran it out of there. I got really mad once shot one of my cows with a shotgun (from long range, it hardly noticed). He got traded for the F-5.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:06 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
I got really mad once shot one of my cows with a shotgun (from long range, it hardly noticed). He got traded for the F-5.
That story sounds like bull to me...

Quick Reply: Upper Midwest Truckfest 2014 2nd post