Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 892504x4

Anybody living close to Bend to check the truck for me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 10:01 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anybody living close to Bend to check the truck for me?

Hi guys, I am just curious if anybody lives close enough to check a truck for me. I am living in Europe and want to import it here, but nobody answers the guy from Europe as all think I am a crooked idiot. I am searching for almost a year, and this one is almost perfect chance. I have been writing here with couple guys on IDI forum as the truck is IDI. Thańks for any help, when anybody needs something from Europe just ask, I try my best. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jan

Old 04-30-2014, 10:29 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
This is the CL link he gave us over in 80-86:

7.3L diesel

Old 05-01-2014, 09:08 AM
bertha66
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am in Prineville about 40 miles away, but will be over there tomorrow. I e-mails about the truck to see where it is.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:17 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks Allen! Hope we may be able to help him out.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
Thanks Berta 66, or should I just write Alen? That would be sweet. We do not have trucks like that here in Europe, may I ask u to take as many pictures as u can? I will pay all the expenses u have with it. This truck is almost exactly what I need 83 year is sweet as it is 30 years old and I will get the vintage license here. I do not know how I will reward u for that.

With regards Jan

Old 05-01-2014, 04:23 PM
RustyTub
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would recommend seeing if the current owner will let you take it to a shop to have it inspected it is nice to be able to get it on a lift and check fluids etc etc.

Allen I have a shop in bend you are more than welcome to rack a truck for an inspection or what ever.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:26 PM
RustyTub
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Romel77
We do not have trucks like that here in Europe

With regards Jan
Funny you say that My current boss Lives in Germany and his Business partner also live in Germany and Stephan was here for the last week and we were just going over American Trucks for me to look at and possibly purchase to be shipped to Europe. Up till now we have been focusing on Porsche 911's and the 993 porsche.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:20 PM
bertha66
Lead Driver
As of yet; I have not he herd back from the lady on that listing. I called; left message. And I e-mailed her; no response. I will be in bend tomorrow and will have my cell if she calls.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:47 AM
Romel77
More Turbo
Thanks Allen, there has been a storm overnight here and internet was off, I could not get here any earlier. If she does not answer do not worry about it, it is just my luck, I do not know how to thank you anyway for your kindness to me.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:37 AM
bertha66
Lead Driver
Well the lady with the truck call this morning and I will go and see it after I get back from Bend; turns out thw truck is here in Prineville, about 5 miles from my house.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Romel77
More Turbo
Thanks Allen, I really apreciate that.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Ford F834
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bertha66
Well the lady with the truck call this morning and I will go and see it after I get back from Bend; turns out thw truck is here in Prineville, about 5 miles from my house.
That's fantastic! Allen, I sent you a PM. I work nights and sleep days but call, text or e-mail at any time and leave a message if there is anything I can do to help. I got some info and forms today at the AZ MVD on how to get a truck titled and registered to Jan using power of attorney so it would be legal to drive it to the shipping port.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:53 PM
bertha66
Lead Driver
Jonathon, here is a picture of the crank pulley:
I did get a look at the truck; truck is rust free as far as I can see and strait. The auto trans only has @ 1k of miles on it, per the owner. interior was real nice, but the passenger seat was faded. I had no way to see if it would run, I know nothing about diesels. The CL listing had the lady's phone number, her name is Debbie and she said that you or Jan could call, I did tell her where Jan is and she was good with that.
Allen

Old 05-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Ford F834
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thank you Allen for your help. Normally I would RUN from any CL ad that says it is perfect it just needs (blank) cheap part from the auto store in order to run. This might be the exception to the rule... would you be willing to attempt an ether start if I walked you through it over the phone? I wish so badly I could drive there and start it myself, but I simply can't due to work obligations. I need a minimum of 14 days notice to request vacation leave. If you are willing to go back, could you have another look at the vibration damper? The key difference can only be seen from the front as shown here:

Also could you photograph or write down the VIN door jam sticker info? Would be good to know if it is originally 6.9L diesel (8th VIN digit =1) or a converted gasser. Also the axle code for gear ratio and such.Thanks for the pic though. It is useful to know they converted it to the old V belt accessory system instead of serpentine, and it looks pretty dry and clean under there compared to the oily pigs I usually see! Thanks again for your help.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:17 AM
bertha66
Lead Driver
I can go back up there to look at the vin in regards to the engine code. The OEM fender badges on the truck are for a diesel. As for the belt drives; as you can see in the picture; they are V-belts. Trucks engine was very clean. Both batteries were disconnected. I will talk to my son this afternoon to see if he can help getting started.

Quick Reply: Anybody living close to Bend to check the truck for me?