1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WhiteOut's 01's V10 Build!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:44 PM
WhiteOut FX4
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteOut's 01's V10 Build!

I should have started a build thread from the beginning but didn't realize how far I would actually go with my truck. Let me start of by saying that I got this truck from my dad as my first truck in sophomore year of high school (2012). It was my dad's personal truck he used for work and his DD. It's a 2001 F250 V10 EXT Cab Lariat with an 8 foot bed, I got it with 167k miles completely stock and it was in nowhere near perfect condition, it had its fair share of dents, messed up headlight, tail gate and rear bumper. Before I got it, it had sat for 2 years and was given to my dad's workers for a few.

Here's what she looked like with new headlights, a Flowmaster Super 40 muffler and a Dee zee low profile tool box as a couple of my first mods.

Getting dirty stock with my buddies Land Rover!

First time at Port St. Lucie Mud Jam 2012.

At first I didn't care for it much and actually minutes away from getting a Dodge Charger instead for something more economical with more room. Someone got to the car I was looking at and purchased it. Towards the end of sophomore year I decided to lift it 4" and put some 35" Toyo MT's with some 16x10 Pro Comp wheels as well as add some Rigid Dually lights for the front. I lifted it for the purpose of off-roading/mudding when I use to go wheeling just about every other weekend with my buddies.

In the process of lifting it in my driveway with the help from some friends. This was the first of many lifts on my truck in my driveway.

Finished with a 4" lift on stock tires.

New 35's and 16x10's!!!!

Had to of course go and test out the new 35's in some mud! Got a little stuck, had 2 jeeps hook to each other one used the other as anchor while they tried to winch me out and they ended up getting pulled towards me lol. Got my friend’s dad to finally pull me out with his 2500 Cummins 3 hours later!

I ended up losing my passenger headlight a week earlier when I was out wheeling on the trail and ran it over by accident.

You can say that those Toyo's with 16x10's threw up quite a bit of mud haha.

After I lost my headlight on the trail I ended up ordering some 2005 F250 chrome headlights to continue on with my chrome theme. I decided to replace my grille as well but with a 2005 F250 Chrome Harley grille which my dad had on his 06 and I loved the look of it! But to make it work with my bumper I had to trim the bottom half of the grille to make it work. In the mean time I also bought dual Pro Comp steering stabilizers to help with a wandering steering wheel while hitting pot holes as well as upgraded my 01’ tow mirrors to 05’s because mine were all cracked so I bought a set for $100.

Second time going to a mud event, this one was Okeechobee Mud Fest in September 2012

After attending my second mud event and getting my truck filthy I thought I should give my truck a unique windshield decal since at the time I was mudding just about every weekend!

Made a trip to Corbett to go trail riding with my buddy and his Land Rover.

Went out behind my house one night because a couple buddies were running their trucks in this little lake and I wanted to go out and watch them run it. He had an 80’s bronco on 40” TSL and was making in thru it pretty well. I knew how deep it could get and despite that I wanted to run it anyways. There must’ve been a crowd of 40+ kids back there with a couple trucks but no one else would run it, the majority of them had 2wd trucks and were street queens and all talk. Everyone was shouting “Run it!” ”You Won’t!” So of course I went in the lake and started going but ended up getting stuck. No one wanted to pull me out, sat there for 10 mins or so before someone decided to give me a little tug and I was out. He dropped the rope before I was all the way out so I threw it in 4 LO and ripped it up the side of the bank where a crowd of kids were and finally got out.

Right around Christmas time I decided I wanted to go up another couple inches. So I got a 5.5” rear block to replace my stock one and the 1” that came with the Pro Comp lift; for the front I did a mini leaf spring pack. I took and installed them both in January and now was sitting on a total of 6” of lift with the same wheel and tire setup as before.

At this same time I was invited to join a group called F25DY BOYS, which was actually started by my friend Chris who lives about 20 minutes away from me. The group is specifically for F250’s but we also welcome F350’s. It’s a truck enthusiast group for those who want to share their rides and what they have done to them as well as those who are seeking input on new parts they want to get. I joined with right around 300 members at the time.

With my leveling kit and bigger block in the rear:

My truck build so far, I will update it more to try and get to where it is at now when I have the time to do so.