Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Tulsa Drillers New Stadium Worth Visiting

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 10:40 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Tulsa Drillers New Stadium Worth Visiting

FYI, my family and I caught a game at the Tulsa Drillers new field, last Saturday. The location is pretty cool. You can see the downtown skyscrapers(lol if you've been to a bigger city.) filling in the landscape behind the outfields walls. The seating fees are reasonable. The seats are each numbered and fold up, like the pro seats. (no more metal hard benches, like the old field had) The place was clean, and security presence was very visible for the first few innings. They looked like young officers in plain clothes walking around with handcuffs, radio, gun belts on. We watched them play Kansas. It was a fun and entertaining outing, albeit hot, with no breeze. Once the sun went down it was pleasant. The y have tons and tons of food options. But be prepared to pay Movie Theater Food Prices for anything edible. Yowza. $5.50 for a hamburger and fries cost extra. We didnt care for the hot dogs, odd flavor. But the popcorn, cotton candy, big soft pretzels were worth it. The only complaint would be the drunk/hi people that showed up and sat infront of us. Luckily they left after a couple innings. FWIW, they advertise on their website "no weapons of anykind allowed." I observed a guy with a highly visible foldable knife clip hanging outside his pocket. I did not feel threatened but if he can walk around with no one giving him grief, then i say "dont ask dont tell." I am a CCW holder and would have felt better having the piece with me as we exited the park in downtown old Greenwood part of town. There was plenty of foul ***** hit in all the seating areas, so if you take kids have them bring a glove. They entertained the crowds and threw out freebie *****, shirts, and games for free local business gift cards. There was an over the fence home run so everyone in the park got free Taco Bueno taco coupons. If you're looking to catch a game there we can definitely recommend it for a fun family outing. Also, the beer sold at the grill windows is served in the magnetic souvenir bottom filling cups. Pretty neat to watch and the Tulsa Drillers magnet souvenir is cool. Take your time looking for a parking spot. Get there early for best and closest choices. We chose a $5 parking field just across the left field area. Some of the parking fields charge $10.

Here's a pic we took on a phone cam. Not a bad view at all.

Last edited by cigarxtc; 08-12-2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Added Pic of Baseball Diamond and Background
Old 08-11-2014, 10:07 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Thanks for that. We've talked about going but haven't. Maybe we will with that endorsement.