MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
not a fan. I too hope this is a bad April Fools joke

color scheme is wacky

Old 04-02-2014, 02:05 AM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If I have a problem at all it's the fact that the header looks like something I might do trying my hand at Code-writing. I rather liked the photo-quality imagery and text in the header. And these days its not like any web-capable device can't handle the complexity of the graphics. I don't NEED all of that stuff, but the header looks unfinished. ...just had the thought that maybe I'm not seeing everything due to ad-blocking so I turned it off for a minute... nope... its still dull.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:33 AM
joegeds
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The "manage Attachments" button is gone. It used to be below the meesage box, and would let me add an attachment right from my computer. Then, at the bottom of the page, in the "posting Rules" box, it says "You may not post attachments". Am I doing something wrong?

Old 04-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Adblock - I guess that's one way to avoid paying for all this support we get at the click of a mouse. As a supporter, the ads don't even try to load, and I have a whole bunch of nice features to go with it. I sleep very well at night, knowing I'm supporting something that has helped me save thousands of dollars in wasted parts/labor/time, and likely my truck - I doubt I would have hung on this long without the information and words of encouragement here.

Nice logo, very clever and tasteful. I can't see the logo on my screen this morning (box with X), but it shows up in all the screen shots people are posting.

Please never take away "Edit". I've caught so many "oopses" in my posts, but Edit always saves the day.

I do like the drop-down list beside my user name - nice touch.

1024 X 768 images allow us to see great detail when needed. The large images are sometimes for vanity, but they are frequently needed when posting a question on a truck. A member built and mounted his fuel filter bracket, based on a large picture I posted. Without the detail in the image, he would likely have needed to ask questions on the design.

I still want to delete antiquated attachments, but there is a time limit that is long-expired.

So... the heart icon wasn't good enough for reps?

Old 04-02-2014, 06:49 AM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
joegeds, Are you a supporter?

Old 04-02-2014, 06:51 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by joegeds
The "manage Attachments" button is gone. It used to be below the meesage box, and would let me add an attachment right from my computer. Then, at the bottom of the page, in the "posting Rules" box, it says "You may not post attachments". Am I doing something wrong?
You have to be an FTE Supporter in order to post attachments. That said, if you were able to post attachments before and weren't a Supporter, there may have been a glitch in the system that allowed you to do so. Here's a breakdown of the levels of membership and what each includes:

Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2014, 06:57 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Tugly

Please never take away "Edit". I've caught so many "oopses" in my posts, but Edit always saves the day.

Yes. Edit is important.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:39 AM
joegeds
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
You have to be an FTE Supporter in order to post attachments. That said, if you were able to post attachments before and weren't a Supporter, there may have been a glitch in the system that allowed you to do so.
Well, I'm a premium member now!! Just signed up for 3 years! There must have been a glitch because I was awlays able to post attachments.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
I don't like change.

Curious though why the change?

Old 04-02-2014, 08:19 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by joegeds
Well, I'm a premium member now!! Just signed up for 3 years! There must have been a glitch because I was awlays able to post attachments.
Probably was some type of glitch....happens sometimes.

Anyway, thanks for joining up as a Supporter!

You should receive an email with a form to fill out for your t-shirt, etc. Your banner is already in place but if you have any issues with the t-shirt, just let me know and we'll get it sorted out for you.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Chicklets-a-comin' joegeds!

Old 04-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Archion
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For a change I actually don't mind landing on the front page, it's no where near as cluttered as it used to be. It's a good change and a long time coming. From a design standpoint it's cleaner and easier on the eyes.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Archion
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, you're changing colors on me again.... Stop messing with the style sheets...

Old 04-02-2014, 03:32 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Renee
I will let the tech team know so it can be fixed. Also, when I look at the recalls it seems to be populated for me. Can you check again?

Thanks!
I still can't get the TSBs to work in Firefox (on my Linux boxes) but all seems fine with Google Chrome.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:36 PM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm running the latest version of Firefox under W7 and the TSB's come up for me.
They then bring me to a sign up page for All-Data.

Quick Reply: Introducing the new FTE