6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Anyone know of a grille guard with a 2" receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:31 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Anyone know of a grille guard with a 2" receiver?

Hey guys, I have seen two, both on Chubbies though, grille guards with a 2" receiver in the front. I have saved the recent thread on the receiver hitch that was built, but I would like to know if anyone knows a manufacturer that puts a receiver on a grille guard. Etrailer has a front mounted hitch, but it mounts a little lower than I like. It has to have a hole cut in the air dam, not a problem, but still low for my liking. I want to use this set up but with the Thule Goal Post kayak rack. I think RanchHand used to make one, but cannot find it on their website. I know I could always have one put on one afterwards, but you compromise the powder coat by welding it on. Just wondering if you guys had any ideas.

Attached Images  
Old 03-31-2014, 11:38 PM
XXLTexan
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by golfmedik
Hey guys, I have seen two, both on Chubbies though, grille guards with a 2" receiver in the front. I have saved the recent thread on the receiver hitch that was built, but I would like to know if anyone knows a manufacturer that puts a receiver on a grille guard. Etrailer has a front mounted hitch, but it mounts a little lower than I like. It has to have a hole cut in the air dam, not a problem, but still low for my liking. I want to use this set up but with the Thule Goal Post kayak rack. I think RanchHand used to make one, but cannot find it on their website. I know I could always have one put on one afterwards, but you compromise the powder coat by welding it on. Just wondering if you guys had any ideas.
Ranch Hand makes full bumper replacements like the Legend Series and LS Bullnose with a receiver. I used it to launch many boats in tight launches. I don't think they make one for a grill guard as their M.O. is heavy use and the way a grill guard mounts would not qualify in their extreme use world. Here is a pic of my 6.0 with a legend series bull nose with receiver. This is also great for a skeet thrower, wheel less trailer, or Bumper Dumper. If you don't know what that last one is you need to google it. May wish you hadn't.

Last edited by XXLTexan; 03-31-2014 at 11:41 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 04-01-2014, 06:12 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
I'd rather not have a bumper replacement, just a guard. I am wondering though, if I call them, would they put one on a guard.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:30 AM
C1776M
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could call Browns Bumpers. Brown's Welding

I don't see a Ford model that has one on their website, but they've put them on Chevy/GMC grill guards in the past. See link below.
Brown Grille Guard with Receiver Hitch - HeavyChevy3500 - Gallery - GM-Trucks.com

Old 04-01-2014, 09:42 AM
XXLTexan
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by golfmedik
I'd rather not have a bumper replacement, just a guard. I am wondering though, if I call them, would they put one on a guard.
They do special orders. I had a legend series Bullnose made with no bar for a previous truck. It was just the pipe and skirts with the receiver. It was the same price as one with the regular one just had to wait for it. The only problem with asking for a receiver on a grill guard would be they may fell you or a later owner May way overload it. Worth a shot!