Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Riffraff Diesel not playing fair!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:51 AM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Riffraff Diesel not playing fair!

So yesterday morning I was focused on getting a few items ordered from Riffraff Diesel in order to rebuild the stock turbo on my Excursion and fix the pedestal O-ring link. Then I figured I might as well get their IC Boot kit and plenum inserts while I was tearing things out.

Well, one thing led to another and all of a sudden it was 5 pm (Central Time) . Crap - I need to check the IC boot sizes and get on the phone with Clay before the weekend is here.

Clay takes my order over the phone since I was fumbling around online and couldn't figure out exactly what to click. Got it all done by 5:29 p.m. central time. Feeling happy I went to the fridge to grab a Friday afternoon beer . I Saw the message light flashing on my Blackberry. I thought - let me see who called or e-mailed me while I was on the phone with Clay.

It was a damn e-mail order confirmation from Riffraff Diesel performance 3 minutes after I got off the phone!

Now - how the heck are other businesses supposed to compete with that! - Clay is too damn fast.......

Old 04-02-2011, 08:01 AM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
There is absolutely no doubt that clay runs a great business that is focused on the customer.

For awhile there my wife thought I was going crazy, I was talking about Clay and she asked if it was my imaginary friend or something . I told her he wasn't imaginary, then the boxes started to arrive........just like Santa Claus! Now she quivers every time I mention his name

Old 04-02-2011, 09:25 AM
JonathanN
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unless he manually takes my orders over the phone, he almost ALWAYS ships my orders out same day... heck, I had to keep reminding him to bill me whenever he'd manually send stuff out to me!

Kudos to Clay... I feel bad for calling him half the time with questions. I order as much as I can, but I feel bad regardless. More because we have a customer or two that come to our farm the calls all the time and it's a pain... only difference is they complain. I sure hope I ain't being pesky!

Next order will be turbo rebuild kit and injector O-rings!

Old 04-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
Clay for sure is good to deal with. Every time I pm him with a question I swear I have an answer before I press submit. The only downside is him living so far away, it takes five days to get my stuff shipped to Indiana. But it is well worth the wait

Old 04-02-2011, 09:43 AM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by Firefighter 1406
My only complaint is him living so far away it takes five days to get my stuff shipped to Indiana. Clay a Midwest office wouldn't be a bad idea
Well for us "Left Coasters" 5 days is the minimum we wait for most anything else.......That is yet another reason I support Riffraff

Old 04-02-2011, 11:17 AM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by white Buffalo

Now - how the heck are other businesses supposed to compete with that! - Clay is too damn fast.......

Old 04-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by woodnthings
Well for us "Left Coasters" 5 days is the minimum we wait for most anything else.......That is yet another reason I support Riffraff
Edited my post. Didn't want to sound like I was complaining. I was Just trying to be funny.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Thanks guys, we just try to do the best we can. Far from perfect but we are enthusiasts as well and love to get our orders in ASAP as well.

You coming to RRE Seth?

Old 04-02-2011, 01:35 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Edited my post. Didn't want to sound like I was complaining. I was Just trying to be funny.
I knew where you were going. Everything I order seems to come from Florida or New York. Always takes 7 days.....

Old 04-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Clay for sure is good to deal with. Every time I pm him with a question I swear I have an answer before I press submit. The only downside is him living so far away, it takes five days to get my stuff shipped to Indiana. But it is well worth the wait
I am at the complete opposite corner of the US from Clay, and I order everything I can from him. (I wish I could afford to order more believe you me)
Clay represents what the "bortherhood" is all about...

Old 04-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Joe28443
Joe28443
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah clay sure does make it way too easy to spend money!! Now if I only had it to spend.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by woodnthings
Clay has my stuff here in about 4 to 5 days,not bad all the way too downunder land.

Clay needs too change the look of his website now and then too put my mrs off what im up too,she spots that bright yellow head board a mile away and yells out "OH NO WHAT ARE YOU ORDERING NOW"

Clays coming too visit us all downunder,i might just leave the mrs home,i dont think he needs a crazed women telling him" PLEASE PLEASE ignore his orders,i have no money too buy food for the children"

Im trying too convince her i need a 38R atm

Old 04-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Originally Posted by Nkelly
Clay has my stuff here in about 4 to 5 days,not bad all the way too downunder land.

Clay needs too change the look of his website now and then too put my mrs off what im up too,she spots that bright yellow head board a mile away and yells out "OH NO WHAT ARE YOU ORDERING NOW"

Clays coming too visit us all downunder,i might just leave the mrs home,i dont think he needs a crazed women telling him" PLEASE PLEASE ignore his orders,i have no money too buy food for the children"

Im trying too convince her i need a 38R atm

Old 04-02-2011, 06:10 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This reminds me, I need to order some stuff....

Old 04-02-2011, 06:16 PM
nookiemonster55
Senior User
heck he even called me back on a Saturday when I had a question about torque specs on a exhaust housing I had purchased.... his day off and he still took time to answer back!!

Quick Reply: Riffraff Diesel not playing fair!