Ok I prolly missed something

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 12:51 AM
XXLTexan
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok I prolly missed something

Hey y'all!

How do I "join" the Dallas chapter? Is it as simple as saying as much or do indeed recs and is there a post minimum? I am new to this site but as my sig indicates not new to diesels...I know pics or it didn't happen. Any who please enlighten me! Thanks and God bless our republic.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:50 PM
LibTimothy
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XXLTexan
Hey y'all!

How do I "join" the Dallas chapter? Is it as simple as saying as much or do indeed recs and is there a post minimum? I am new to this site but as my sig indicates not new to diesels...I know pics or it didn't happen. Any who please enlighten me! Thanks and God bless our republic.

Greetings XXLTexan!

I believe that there is not a "Dallas" chapter per se. We just sub divided the state into 5 (or more) areas to encourage area activities like GTG's, tech days, rides, bungee jumping, etc. To accomplish this there are area GTG threads for members to communicate their plans.

You don't even need to say you want to be in the Dallas GTG. As long as you are near Dallas, willing to drive to Dallas, or know where Dallas on a map, then you are already a member of the Dallas GTG. To get involved, (i.e. to make things happen) just post on the Dallas GTG thread. There are no other requirements to membership. We aren't snooty. We're inclusive!

I hope this helps. If I am wrong Snuggy will come along and correct me, while singing show tunes. (I'm wrong sometimes on purpose when he is in a Gilbert & Sullivan mood....)

Anyway, Welcome to the chapter!

Timothy (I'm not in charge. I just think the GTG areas is a great idea.)

Old 03-13-2014, 11:32 PM
XXLTexan
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LibTimothy
Greetings XXLTexan!

I believe that there is not a "Dallas" chapter per se. We just sub divided the state into 5 (or more) areas to encourage area activities like GTG's, tech days, rides, bungee jumping, etc. To accomplish this there are area GTG threads for members to communicate their plans.

You don't even need to say you want to be in the Dallas GTG. As long as you are near Dallas, willing to drive to Dallas, or know where Dallas on a map, then you are already a member of the Dallas GTG. To get involved, (i.e. to make things happen) just post on the Dallas GTG thread. There are no other requirements to membership. We aren't snooty. We're inclusive!

I hope this helps. If I am wrong Snuggy will come along and correct me, while singing show tunes. (I'm wrong sometimes on purpose when he is in a Gilbert & Sullivan mood....)

Anyway, Welcome to the chapter!

Timothy (I'm not in charge. I just think the GTG areas is a great idea.)
Hahaha thanks for the informative and funny welcome. Really like the quote in your sig too.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:06 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"a horse is a horse, of cos of cos"……. lol.

why hello there XXLTexan! nice seeing a new member!

wow, looks like u had a good bunch of the cummins there. sounds like an adventure and a good time for a story over a nice hot cup of joe. i'd love to hear about it sometime.

we have a tech day coming up in May. i'm sure we'd all love to meet u and tat pretty six-seven of urs.

since ur already part of the chapter, just follow the thread for dallas gtg, and i'm sure there may be a discussion in there for gtg's. my in-laws are in dallas too. don't worry. they like me enough to not kill me so i don't need to sleep with one eye open.

welcome again!